Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last we have gotten a striker! And not one, but two!!
Leandro and Nuno Gomes!!!! I am simply overjoyed, I've been wanting to see Nuno in a viola jersey for a very long time. Wow...this is just excellent!!!! More on this later :):):):):)

D

·
0 Posts
For how much did Nuno Gomes sign?

I knew this deal was extremely close to being sealed, but has it been confirmed yet as officially signed?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well guys if Rui Costa plays good and gives the balls to Nuno Gomes like he did to Batigol then he will will do great but u also have leandro and the other 2 srikers.
Well i have always liked fiorentina but since Nuno Gomes is there i'm gonna follow them even more.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Well thats good for Fiorentina i think now buy a couple of mid and defenders and forget about the Bati era Fiorentina can make the Serie A Championship even more Exciting i think this great for fiorentina and it makes it more interesting Parma Inter Fiorentina lazio Roma juve milan will all contest this championship very strongly.

BUT INTER WILL WIN IT

A

·
0 Posts
Really can't wait to see Nuno Gomes dressed in our purple jersey! Though he's got 8-month on the international events, it's still great to have him in Artemio Franchi.
I know little about Leandro, can anyone tell me something about him?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
hey ST...tell Fiorentina to keep their hands off of my players...totally ruined my evening :( (if you catch my drift ;))

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehe Marcoa...I must admit I was surprised about Leandro, and probably Porto should have gotten him since they negotiated the deal with his club Portuguesa.. I think his agent demanded to high salary from Porto, and thats when Fio came in.

·
Registered
270 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE!!!

OH MY GOD!!! CAN U BELIEVE WHO GORI GOT US???

N-U-N-O G-O-M-E-S

well, i just can't retain myself! after seeing him explode in euro2000, i can honestly say he will bring us the identical glory for us finally!

hey man! i think somebody previously mentioned this totally correct statement: "lets move on from the batigol-era" and into the new dimension for FIORENTINA!! now with young, prolific, energetic and stylish strikers alongside the pre-established support of rui, cois, torri and toldo.... hey people, i think my hopes are up once again!

i mean, the strike force is now balanced with energy, experience, determination, finesse, accuracy and power... man it is ready to explode and bring us some total-sexy football!! thank you gori and the directors...

imagine bati in two or more years, by himself all alone up front for fio... or now with nuno gomes, leandro (whoever he is!), chiesa and mijatovic for a couple of years running

compared to lazio, although less fame but nonetheless a promising future with straight-forward direction and driving force!

this is truly amazing stuff... only if it was true and confirmed... ASAP!!

N

·
0 Posts
I am an Inter Milan fan and I think that Batistuta should never have left Fiorentina he is truley loved by the viola's fans, they even made a statue of him, his excuse when leaving for Roma was "I wanted to win things" As if Roma are a better side than Fiorentina anyway.

I absolutely love NUNO GOMES. Although to be truthful I think he is over-rated. I don't think he'll do as well for Fiorentina next season as he did for Portugal in Euro 2000. He played against mediocre defences and hasn't yet faced tough strong defenders like Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro and Cordoba.

I hope he does really well though!!

I hate Mijatovic though.

Oh! yeah and he was bought for £9.7 million and its now official.

Factfile on Nuno Gomes

LISBON, July 16 (Reuters)(DS) - Factfile on Nuno Gomes, who
signed early on Sunday for Italian side Fiorentina for a fee
sources placed at $19 million.
Born July 5, 1976 in Amarante.
Height 1.81 metres, weight 72 kg.
Playing career:
1994 - Makes premier league debut for Boavista.
1996 - Makes debut for Portugal against France. Has won 18
caps in all.
1997 - Joins Benfica.
2000 - Scores four goals for Portugal in Euro 2000 who
reached semifinals against France. Bright performance
overshadowed by his excessive protest at referee's decision to
award a controversial golden-goal penalty wich ejects Portugal.
UEFA hands down an eight-month ban.
July 16 2000 - Joins Fiorentina.

____________________________________-

FORZA INTER MILAN
FORZA RONALDO
FORZA RUI COSTA
FORZA NUNO GOMES

JUVENTUS GO TO HELL HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
mmmmmmssssmack Gomes !!! :) :)

You guys are so lucky to have him. Welcome to Italy Nuno :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah Nuno Gomes will be great for Fiorentina in the absence of Batistuta. Possibly the beginning of a new era??

But he'll leave Fiorentina in his early thirties to find success elsewhere. :D

F

·
0 Posts
Being a benfica supporter i'm sad to see him go. But being a fan of fiorentina i'm glad he went decided to go there of all places he had to choose.

If it wasn't for jardel of porto, gomes would have been the best striker in portugal for the last few seasons. i know you can't compare porutgal to italian leagues. but he has proved himself at the highest level.

good luck nuno gomes

F_rog (benfica forever)

A

·
0 Posts
Nazario De Lima said:

I absolutely love NUNO GOMES. Although to be truthful I think he is over-rated. I don't think he'll do as well for Fiorentina next season as he did for Portugal in Euro 2000. He played against mediocre defences and hasn't yet faced tough strong defenders like Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro and Cordoba.

do you think the french defence is mediocre they are the best.do you know why barthez concedes less goals at international level because of french defence

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
A quick peek underneath my username will explain why I'm unhappy this morning :mad: - Benfica loses Gomes and Inter has to face him now!

Best of Luck to Nuno - except against Internazionale :)!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love this deal....both of them youth and caps are a great thing for us...nuno right on....now lets look at some of our other needs....i.e. a strong central defender and we will be in good shape for a title run....

·
Registered
124 Posts
well as a fiorentina and portugal fan...
honestly i do think nuno gomes is overrated , though he'll do good for fiorentina but not as good as most of you will expect.
and who is leandro??? can anyone give a stat of him?? plz...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leandro is a Brazil youth International, thats pretty much all I know. He will play for Brazil in the olympics later this year.

About Nuno, I also think we should not have too high hopes. I know he will definitely be good for us, but he isn't a new Batistuta, far from it. However, that might just as well be a good thing as Fio can finally be considered a team rather than a one-man show.

It is the team that wins championships. A single player can win specific games like Bati did, but no matter how much he scored it could never lead all the way to the top. I am not asking for Nuno to be topscorer in serie A, but for him to bag a reasonable amount of goals and be a part of a well-balanced team. And I'm confident he can do that..

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I'm happy for u Fiorentina fans for having signed NUNO GOMES,i like this guy,he is a great finisher.in euro he did not only score quite a lot(only minus one from top-scorer)but also always made beautiful goals(remember his goal against england and france).Can't wait to see him playing:)
Great choice by cecchi gori;)
FORZA GOMES

1 - 20 of 20 Posts