Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as most of you know by now, the rumour has it...Salas and Stankovic (& De la Pena) as exchange for Figo..

Ok, how much I like Figo, this is my negative point about it all...

First, we will loose Stankovic, and thats NOT an option in my opinion!!!

And why get Zenden then???

And if Lazio keeps going on like this...they will wreck all these topplayers, by putting them on the bench alot, these players need to play whenever they can, and I keep saying it, Almeyda made the right and most understandable decision by wanting to play as much as possible, and now in Lazio, he wouldnt have gotten that chance.

This is my opinion!

J

·
0 Posts
My opinion is: please Sergio, buy Figo! We would lose Salas (but I consider him already lost), and a sub for the best right wing of the world. Think about this:
Figo-Veron-Baronio(Simeone)-Nedved
Would simply be the best midfield never seen.
Zenden will be in the starting 11 because Figo will remain in Barca but also if Luis will come we have paid him 24 billions lira or something like, that, today, for a good and young player isn't much.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
The best midfield I've ever seen in club football was Barca last year before Enrique's injury. At some point I saw a game with:

________________Rivaldo_________________

Enrique______Cocu____Guardiola______Figo

...with Rivaldo floating around and Kluivert as the target man on top.

They won that game 4-0 I think and it was just simply breattaking. It was also that midfield combo which totally destroyed Fiorentina at Camp Nou in CL.

Ciao.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Yeah, it seems to me that you are Barca or Netherlands or something fan. Wonder why... ;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Glen it depends on whether or not you call Rivaldo a midfielder - to me he´s to offensiv to be a midfielder.

Zenden ___ Nedved ___ Veron ___ Simeone ___ Figo

Must be the best midfield ever.

Glen, Eriksson consideres Veron a player that should be just infront of the defence and Simeone himself says he will play sweeper maybe this season maybe the next. Nedved and Figo can be at any place at any time in any game and Zenden is a speeding bullet on the left wing.

I´m sure Lazio will never field a team like this because honestly I can´t see us buying another " first 11 " player - a bench is needed and Stankovic is a very versatile bench player still.

I understand that we need to get rid of Salas because he´ll never accept the bench - but really should we get rid of Salas ?? he came for 16$ and that´s cheap these days :) oh well it´s to early to say.

Lazio In my opinion needed 3 new players for next season 1) Left wing that would allow Nedved to go central or just to relive him when he needed the rest 2) Powerful striker 3) a quality defender on either the wing or central.

Cragnotti took our right wing and exchanged it for a semi right wing ?? took our entire attack and replaced it and took our defensiv midfielder and replaced him with a semi defensiv playmaker ?? :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Svennis; I never intended to say that Lazio could not possibly get a midfield as good as the one I saw Barca have for some matches last season. I don't even know if it was that succesfull afterall, but I just said that for a couple of matches it was simply sublime. I've never seen more beautifull football.

Rivaldo is a forward, but when his head is right he does help the defense too. Zidane plays the same role with France, while he defends more at Juve. It's a matter of strategy.

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
no way veron would go this year. if he leaves, who is going to take his place? veron is my favorite in the world and i dont think i want him anywhere else besides lazio. he is a perfect match for this team.

but if the stankovic and salas and de la pena deal goes through i would be living a dream.

when people say name the starting 11 allstars for the world, we would refer lazio as it. hehe :) im so happy if cragnotti can bring figo here. just one year, thats it. i want to see our midfield and forwards include some of the best in the world.

FORZA VERON!
FORZA LAZIO!!

S

·
0 Posts
Figo all the way!

I really really REALLY hope Lazio gets Figo.

He IS the missing key!

And, although I like Stankovic and Salas, they seem to be losing some touch (especially Stankovic).

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
I think Figo will be very good for Lazio! But a tactical headache.....
if we'll play with 4 Midfielders, the most logical thing to do is:
Nedved on Right, Zenden on left and Veron and Figo on the Middle.
We are creating distance from the other clubs guys! We're gonna make it again!
We are the best team in The World at the Moment!

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
No Laziali All The Way! It should be:
Zenden - Nedved - Veron - Figo
Zenden on the left, Figo is very dangerous when he play on the right wing then move to the centre.
Nedved is more effective when he play on the middle.
But this is an unbalanced team, we need a defensive midfielder, such as Simeone or Baronio (I'm not so sure about his position, but he used to play as a defensive midfielder).

Don't give me wrong, I like Figo, Like anyone else in this world, please tell me, who doesn't want Luis Figo in his team?? But I don't like the idea by getting him from Barca. We've lost 2 players and large amount of money to get Crespo from Parma.
Then we letting Barca to get Salas (I don't mind, it's better than put him on the bench!) and Stankovic (NOT this guy, he's our future). Let see 3 or 4 years from now, trio Baronio, Stankovic and Fiore will be one in Italy :)

Again, we've got enough player.. We're getting Zenden (good deal!!). Next season, we'll get both Udinese's duo (Fiore and Giannichedda), but we might lose Veron to Real Madrid.
I can say that we've got a great squad now, we don't need more player.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
It'll be a cold day in hell before Figo comes to Lazio. Listen!!!, Figo is going to Real Madrid!!!. Let me put it this way, thers 2 chances of Figo coming to Lazio, slim and none. Wake up! that's just a dream.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Loco, the only way Figo will come to Lazio will be through
Madrid. If Perez loses the elections (unlikely) than you can expect Figo. His days in barca are over, too many upset members. If he lands in Italy (lazio) it maybe at the expense of Veron(madrid) The way that I see it Real Madrid will have a major impact on both the spanish and italian leagues next season

P

·
0 Posts
No please don't get Figo. I don't want more players. I can't believe we are buying so many players.

I thought we should have "minor changes" this year. Please stop the buying now, this year we really need to win everything. Everything except the tripple would be a failure!

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Figo is a very outstanding player. There's no doubt about it. It would be great to have Figo in the team, but, do you think it's gonna be a wise move to buy him from Barca? We've bought a lot of new players, lost some of the best players we had, and threw away lots of money.
Enough is enough.

T

·
0 Posts
After winning the scudetto Cragnotti promised to build a soccer dynasty..

So lets just kickback relax and enjoy .. :)

About Figo, it will be difficult to get him
we offered over 50 million by the start of Euro 2000 but Carca said pay the double around 116 million and you can have him..
see how these idiots are trying to make of Cragnotti a fool..

wish when the 2 teams will meet in one month i think we will kick some Barca a$$ ;)
But i dont think the argentinians will be available..

If someone can get Figo its Cragnotti.. :D

[Edited by TrAnCeR on 14-07-2000 at 13:09]

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
Pierre, i agree with you. It's just that Figo and Nedved are eligible to play in several positions. I agree Figo is 3 times deadlier on the side, and Nedved can play in the Middle just as good as on the side. Zenden and Veron are limited and therefore you're right. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts