Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
51,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, 2-1 away against Watford, Hulse and Carlisle the scorers. Our last victory was from February, since then we had a winless run of 5 games (four draws in a row and a 0-4 beating by Sheffield Wednesday :scream: ).

Anyway, it's midtable obscurity for us this season. We are 10th in the table and playoff is out of reach ( 6th place is 10 pts away with 4 rounds to go). Ah well, at least we showed improvement over the season.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
This might sound strange to some people but even though the football's been ugly, it's been a great year.
At the beginning of the seasons Leeds were faced with relegation again, going into administration or even disappearing off the face of the earth. I think most would have signed on the dotted line tenth place and our club sorted out.
I've made it over a couple of times and the atmosphere is still fantastic so let's be patient and hope for better times.
Signed
A Leeds watcher since 1966

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Today April 23rd is the 30th anniverary of our club's greatest feat. We went to the Camp Nou in Barcelona to play the second leg of the semi finals of the European Cup with only a slim lead of 2-1 but before long Peter Lorimer had scored and in spite of a Clares equaliser we were in the grand final for the only time.
having a bit of a look round Leeds sites nobody seems to have noticed it. Not even the "On This Day" section of the official site.
Oh well, nice memories :smileani:

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Now that's a really intelligent post, five words repeated saying nothing. Do you really hate a football team? It must be your age. If it's any consolation to you, a lot of leeds fans would love to see the Owls out of their current predicament. I went down there once to see Pele (do you know who he was?) play againts Wednesday and have always loved the place, not to mention the city.
One day you'll get out of it, I promise you, your natural enemies are the Blades not us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts