Xtratime Community banner

What is your favourate moment of the season?

• Keown jumping Ruud from Behind!

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Arsenal Thumping Inter in their own Backyard

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anticipating people assuming that I am looking to "start a fight" I have decided to see what some of you guys really like and how you respond to a post that cant be accused of being at all anti-arsenal.

Im sure your moderator will add to the list if you please but I dont anticipate too many others, perhaps Henry resigning.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
oh good god.....XT is really going down the drain.

drummer is now a FM??

:rollani:

i really question the requirements for FM now since he is a FM. seriously, wat is going on in XT ??

this is a joke

if you are FM, i quite remember distinctly you are to moderate your specified forum, and not create polls elsewhere as that is wakky and bastins job.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
There're many magical and beautiful moment this season for Arsenal fan like myself. For me, it's obviously our big victory against Internazionale Milan FC, 5-1 in San Siro. I see a more mature team in Arsenal, we play with confidence and didn't show any nervous feeling. Probably the biggest victory of Arsène Wenger as Arsenal coach. It makes all Arsenal fans proud. That victory have a very big impact since we have shown a consistent and confidence in every matches we play.

The moment where Keown yelling at RVN is also my favorite. Boy...you should see the face of RVN when he failed his penalty. He was ready to jump and celebrate, but...oh dear it missed :howler: . The final score is 0-0 with Arsenal and Man Utd. players quarelling in the end. In the end, the FA banned and fined some of our players and also Giggs and little Ronaldo as well. But like usual, unlike us who took the decision fair and square, Slur Alice can't stop moaning that the charge should be heavier for us, blah blah.

[EDIT : fix the scoreline]

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I voted for Inter as we played beautifully that night and also with AG needing finance,it was one of the most important results in our history,because without the CL money ,who knows ,we could have stayed at Highbury,this would have meant when Wenger left we could have just become the level of Villa or Spurs :(

but the HandbagGate was the funniest moments and made me very proud,Lehmann came to the fore with his 'Madman Gooner' routine,many fans all over the country enjoyed it because it was natural justice and exposed RvN completely for what he is,the pathetic kid in the playground who pinches another kid,then when the kid turns round and whacks him,off he goes running to teacher. :howler:

all the snidey things he has done came home to roost that day,and when he was confronted he had to rely on a kid he didn't know to steam in,because Roy Keane had looked the other way in contempt and backed our player,and then more or less laughed at his snidey ways in the after match interview. ;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Swiftwilly said:
oh good god.....XT is really going down the drain.

drummer is now a FM??

:rollani:

i really question the requirements for FM now since he is a FM. seriously, wat is going on in XT ??

this is a joke

if you are FM, i quite remember distinctly you are to moderate your specified forum, and not create polls elsewhere as that is wakky and bastins job.
Hey SwiftRichard,I can see why you aint an Fm. I am not aware of an Fm's jobs to be the only person to open poles on their own forum.
So let me get this straight, me posting a pole in the arsenal forum on arsenals finest season moment is absurd, but you slagging me for creating a pole here in the arsenal forum about arsenal, isnt. Hmmm, you dont get out much richard do you!!!:D
Zhuge Liang the game was in fact 0-0.
jern, at the risk of haveing this thread closed for asking a completely legitimate question. Am I right in saying that you think that the arsenal players were justified in their actions after that match? If so, When united roughed arsenal up during the game last season at OT, many arsenal fans felt that united were unfair and that united fans shouldnt be proud casue we "kicked arsenal off the park". May I ask how you have come to this assumption? That is, how united players battling for a 2-0 win being wrong and arsenal players fighting themselves into missing games after the game was over being justified?
On the point of the 5-1, I totally agree. United best result last season was 3-0 away to Juve, nothing better then stuffing the Italians on their own soil!!! Henry showed that if arsenal can raise their level to european standards, henry is ready to take up the mantle as one of europes finest on the biggest stage in world club football.

·
63,337 Posts
Drummer,you kicked us during the game,it's a bit different to after the game's finished don't you think. ;)

when it comes to football our players always play fair,kicking people and hoping you get away with is cheating,pushing someone because they are snidecunt is not.

that is why we are more respected than your bunch of thugs,you won't see Arsenal players nutting people off the ball and slapping geezers round the chops,well only in self-defence of course. :D

United are the agressors,we just hand out the justice. ;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jern Lizardhous said:
Drummer,you kicked us during the game,it's a bit different to after the game's finished don't you think. ;)

when it comes to football our players always play fair,kicking people and hoping you get away with is cheating,pushing someone because they are snidecunt is not.

that is why we are more respected than your bunch of thugs,you won't see Arsenal players nutting people off the ball and slapping geezers round the chops,well only in self-defence of course. :D

United are the agressors,we just hand out the justice. ;)
Wait a minute. You think that its being respectful attacking one player for missing a penalty during and after a game??:howler:
Sorry rule, what happens on the park should stay on the park, arsenal players were silly not brave. If arsenal had of dropped loads of points due to their suspensions and ultimately lost the league it wouldnt be much compensation. United players were rough but won the game, arsenal players were rough and gained nothing but suspensions by their actions.
This cant turn into a slander of arsenal cause the arsenal moderator does not permit that kind of slander. My point is that what you are simply doing is clearing arsenal players of unprofessional ill discipline and accusing united of being totally unfair in their actions for fighting to win a game (Something the arsenal boys did at OT this season during the game).

·
63,337 Posts
exactly,we could have lost points,which shows we will stand against what we think is morally wrong..eg RvN ,even though there may be a price to pay,that is moral conviction,kicking people on a pitch is rule breaking and cheating,there is no moral crusade it's just cheating.

that is why we are respected,there was a snide that had cheated in every game we played for two seasons against him,our players are not angels,angels would have walked away,but they have a strong sense of justice,where there is anarchy,vigilante groups are the only justice,if the refs don't hand it out ,we will :tongue: :D

Roy Keane agreed with us and turned his back on RvN who goes against everything Keane stands for ie.cheating despicable snidey behaviour,he should have played for the Arsenal,when he busted Haaland's knee i thought it was a cowardly way of doing it,but you have got to agree that he was morally right,Haaland certainly deserved something. ;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Jern Lizardhous said:
exactly,we could have lost points,which shows we will stand against what we think is morally wrong..eg RvN ,even though there may be a price to pay,that is moral conviction,kicking people on a pitch is rule breaking and cheating,there is no moral crusade it's just cheating.

that is why we are respected,there was a snide that had cheated in every game we played for two seasons against him,our players are not angels,angels would have walked away,but they have a strong sense of justice,where there is anarchy,vigilante groups are the only justice,if the refs don't hand it out ,we will :tongue: :D

Roy Keane agreed with us and turned his back on RvN who goes against everything Keane stands for ie.cheating despicable snidey behaviour,he should have played for the Arsenal,when he busted Haaland's knee i thought it was a cowardly way of doing it,but you have got to agree that he was morally right,Haaland certainly deserved something. ;)
Thast not the issue and you know it. Keown has been just as filthy and dirty over the years. And what about Pires and his 9.9 dives to win penalties. What about Ian wright and his lunges at Schmeichal.
Dont take the moral high ground on this and expect a result. Arsenal have one of the worse disciplinary records in the game and you have the gaul to accuse to united having a player thats cheated in every arsenal game hes played in. What like when keown elbowed him in the face last season for what JD said was ruud standing on his toe. The fact isnt that the arsenal players lost it cause they hate ruud, its cause Wengers weakness is discipline. You guys branded Keane a nasty piece of work cause he settled scores himself, yet arsenal boys heroes cause 5 of them gang up on 1 united player. Very respectful and brave!!! Do you read what you write Jern or does it just sound better in your head!!!:D
We better watch things here, this cant turn into a catfight. We can open a thread in the united forum on this topic if you want to really go into things about united and arsenals discipline problems!!;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Just look at my AVATAR and you'll know what is my best moment
:D

ONLY ONE MARTIN KEWON
THERE IS ONLY ONE MARTIN KEOWN

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Re: ..........

Drummer said:
Thast not the issue and you know it. Keown has been just as filthy and dirty over the years. And what about Pires and his 9.9 dives to win penalties. What about Ian wright and his lunges at Schmeichal.
Dont take the moral high ground on this and expect a result. Arsenal have one of the worse disciplinary records in the game and you have the gaul to accuse to united having a player thats cheated in every arsenal game hes played in. What like when keown elbowed him in the face last season for what JD said was ruud standing on his toe. The fact isnt that the arsenal players lost it cause they hate ruud, its cause Wengers weakness is discipline. You guys branded Keane a nasty piece of work cause he settled scores himself, yet arsenal boys heroes cause 5 of them gang up on 1 united player. Very respectful and brave!!! Do you read what you write Jern or does it just sound better in your head!!!:D
We better watch things here, this cant turn into a catfight. We can open a thread in the united forum on this topic if you want to really go into things about united and arsenals discipline problems!!;)
yeah well 5 gooners and 1 utd player... say quite alot for something called team spirit which utd dont have, oh and another thing... mayb the utd players realised wht scum van dive is and thts y they cudnt b bothered savin his ass...

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Re: .........

Drummer said:
Hey SwiftRichard,I can see why you aint an Fm. I am not aware of an Fm's jobs to be the only person to open poles on their own forum.
So let me get this straight, me posting a pole in the arsenal forum on arsenals finest season moment is absurd, but you slagging me for creating a pole here in the arsenal forum about arsenal, isnt. Hmmm, you dont get out much richard do you!!!:D
Zhuge Liang the game was in fact 0-0.
jern, at the risk of haveing this thread closed for asking a completely legitimate question. Am I right in saying that you think that the arsenal players were justified in their actions after that match? If so, When united roughed arsenal up during the game last season at OT, many arsenal fans felt that united were unfair and that united fans shouldnt be proud casue we "kicked arsenal off the park". May I ask how you have come to this assumption? That is, how united players battling for a 2-0 win being wrong and arsenal players fighting themselves into missing games after the game was over being justified?
On the point of the 5-1, I totally agree. United best result last season was 3-0 away to Juve, nothing better then stuffing the Italians on their own soil!!! Henry showed that if arsenal can raise their level to european standards, henry is ready to take up the mantle as one of europes finest on the biggest stage in world club football.

about FM, looking at your past attitude, and posts that is what i am saying how on earth you got to be FM.

and yes i was a FM and i gave up cose it took to much of my time. i was a FM before you came here.

i dont know wats going on...is it manc posters?? i mean i saw kingkobra another FM say bastin was a prick which was beyond me. somethign is really wrong with you guys, maybe the thought of your team going down the drain hurts you too much

·
63,337 Posts
Re: ..........

Drummer said:
Dont take the moral high ground on this and expect a result. Arsenal have one of the worse disciplinary records in the game and you have the gaul to accuse to united having a player thats cheated in every arsenal game hes played in. What like when keown elbowed him in the face last season for what JD said was ruud standing on his toe. The fact isnt that the arsenal players lost it cause they hate ruud, its cause Wengers weakness is discipline. You guys branded Keane a nasty piece of work cause he settled scores himself, yet arsenal boys heroes cause 5 of them gang up on 1 united player.
our disciplinary record is a lot of red cards,you sound like a tabloid journalist bringing that up,90% of them are for late challenges or dissent,not for thuggish behaviour,Dennis elbow and Cole's horror tackle on Thatcher are the only ones i can think of,other reds were just a reaction to provocation,on the field we are possibly the fairest in the land,our players never get orders to try to disrupt teams by blatant cheating like kicking teams which Fergie obviously does to your boys,Scholes very rarely ever tackles cleanly ,he normally aims for the shins and if he gets some of the ball that's a bonus,he knows it is extremely rare for him to get sent off or even booked,other disgraceful behaviours favoured by United such as nutting,chop slapping :D and obscene gestures to young kiddies are not in our repertoire. :cool:

Keown has never done anyone,most of his reds are for professional fouls or two yellows,he didn't elbow RvN,stop lying,he slapped him on the chops because he was standing on his foot,what would you do if someone was standing on your foot? another example of RvN the agressor,winding people up to get them into trouble then going down like he's been shot(this is his speciality,as i said ,the kid in the playground who pinches the other kids,then when they give him his deserved slap,he bursts into tears and runs to teacher);)

Pires did a dive against Pompey,yes they weren't happy about it,now imagine he stands on one of their feet then goes down like he's been shot in the next game,then imagaine he goes to the ref and pleads with him to speak to the linesman in order to get the Pompey CB sent off in the next game,then after that imagine he punches a Pompey midfielder for no reason in the next game.in the game after that he does a kung-fu kick on one Pompey player then forearms another in the face and stays on the pitch,do you see where i am going with this? would the Pompey players really like Pires by now? then in the last game he tries to wind their captain up by upping him with no intention to get the ball and when he gets a reaction he jumps back in outrage like it's the worst thing in the world has happened even though he was never touched,do you think even the calmest of people say like Lauren would have had enough by now? I think it's a no-brainer. ;)

btw ,i didn't brand Keane a nasty piece of work,i called him cowardly for what he did,but i applaud him for sorting Haaland out,he wasn't going to get justice anywhere else,i thought he should have clumped him :D

and Schmeichel deserved far worse than a lunge from Wright,if you think people should just get away with belittling a man for the colour of their skin then i can only pity you i'm afraid. :(

·
Registered
886 Posts
GO ON JERN !! :D

The Old Trafford game is a classic and one of the highlights in my Gooner life :D .
I also got a lot of repect for roy Keane after this game. The way he tried to keep Paddy out of trouble and the way he in the post match interview just smiled and said no comments when he was asked if he thought the Arsenal players had overreacted. We all know that he had defended him on and off the pitch if he had thought RvN didn't deserve it.
Respect to the Keane, Although he's still a ManU twat :D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
My finest moment was Arsenal's fourth goal (scored by Edu) in the Giuseppe Meazza. Not until that moment had I considered the possibility of us topping the group, and, until then, there was always the possibility of us winning but still being eliminated; it put our future in our hands.
Swiftwilly said:
I don't have a problem with him doing that, and, provided that his threads are not intended to wind people up, I don't see how anyone can have any objection.

·
63,337 Posts
Bastin said:
I don't have a problem with him doing that, and, provided that his threads are not intended to wind people up, I don't see how anyone can have any objection.
all his threads are designed to wind people up,i don't think that's in question,i mean he wanted us all to say Keown was great so he could rant on about some old tosh he'd read in the Star about our indiscipline. :D

still keep his threads open,Drummer is a funny guy :D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: ..........

Jern Lizardhous said:
our disciplinary record is a lot of red cards,you sound like a tabloid journalist bringing that up,90% of them are for late challenges or dissent,not for thuggish behaviour,Dennis elbow and Cole's horror tackle on Thatcher are the only ones i can think of,other reds were just a reaction to provocation,on the field we are possibly the fairest in the land,our players never get orders to try to disrupt teams by blatant cheating like kicking teams which Fergie obviously does to your boys,Scholes very rarely ever tackles cleanly ,he normally aims for the shins and if he gets some of the ball that's a bonus,he knows it is extremely rare for him to get sent off or even booked,other disgraceful behaviours favoured by United such as nutting,chop slapping :D and obscene gestures to young kiddies are not in our repertoire. :cool:

Keown has never done anyone,most of his reds are for professional fouls or two yellows,he didn't elbow RvN,stop lying,he slapped him on the chops because he was standing on his foot,what would you do if someone was standing on your foot? another example of RvN the agressor,winding people up to get them into trouble then going down like he's been shot(this is his speciality,as i said ,the kid in the playground who pinches the other kids,then when they give him his deserved slap,he bursts into tears and runs to teacher);)

Pires did a dive against Pompey,yes they weren't happy about it,now imagine he stands on one of their feet then goes down like he's been shot in the next game,then imagaine he goes to the ref and pleads with him to speak to the linesman in order to get the Pompey CB sent off in the next game,then after that imagine he punches a Pompey midfielder for no reason in the next game.in the game after that he does a kung-fu kick on one Pompey player then forearms another in the face and stays on the pitch,do you see where i am going with this? would the Pompey players really like Pires by now? then in the last game he tries to wind their captain up by upping him with no intention to get the ball and when he gets a reaction he jumps back in outrage like it's the worst thing in the world has happened even though he was never touched,do you think even the calmest of people say like Lauren would have had enough by now? I think it's a no-brainer. ;)

btw ,i didn't brand Keane a nasty piece of work,i called him cowardly for what he did,but i applaud him for sorting Haaland out,he wasn't going to get justice anywhere else,i thought he should have clumped him :D

and Schmeichel deserved far worse than a lunge from Wright,if you think people should just get away with belittling a man for the colour of their skin then i can only pity you i'm afraid. :(
Are you serious.
You call me funny,.when I show friends what you write, they nearly crack their ribs with laughter!!!
Ok so keown isnt a dirty player and Scholes is terrible? Its not just that scholes cant tackle to save his life?
And I love the way you go on about the RVN aggressor.Whos fault was it that Viera kicked out at ruud?Was it vieras for not keeping his composure or ruuds?
And dont talk to me about players being riled up. When your team has had Keane, cantona and Beckham we know more than any and have had to deal with our players with short fuses being riled and tempted into petulant fouls.
And pires has dived in many games, its not limited to the one. What you are saying is that its ok to cheat if you have a reason then is that it. All the arsenal players have a reason for their poor discipline? Its just a coincidence that arsenal have been involved in two high profile on pitch melees cause they are the only team in the world with team spirit in the last 15 years? :D
Self delusion is a great thing.The only reason that the arsenal players lost it is cause they have no discipline and are one of those teams, like alot of their fans ironically enough, that can dish it out, but dont like it coming back on them.
Every team wants to miss a loadof players thru suspension just to start a melee on the pitcH!!!:D
all his threads are designed to wind people up,i don't think that's in question,i mean he wanted us all to say Keown was great so he could rant on about some old tosh he'd read in the Star about our indiscipline.
I actually dont read the papers!!!! Whatever I think about jern, At least somebody here can at least stomach an opinion thats not based on praising all that is arsenal. It just so happens taht this thread was meant to just see what kind of people we have on the arsenal forum, thats all.
United are by no means perfect, I never said that they were, we have had some of the most ill disciplined players around, but you guys are extremely hilarious if you think that starting a melee is spirit. Would you call 9 leicester players supposedly attacking woman as team spirit? No so why a bunch of arsenal players attacking one player??
And jern I didnt expect to be attacked at the first post from a failed FM like richard. I think that the post was quite fair and its obvious that these are mainly the two most favourate. Just wanted to see who was sad and who at least appreciates football for what it is.;)

·
63,337 Posts
fighting isn't cheating,you are not trying to gain an advantage from it are you,so yes if the ref doesn't sort it out,it's human nature to go above his head. ;)

facts is you provoke,we react,because we have a sense of fair play and justice,your team just goes out to cheat,laughable how Gary Nev can call the Portuguese divers,or was he talking about your own Cristiano Ronaldo? :D

and to bring the Leicester players up is uncalled for and ridiculous,them allegations are deeply serious and if true could have ruined them women's lives,it's ridiculous to compare that to what any Arsenal players have ever done on a football pitch with a bit of handbags. ;)

i just hope any rape victims have not read what you wrote,because they are now probably trembling with emotion as all the painful memories come back,they may even have collapsed and be on their way to hospital because of your thoughtless ranting. :(

I think you should apologise to the Xtratime community and all women everywhere immediately. :pp :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts