Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel, that I being the only Pole in xtartime am at least entitled to share with you guys the final standings in my league, so here they are:

POLONIA WARSZAWA 30 65 20 5 5 56 25
WIS£A KRAKÓW 30 56 16 8 6 64 38
RUCH CHORZÓW 30 55 15 10 5 53 32
LEGIA WARSZAWA 30 52 14 10 6 52 34
ZAG£ÊBIE LUBIN 30 45 12 9 9 33 38
AMICA WRONKI 30 44 11 11 8 43 37
WIDZEW £ÓD� 30 40 11 7 12 49 55
ODRA WODZIS£AW 30 37 10 7 13 34 38
RUCH RADZIONKÓW 30 37 11 4 15 38 49
HALEX OLSZTYN 30 37 8 13 9 33 63
GROCLIN/DYSKOBOLIA GRODZISK WLKP. 30 36 11 3 16 29 46
POGOÑ SZCZECIN 30 34 8 10 12 42 53
PETRO P£OCK 30 34 9 7 14 35 48
GÓRNIK ZABRZE 30 32 8 8 14 42 41
£KS £ÓD� 30 28 7 7 16 28 42
LECH POZNAÑ 30 25 6 7 17 34 57

And Immediately I would like to clear some things up:
- Polonia - the big shock, no one thought they coul do it, but great managing and it happened! WOW! Only their second title in history!
- Ruch Chorzow - the winner of autumn, Had some bad luck and the fuc*kers from Krakow just nipped them today of the silver :(
- Legia Warsaw - the big favorites and the big flop! Boy am I happY! :) My most hated team, but in all honesty they and Wisla have the biggest potential.
- Lech Poznan - unfortunately this is my team in Poalnd. Although I love only Real Madrid, well I live 500 meters from Lech's stadium so I have to be a bit of a fan, don't I? Unfortunately sad days have come, but what makes me happy is there was 12000 people today in their last game with the crappiest team...
- Groclin Grodzisk Wlkp. - the name sais it all folks. This is a tiny club in a tiny town, but with awesome heart. They set the most amaznig record this year - just listen to this. After autumn and 15 games thye actually had 5 points. The second worst team was like miles away with 16! And all of a sudden they put toether a run of 8 straight games won and 10 out of 11! Incredible huh!/? And for a town of 10000 people?! Jesus! What money can do in football ;) and I'm not being sarcastic now :(

Anyway that's the "great" polish league in a tiny pil :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hehe, Widzew is down similarly to the team they met the previous summer in the CL qualifications (Litex :) ).
And the news about Polonia came here some days ago also stating that this is quite a surprize, but they sure made a great season (at least that's what our press insists). I'm sorry for your team, Labas, but don't give up!
Who was the top goal scorer of the league?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Widzew were really lucky, because they were on the brink of joining my team after autumn. Unforttunatelt they got it together and we didn't :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Anyway Polonia really played an excellent season and they deserved the title. And the top goalscorer was Adam Kompala from Gornik Zabrze - something like J.F. Hasselbaink from Atleico :) :) :) ;) hehe anyway he scored most of them from the spot so it doesn't count 19 goals, I think.

And players, who are likely to move abroad are Maciej Murawski of Legia Warsaw - absolutely outstanding season. Don't know where, although Amoroso suggested Bordeaux, Marseille and PAOK. Besides that it's pretty quiet here with transfer news. It'll get hot come Autumn again.

P

·
0 Posts
Hey Labas,

You're not the only Pole on this board. I live in Canada now but was born in Warsaw and am a fan of Polish Soccer. Do you think Polonia can do well in Europe?

·
International
9,682 Posts
Well, we lost Dennis after one and a half year.
He went to Steaua for $ 400.000. But, after the move to Valencia, we got 40% of the money Steaua received, that's $ 800.000. Accumulated, we've got $ 1,2 mil. for him. And what we had dome with them? Spent it all on the stadium facilities improvements. No wonder that we've got the best pitch in the country. Also that year we sold Butoiu for half a milion $ to Standard Liege.

Now we had got several good young player but Stere (MC) and Iliuciuc (GK) were bought by Dinamo and Negru (FC) by Craiova. If Dinamo plays Levski in the CL, I'm pretty sure you'll see Stere. But I hate him! Why? His transfer to Dinamo was arranged from December '99 and for the rest of the season all he had done was to think about Dinamo. He completely forgot about Farul and he is not loved anymore here; Dennis and Hagi didn't forgot from where they left, but it seems that Stere did.

FORZA FARUL!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey polsihscoccer! It's great to meet a countryman here! So, why are you in Canada? A tak w ogole to umiesz po polsku, czy jestes tylko emigrantem z ktoregos pokolenia? I na ile interesujesz sie polska pilka, aby moc na jej temat dyskutowac?:)

HALA POLSKA!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts