Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From soccerage.com

Inter goalkeeper Francesco Toldo has launched a stinging attack on Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni after finding himself on the bench for each of the Azzurri's four World Cup matches.

"It was a very strange World Cup for me," he said. "At times I wondered if I was just wasting my time after working so hard to prepare.

"I knew that I wouldn't start the tournament but Trapattoni let me think that I'd have the opportunity to play at some point. I have the memory of an elephant for some things.

"I have respect for Trapattoni but for too many players it felt like being on holiday because some players were untouchable."I think this was a problem for Italy."

The last paragraph says it all!Some players were untouchable!While players like Toldo or Montella who were more in form,Buffon and Inzaghi or Totti were ahead of them.

But no one would ever think in this way again,cuz Italy were robbed,right?!:rolleyes:

Sigh........

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
hahahah joe, why don't you visit the italy national team forum? :D

Anyways, it's very much a disgrace why montella didn't start and how come Vieri was never subed out despite poor finishes.

It's late to critize Trap though. I think some players are supporting him simply because they are guarenteed a spot in the national team.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Toldo is a cry baby. One would think that a 30 year old man would have some more dignity. Toldo should just realize that Buffon is the better goalkeeper.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i think both are at fault here verdi.

Trap should be open minded about picking the fit players.

Toldo however, is a replacement (in a sense) and buffon doesn't have much problem in the net.

I don't know what trap said to Toldo, maybe he DID promise a start to him, but toldo shouldn't have expected a starting place when Buffon's name was on the 24 man list.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
VERDI said:
Toldo is a cry baby. One would think that a 30 year old man would have some more dignity. Toldo should just realize that Buffon is the better goalkeeper.

U must be blind !!! Did you watch the EURO 2000???? Toldo carried Italy's back like **** !!!

WTF and u still say Buffon is the better goalie.........
Toldo is 30 yrs old but he's better than the younger Buffon PERIOD !!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Oh, come on... :rolleyes: Buffon is the better man and you all know it. Cannavaro even said Buffon was the Maradona of goalkeepers. This doesn't mean that Toldo is bad. In any national team besides Italy and Germany he would play. He's just unlucky to be playing during the same age as Buffon.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets face it,Toldo snubed Parma for Inter last season!:D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
joeyue said:
What has that got to do with it? :rolleyes: Toldo is still not good enough to take Buffons place, which is what we're discussing here.

And I honestly wouldn't trade Frey for him even if I could.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
joeyue said:
Sorry I didn't get u!! Whats that to do with Trap and the NT ?:confused: :rolleyes:

Ciao

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
VERDI said:
And I honestly wouldn't trade Frey for him even if I could.
Toldo is one of the top goalies in the world - with Kahn, Canizares, Seaman, and Dudek. Buffon and Frey don't even come close.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Bastin said:

Toldo is one of the top goalies in the world - with Kahn, Canizares, Seaman, and Dudek. Buffon and Frey don't even come close.
Everobody's entitled to their oppinion. But such a post isn't very constructive.
Couldn't you please explain instead why you think Buffon and Frey are worse then, let's say Seaman?

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I am of the opinion that Toldo is the best keeper in the world, but it´s a close range. And number two is Buffon. And to hear that Seaman who IMO has always been somewhat of an average overrated keeper, is supposed to be wayyyy better than Buffon and even Frey is hilarious. :D

Buffon is as worldclass as you can become. He can only improve with his low age too, but that things I´ve seen from Toldo this season is just --> :dazed:

But Seaman?! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Bastin said:

:dielaugh: You got to love the english... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Yup that is why Buffon conceded 5 goals in 4 games at W.C. 2002 against teams liek Croatia Mexico and Korea

While Toldo let in 4 in 6 games against the likes of Turkey Belgium(host nations and CLEAN SHEET) a brilliant Larsson goal against Sweden Romania HOLLAND!!!!!!!! and France who accounted for 2 of thos goals.

Go ahead and compare the two keepers.

Last season Juve had the best defence.....and Buffon had less shots to save than Toldo.

But i'm not going all the way into my computer files to show you it now. But Toldo's stats per shots per game are much more impressive than Buffon's

Anyway......i too would probably play Buffon if i was Trapatoni because of age so.....:D:D I'm not to angry with Trap.

But Toldo right now is better ifyou ask me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts