Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Striker Jari Niemi was in the opening squad in his first match when his new team (Mons) won 3-0 over Beerschot. Niemis debute was very successfull. He had a big role when he scored 1-0 and 3-0 for his team.

The victory was very valuable for Mons and only third in this season.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Looks like we will steal Tomi Petrescu from you guys :)
He was born in Finland but his dad is Romanian and his mom is Finnish. He played for the Finnish youth team which means he is still allowed to play for Romania senior squad if he is called up. It's funny the guy doesn't even speak Romanian, but with a name like Petrescu he will fit right in....:D

He said he is interested!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Petrescu

Finnish IltaSanomat told 21.01.04 that Tomi thinks himself as a Finn, although Romania is his second favourite. What is more, he has never been in Romania.

Can you tell more exact, what he has said about this matter to Romanian media?

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: Petrescu

nlz said:
Finnish IltaSanomat told 21.01.04 that Tomi thinks himself as a Finn, although Romania is his second favourite. What is more, he has never been in Romania.

Can you tell more exact, what he has said about this matter to Romanian media?

Well either He is saying two different stories, or he is confused. Here is the translation of his interview (actual quotes)

ProSport: Iordanescu spoke to your dad...Will you play for Romania
Tomi Petrescu: I am honoured to hear of this proposal. I haven't had much time to think about it.
ProSport: Still what do you think about this idea?
Tomi Petrescu:I am extremely interested. I would love to play alongside Mutu and Chivu. But I still have to think about it and discus it with my family.
ProSport:Have you ever visited Romania?
Tomi: No but I'll be there in May.
ProSport: Do you speak Romanian
Tomi: Nnot very well. I was born in Finland, my mom is Finnish. I speak Romanian with Only my grandma' and my dad.
ProSport: Have u ever spoken to Mutu?
Tomi: Yes, Right after Chelsea-Leicester, we spoke in English and Romanian
ProSport: In conclusion, can you give me a definite answer with regards to the possibility of playing for Romanian NT?
Tomi: I would love to come play for Romania!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Petrescu's father played in the same Steaua Bucharest side as the current Romanian NT manager.

It would be a great loss for the Finnish NT to loose such an incredible talent as Petrescu. I think he'll stay in the Finnish NT though. He has been dubbed as the "new Litmanen." :D

Finland lost many players to Sweden like :

Rami Shaaban
Teddy Lucic
Gary Sundgren

We also lost a great golfer, Jarmo Sandelin who now represents Sweden although he is Finnish.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give it up...he's got Petrescu blood in his vein, a name that goes way back to Romania....
Thanks for the interview, gloryhunter. If he decides to play for Romania, then there is no coming back to Finland..! I think it is more likely he stays in Finland, but you never know. :undecide:

Althought the future of the Finnish football and NT seems right now pretty positive, so i wouldn't understand a decision to change to Romania..

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
nlz said:
Thanks for the interview, gloryhunter. If he decides to play for Romania, then there is no coming back to Finland..! I think it is more likely he stays in Finland, but you never know. :undecide:

Althought the future of the Finnish football and NT seems right now pretty positive, so i wouldn't understand a decision to change to Romania..

You are right, I think he will chose Finland. There is an article today in Romanian media that confirms that he said he feels Finnish and he has nothing in common with Romania. I think hte previous interview was exagerrated...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Timo Furuholm

Young FC Jazz striker Timo Furuholm impressed during his trial at Lille last week. The 16 year old played two games, one with the reserves (2 goals) and one with the youth team (1 goal).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Antti Niemi

Ilta Sanomat told 29.1., that goalkeeper Antti Niemi is planning to end his courier in Finnish national team after WC 2006 project.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lagerblom debuted in bundesliga

Pekka Lagerblom, 21, debuted today in the German bundesliga, when Werder Bremen won over Hertha Berlin 4-0. It was the first league match, when Pekka was in the team and he played right away full 90 minutes in the midfield.

Lagerblom played with a good precision and his passes found his team mates well. In the first half Lagerblom passed 2-0 goal. He had a good attempt to score in the second half, when he hit the left pole after having shot outside the 16-box.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finns were among the goals around Europe at the weekend. Jonatan Johansson scored his 4. goal of the season, but Charlton fell to a 2-1 home defeat to Bolton Wanderers. Johansson scored in the 12th minute with a diving far post header past Jussi Jääskeläinen after good work from Paolo Di Canio.

Teemu Tainio was doubtful before the match Bordeaux with an ankle injury, but Tainio scored again for Auxerre in their 5-0 demolition of Bordeaux, his third of the season. Tainio also had a hand in another goal when his shot rebounded from the goalkeeper to Cisse who scored. Auxerre are third in Le Championnat. Hannu Tihinen scored for Anderlecht in their 3-1 win away at Sint-Truiden.

·
Registered
48 Posts
lionheart said:
ANTTI NIEMI !!!!!!!!!!! ANTTI NIEMI !!!!!!!!! ANTTI NIEMI !!!!!

He's the best keeper I know & very under-rated !!

Hey...

Dont even talk about Antti Niemi... I hate him... :mad:

Why? Because he played in FCK 6 years ago or so... :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts