Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
52,175 Posts
Even gimp countries like Bulgaria and Scotland will be in the playoffs lol.

Despite being woeful in qualifying.
So it seems I might be confusing world qualifiers rules with new euro ones lol and completely oblivious of it. So 3rd and 4th place teams have chance to make it too?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I'm new to the nations cup thing tho (unlikely qualifiers, I ignored nations league entirely), how does Norway have a chance when they likely to finish 4th in our group?
Guess it doesn’t matter how they finish in this group as they won their NC group and so will get a semifinal- and final playoff chance.

·
Administrator
52,175 Posts
Guess it doesn’t matter how they finish in this group as they won their NC group and so will get a semifinal- and final playoff chance.
This seems confusing and silly system lol. My bad for completely ignoring Nations cup/league, wrote it off as Europa league level of irrelevant and dont even know how Sweden did there lol. While I go to majority of home games for euro and world cup qualifiers.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,689 Posts
I forgot Icelands existence lol. But I expect both us and Denmark to make it.

I'm new to the nations cup thing tho (unlikely qualifiers, I ignored nations league entirely), how does Norway have a chance when they likely to finish 4th in our group?

I was at our game vs Spain last night in klacken. One of its leaders was giving us a short seminar in all the ways we can qualify pre game, funny guy lol.
Don't ask me, I didn't bother following it either (I think I only watched the last match against Russia). But if I understand things correctly the teams that won their Nations Cup group are automatically guaranteed a playoff spot for the Euros. Or something like that...

All I know is that Norway (just as Sweden) have a playoff spot in case they fail to qualify through the regular qualifying group.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Yeeaaah, get in.

Makes it even sweeter to knock out a Balcunt nation.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
They didn't knock them out, Bosnia were superior on head-to-head results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What?

Iceland are basically out after Turkey got a point from France. Denmark will probably have to get a result in Ireland in the last round. Sweden still has to get at least a draw away to Romania.

And Norway still have their playoff chance, from that Nations Cup thing.
Iceland is NOT out. They are going to the play-off simply because they were in the league A in the UNL and basically all the other League A teams qualify directly.

Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland are all guaranteed at least play-off because they were group winners in UNL. Iceland did not win their group, but they benefit from this funky new system.

Denmark is also very likely to go directly through, as Finland. For Denmark it all comes down to last match against Ireland. The Swiss have easy games left, so they will win that group.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,689 Posts
Iceland is NOT out. They are going to the play-off simply because they were in the league A in the UNL and basically all the other League A teams qualify directly.

Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland are all guaranteed at least play-off because they were group winners in UNL. Iceland did not win their group, but they benefit from this funky new system.

Denmark is also very likely to go directly through, as Finland. For Denmark it all comes down to last match against Ireland. The Swiss have easy games left, so they will win that group.
Thanks, I had no idea that it worked like that.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Thanks, I had no idea that it worked like that.
Neither did most other football fans Nacka, I've been saying from day 1 that the Nations League system is stupid and useless. UEFA have a tendancy of changing things that worked well for decades for personal profit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When you qualify after 81 years of trying...

Million viewers on TV channel Nelonen, but the match was also streamed by Viasat/ViaPlay/Viafree, so the figure is even bigger.

That is some ice hockey -level numbers, and the celebrations were on the same if not better level also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Belgium, Russia, Denmark. Normally would be a pretty decent EURO group, considering. But having to face Ruskies and Danes in their home pitches is kinda sucky. Then off to meet the best NT on the planet on a neutral ground...

But we are in. My lack-of-god we are finally in. You can't believe the collective trauma we've had ever since Finland-hungry 1997. Even when we only needed to win Liechtenstein, some older folks were sure we would still f it up.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts