Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fletcher key for Fergie

Darren Fletcher made his comeback from injury in Manchester United's comfortable 4-1 FA Cup semi-final win over Newcastle United and has earned a glowing endorsement from Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Scotland international is one of his manager's personal favourites and looks certain to start Wednesday's live Sky Sports clash at Everton.
Although looking sharp against a beaten Magpies side, Fletcher will probably be a little embarrassed by Ferguson's kind words in the wake of the Millennium Stadium success.
"People look at Darren as an up-and-coming young player but they do not understand how important he is to our team," stated the United chief.
"He has been missing for eight weeks and, during that time, our results have altered and we have lost the midfield dominance we were enjoying.
"I couldn't get him off the bench quick enough yesterday and, once we got him there, I couldn't wait to give him some football again."
The 21-year-old is already looking to cement a starting spot for the final against Arsenal after playing against Millwall in Cardiff last year.
"I am just glad to be back," he said after recovering from the Achilles problem he suffered in the derby defeat of Manchester City.
"Hopefully I can get some league games under my belt and try and get in the side for the final.
"I want a second winner's medal. That's my aim.
"It gives us something to look forward to at the end of the season.
"For my part, I am just trying to establish myself in each game.
"This is a great team with great players and you are learning all the time."
Fletcher will be desperate to have an injury-free end to the campaign as he bids to continue making an impact at Old Trafford.

source: http://skysports.planetfootball.com

Good to see that Fergie counts on him and I believe that Fletch will be one of the main figures in the battle for the second place...

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
a good player certainly, and always useful to have. glad he played instead of p. neville on sunday, and im assuming that trend will continue

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Fletch is definatly the best player we have to partner Scholesy and Keano in our three man midfield. Fortune, Phil, Klebbers and O'Shea are a step behind.

However...

We need a player like (A. Pirlo, B. Gerrard, C. Essien, D. Xabi Alonso) in order to start winning trophies.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Quite simply - he is nothing more thn a squad player - if we rely on the likes of fletch to get us back on the same level as chelsea - it is a lost cause

1 - 5 of 5 Posts