1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you all know this, but..
The situation couldn't be more thrilling:

Assuming Lazio win,

if we beat Perugia we win the Scudetto. :)

if we draw, there will be a playoff (though we'll win it). :(

if we lose we get pipped big time. :(

F

·
0 Posts
The final day will become a moot point. First, we will win, 4-1. Goals from Pippo, Alex, Darko and Edgar. Lazio will lose 2-1 with the winning goal off a free kick from Pirlo.

Z

·
0 Posts
I assume that Perugia will play very defensively, with a lot of men back behind the ball. They will settle for a draw if they have to but will also try to hit us on the counterattack to sneak away with a 1 - 0 victory.

Attack has not been our strong point this year, so the best strategy for Juventus is to press forward and try to score early. That will make Perugia come out and play.

Now that del Piero has finally put one in (although I think it's not yet clear whether he's really "back" as a goalscorer - I hope so), maybe Inzaghi will get one to settle his nerves.

I think we can assume that no referee would dare call a penalty in favor of Juventus this week; in fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if a controversial call goes against us. Juventus should therefore try to win this one by so much that calls by referees (one way or the other) do not determine the outcome of the game.

Any thoughts about strategy from anyone?

Zen9

[This message has been edited by Zen9 (edited 09-05-2000).]

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I would say have to say JUVE/INTER/LAZIO/PARMA/ROMA/MILAN all have something at stake..need a win..
Perugia/Cagliari/Reggina/Lecce/verona/udinese

The teams set to play them should not be underestimated they will all come out to win..What they have left to play for is pride..
Anyone agree..

------------------
*<< FORZA INTER >>*

Z

·
0 Posts
Not completely.

Udinese and perhaps Verona still have European ambitions for next year.

Zen9

1 - 6 of 6 Posts