Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Finnish first division "Ykkönen" (second league behind VeikkausLiiga) began on Saturday. The most interesting match of the day was between FC Jokerit and Vuosaari Vikings. FC Jokerit were relegated from the VeikkausLiiga after last season. The team tried to convert to a Dutch playing style last season when former FC Zwolle & Sparta Rotterdam manager Jan Everse took over the management job at FC Jokerit. He was fired in the middle of last season after poor performances. FC Jokerit also fielded some very interesting players last season such as one of Finland's most promising players, Mika Väyrynen, Cameroonian national team player Alain Didier-Six, Nigerian national team players Bright (still at club) and Dortmund's Sunday Oliseh's brother Azubike.

Now FC Jokerit hopes to gain promotion back to the VeikkausLiiga which will expand into a 14 team league next season. This means that FC Jokerit will have a good chance of a return. This season has been dubbed as the "Return Flight 2002" season.

FC Jokerit comes from Helsinki and is therefore the biggest rivals of my club HJK Helsinki. The Jokerit ice-hockey team is the best in Europe.

FC Jokerit won the first match with 2 goals to 1 away to FC Vikings (Viikingit)

FC Jokerit supporters after the winning goal :
http://www.saunalahti.fi/base2/116/images/kuva2iso.jpg

You can find out more about FC Jokerit at :
www.jokerit.com/fc (official)

www.fc-jokerit.net (portal site)

116% Boys (FC Jokerit supporters site) :
http://www.saunalahti.fi/base2/116

The FC Jokerit supporters have a bad image in Finland. They were involved in a fight after the FC Haka match in Valkeakoski. The Jokerit supporters had according to the press attacked 4 stewards and they all ganged up on them to beat them into hospital condition. After that they had left before additional police forces arrived and they began to trash restaurants in the city centre. I believe that the FC Jokerit fans are the only violent ones in Finland. Many of the fans are also supposed to be involved in certain racist groups as well.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
lionheart said:
FC Jokerit comes from Helsinki and is therefore the biggest rivals of my club HJK Helsinki.
Then it must be quite fun mocking the Jokerit fans:D

I have always wondered which teams are the biggest rivals in Finland. Just as FCK and Brøndby are in Denmark.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but now HJK is in the TOP league and FC Jokerit isn't!! HAHAHA! :D

They have to play in the first division this season!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts