Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had a cocktail with english lawyers and one of them was a big fan of Chelsea and he said that the sole player which he wants to see at Chelsea is Shevchenko :proud: Also we agreed that in the final will be Chelsea and Milan. But he is afraid of going to Istanbul...evidently englishmen didn't forget Lids's trip to Istanbul.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Its way too early and we havent reached teh semis yet ... even! We dont nee to be so cocky you know. I mean, take a look at the website of AC today.

Let me give you few examples:

Leading Title: "Small Advantage"
Galliani: "Milan and Inter are balanced"
Galliani: Not won antything yet"

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Besides ... I believe Bayern have a pretty decent chance to go thru. It will be hell for Chelsea in Olympia “Station”, it will be strange game there, it wont be football but sth else. So I am not sure how would they react to it ...

Also, lets not forget that the most suited opponent for CL final for Milan (well, for ANY team really, when you look at the record books) is Juve by far. :D And they might still make it against this incredibly strong, solid and close to be a genius of a team, Liverpool. :D:D:D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
bono said:
Its way too early and we havent reached teh semis yet ... even! We dont nee to be so cocky you know. I mean, take a look at the website of AC today.

Let me give you few examples:

Leading Title: "Small Advantage"
Galliani: "Milan and Inter are balanced"
Galliani: Not won antything yet"
:thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Not personal attack but...

I really hate to see Rossoneri claiming that we are through or Milan-Chelsea or start talking about PSV/Lyon are weak bla bla bla. :wallbang:

IMO It's a DISRESPECTFUL, arrogant and immature act.

Inter is far from over. Who could forget the Martins goal or the kallon horror :scared: ? Inter is also a great team with great tradition. It'll take tremendous effort by our team to withstand their pressure in the return leg. Though I have full faith and support for Milan :devil: , I remain 50/50 about the chance we go through this round. After all, it's a derby, the mother of all games! :thmbup:

i understand outsiders like Jern would claim 'Milan crushes Inter' bla bla bla, but I can't imagine a Milanista would underestimate our cugini like that. :rollani:

Even the name of this thread would soon become an excuse for interista/juventini to claim that we are cocky. i suggest to ignore the thread so as to push it away from the first page of our forum.

p.s.
Chelsea aren't through yet, Bayern usually performs;) when they're underestimated. Wait and see.

·
Registered
17,649 Posts
Well i understand it may be a petty inconvenience for Milanisti, but you first have to beat Inter and then the winner of PSV-Lyon to get to the final first.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Nero said:
Well i understand it may a petty inconvenience for Milanisti, but you first have to beat Inter and then the winner of PSV-Lyon to get the final first.
Absolutely

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The Deportivo lesson last season has not been forgotten. Thank Godness. This helps explain the lack of arrogance, confidence and 'breathing room' mentality among Milan. We watched a 4-1 lead go down the tubes....2-0 could be wiped out in no time. Which is why they are treating the return leg like it is 0-0.
Chelsea should also stay alert..besides taking 2 hits against Bayern they may have to face Juve...they think that is a walk in the park?? GOOD LUCK JOSE...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed in Football, so we shouldn't take anything for granted. Anything can happen in the UCL.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Nero said:
Well i understand it may a petty inconvenience for Milanisti, but you first have to beat Inter and then the winner of PSV-Lyon to get the final first.
Totally agree. Milan have a slight advantage at half-time of the Euroderby, not having given up any away goals, but that's all. We're far from through. We still have 90 minutes to play. Plus time added on. :D

As for the other side, Chelsea and their drama queen had better not book their plane tickets yet. Bayern were missing their two strikers and still scored two goals. It ain't over.

I never count Juve out, not against Liverpool (2-1 is nothing) and not against Chelsea/Bayern either.

·
Registered
498 Posts
One name: Juventus. :thumbsup:

They deserve MUCH MORE respect, I don't understand why some people already count them out while they are so much alive and kicking.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Let's concentrate on it game by game! For now we have to maintain the momentum in the Serie A and then deal with Inter in the 2nd leg. We have an advantage but we still have to work on it. I'm not looking beyond the 2nd leg for now. The trip is still longer than it seems! This is just the beginning of the pressure times.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Milan will be in Istanbul, write it down. Recently we've stuttered because in the past fate has been a bitch to us, but we will win this time, even if it's not pretty.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
just looking back to 2003 i must say you guys rode your luck

You beat Ajax who were going through right up till the 90th minute
You beat Inter on Away goals (a technicality)
You beat a Nedvedless Juventus on penalties

These are 3 very very strong situations, when an inch here or there could have ended your triumph

Had the Ajax defense been more alert?
Had Uefa discounted away goals in a derby in the same stadium?
Had Kallon scored?
Had Nedved play in the final?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
As an Inter fan, i am upset Deportivo beat you 4-0 at the riazor...it would have meant more dangerous arrogance on your behalf in the derby

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
001 said:
just looking back to 2003 i must say you guys rode your luck

You beat Ajax who were going through right up till the 90th minute
You beat Inter on Away goals (a technicality)
You beat a Nedvedless Juventus on penalties

These are 3 very very strong situations, when an inch here or there could have ended your triumph

Had the Ajax defense been more alert?
Had Uefa discounted away goals in a derby in the same stadium?
Had Kallon scored?
Had Nedved play in the final?
They also beat Slovan Liberec on away goals in the qualifiers. :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts