Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who really has what it takes? Since the draw of this fixtures, there have been injuries that have ruled some out of this mouth-watering matches i.e Xavi. Some teams have gone into dips of form i.e Barca at some point, and also Chelsea at some point.
There have been revivals for some old powerhouse names i.e Real Madrid and AC Milan. And further Rejuvenation for the all-conquering Juventus. Do Chelsea have what it takes to stop what is considered as the best attcking trio in the planet (Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o). Can Milan go a step further than Juventus went and totally destroy Bayern Munich or will Ballack be the deciding factor of this meeting. Will Madrid turn their lucrative domestic form into a good shot at 10th Glory. Or will Henry and his young buddies see their only chance of a title and even better a first Champions League trophy in their last season at Highbury. Will Bremen's highly rated attacking trio destroy 'probably' the best defence in Europe. Or will Zlatans current form be too much to handle.

Can Internazionale bounce back from a dissapointing last few weeks and outdo Ajax young boys. Or will Sneijder steer them to a famous victory 'against the odds'. Will Benfica be the Anglo-conquering team of this campaign and show the holders the exit or will Liverpool's organisation prove vital. Villareal or Rangers, im not undermining any team in this competitions as the past two seasons have proved the word underdog to be almost non-existenst (Liverpool, Porto) but surely any team that progresses from this stage would love to meet one of this two. (Keep in mind though, they are here at the expense of Man Utd and Porto )

Who do you think will progress from here???

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I saw the words Ballack and Zlatans....other than that the entire post flew over my head :tongue:

PS: Good post, it's gonna be exciting...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I support Bayern (if it was any other team, I would support Milan, but I kinda like Bayern's spirit), Arsenal, Bremen, Inter, Barcelona, Liverpool, PSV and......................

THE MIGHTY SCOTTISH RANGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
FORZA RANGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I like Arsenal, I really doo....yet their team gives me the thought of an aging gladiator, a once great that is merely huffing and puffing to try to beat even the lowest of them all

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Al Capone said:
I like Arsenal, I really doo....yet their team gives me the thought of an aging gladiator, a once great that is merely huffing and puffing to try to beat even the lowest of them all
ageing is the last thing i'd think of about our team. :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Jern you have nothing to worry about....Real Madrid is nothing but a name at this point in time

Arsenal have the will right now...and that is all that counts :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
If Chels was playing Madrid...mmmm, mouth watering...Wed MARCH RYT THRU THEM, ryt in the middle,Lamps...Essien...Drogs would make Ramos sh*t,crespo in the second half n Terry making R9/Cassano wish they never desertd...Yeah this whole thing wud b over b4 the second leg...

BUT, Its my beloved BArca...OH NO!! as the highlander filmssay...

THER CAN ONLY B ONE !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts