Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figo lifts lid on move to 'bigger' Real

If we lift the cup in glasgow, it will send chills down the spine of all barca fans, to witness Figo lifting the cup in the whites of Real!

Wednesday 8th May 2002

Real Madrid midfielder Luis Figo has finally broken his silence on the reasons behind his move from Barcelona, claiming that Real are simply a bigger club who treat him better.

Figo joined Real from their arch-rivals in a £42 million deal in summer 2000, but he had always remained coy about the reasons behind the move. On Wednesday though, he launched an astonishing attack on his former club, apparently blaming president Joan Gaspart for his departure.

"Why did I leave Barcelona?" he asked "Maybe you should ask Gaspart. I must outline that I joined Real because it is more prestigious, treats me better gives me more money and gives me the chance to play is such games as the Champions' League final.

"Real Madrid are used to playing in that kind of game, and it's easier to reach the final if you play for Real.

"These past two seasons have been great for me both privately and in a professional sense as well. I am now a happy person, because I have won a lot of titles, and Real have given me the chance of winning a title I haven't yet won - the Champions' League."

Real face Bayer Leverkusen in the final next Wednesday, and Figo admitted that victory would be the pinnacle of his club career so far.

"Even reaching the final is prestigious for me, and a reason to be happy already."

Figo, though, is far from certain to start the final, after suffering an ankle injury.

"I am not a fortune-teller, but I just hope pain won't appear again in Glasgow," he said. "That's all I ask for."
:D

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Tell us something we dont know :D

Its even more obvious to me that he left for the money now, but iam sure he has realised that he did the right thing on a sporting level as well :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Pooor Figo

One thing amaze me about this fabrication he say that now when things are settled already so beware Madrid Fans if anyone comes and want to buy him withmore money and give him a better deal you will loose him.

I going to cheer for Bayer leverkusen in the final and aplause every damn tackle they do on Real players. and to all the glory hunters who flock around the club like flies around a carcases they are gone when your club are less sucessful.

Seeya next season again.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Don't be Babies. Of course he left for money.

I'll declare my bias right off the top, I'm Portuguese and a huge Figo supporter, but I will admit that the way he left Barca could have been classier. NOT because he left for money. It's just a shame that he felt he had to reassure Barca fans over and over that he was not leaving, when it appears that negotiations for the move were ongoing. But you know what, if you haven't been in his situation you don't have a right to condemn the guy. Can any of you say you would stay in a particular job out of loyalty if another employer offered you much better money and working conditions? Of course not. So grow up and stop condemning the guy for looking out for himself.

What do you expect from professional sport? The talent follows the money. You cheer for your league team when usually more than half the players have nothing to do with the community they play for. I like watching league play because you see some good games, but I don't get emotionally involved in anything but the National Team games. Bring on the World Cup.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Re: Pooor Figo

Matte said:

and to all the glory hunters who flock around the club like flies around a carcases they are gone when your club are less sucessful.
I think you need to work on your metaphores, among many other things like politeness and intelligence.

Tinto, who are you calling babies, i dont see anyone who dont think he left for the money :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree with matte.

Attachments

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
J.U.D.A.S

:D:D:D:D:D:tongue::howler::dielaugh:

P.S. Sorry, but couldn't help...it was way too funny...:D:D:D:D:tongue::howler:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
And Zidane left Juventus because the food is better in Madrid?:howler:

Hey SanSiro, I hear they stripped you of your status here. Doesn't surprise me a single bit!:howler: :howler: :D :D :eek: :eek: :lala: :lala: :excited: :excited: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass:

By the way, what ever happened to _rui_costa from Lisbon. Everyone LISTEN UP!!!!! I challenged _rui_costa from Lisbon to a chat just to see if he's Portuguese and he hasn't been seen since!!!!:howler: :howler: :howler: :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SanSiro_1, I'm not the only one who thinks you're obsessed with Figo. I had 2 posters PM me last week telling me that they understand what's happening and agreed that you ARE Figo obsessed and advised me to cool it. :howler: :howler: :howler:

I checked the history of your posts lately and it seems the only time you're interested in Real Madrid is when it has to do with Figo. That's fine, I too think he's one heck of a player.

C'mon _rui_costa!! Come out, come out where ever you are!!:lala: :lala: :howler:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Fee-Go, :kiss: :tongue::howler::dielaugh::tongue::D
you simply made my day!!!!:happy::tongue::howler::dielaugh: Keep it up dude!From time to time, i need a little laugh, and you've always been great for providing my daily dose of laugh...;):D:D:tongue:

I was just sure that you would react this way...and boy, what an hilarious way to react!!!:dielaugh::howler::tongue::D

FORZA FEE-GO!!!:star::cool::tongue::howler::dielaugh:;):D:D

Hey Fee-Go, do you have MSN? I'd LOVE to chat with you one of these days...;):D:tongue::howler:

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Guys, do us a favor and shut up. The mods should do us all a favor and just keep on deleting your posts. They're ery boring, you know?:irritate:

Figo's being honest, and that's what hurts Puta fans. He realized he's never gonna achieve anything playing in a 2nd league club, so he moved on... who can blame him?:D

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Re: Pooor Figo

Matte said:
One thing amaze me about this fabrication he say that now when things are settled already so beware Madrid Fans if anyone comes and want to buy him withmore money and give him a better deal you will loose him.

I going to cheer for Bayer leverkusen in the final and aplause every damn tackle they do on Real players. and to all the glory hunters who flock around the club like flies around a carcases they are gone when your club are less sucessful.

Seeya next season again.
Comments from a fan of a second rate team. What do you expect. Come over to our side and support a real team!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Mickemouse,

I wasn't saying you didn't know, (though you do say, "now it's even more obvious"), I was using the title "Crybabies" for anyone who complains about his having left for money. They're hypocrites.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Re: Pooor Figo

Mendieta said:

Comments from a fan of a second rate team. What do you expect. Come over to our side and support a real team!
Nah who wants a poser like that over here. It would be better if he stays with those embittered Bar$a fools. :D

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
He did leave for the money.

I wonder how many of you who actually has full-time jobs wouldn't leave for a better paying job either? :rolleyes:

Would i hate it if a Madridsta did it? hell yeah! but would i be surprised? no. In the end, the guy wants to make more money and thats his right.

and Fee-Go, I have asked you kindly to stop it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Figo is the man he dont give a sh.it about barca or madrid he only cares about playing for portugal. Do you guys really think any of these soccer players care about what team they play for :dontcare: there all in it for the money:greed: the only time they play with the real heart is when they play for there national team. San siro you are one hurting project. Zidane is not even one third of the player figo is. So let it go and stop comparing the 2 of them.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kijj said:
Do you guys really think any of these soccer players care about what team they play for :dontcare: there all in it for the money:greed: the only time they play with the real heart is when they play for there national team.
very cycnical! If I believed that to be true I would never watch club football. I think other people would feel the same way.

I agree that football offers the means for a better life, but these guys have worked and trained their whole lifes and to be recognised as the top handful of players in the world, than to easily dismiss the ambitions and heart to greed. I find unquestonable cycnical!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
kijj said:
...Do you guys really think any of these soccer players care about what team they play for...
I do! Our latest examples include players like Sanchis who've just retired and Hierro, our present captain. You'd be surprise how much he earns compared to the others!! :star: :proud:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fee-Go said:
And Zidane left Juventus because the food is better in Madrid?:howler:

Hey SanSiro, I hear they stripped you of your status here. Doesn't surprise me a single bit!:howler: :howler: :D :D :eek: :eek: :lala: :lala: :excited: :excited: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass:

By the way, what ever happened to _rui_costa from Lisbon. Everyone LISTEN UP!!!!! I challenged _rui_costa from Lisbon to a chat just to see if he's Portuguese and he hasn't been seen since!!!!:howler: :howler: :howler: :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SanSiro_1, I'm not the only one who thinks you're obsessed with Figo. I had 2 posters PM me last week telling me that they understand what's happening and agreed that you ARE Figo obsessed and advised me to cool it. :howler: :howler: :howler:

I checked the history of your posts lately and it seems the only time you're interested in Real Madrid is when it has to do with Figo. That's fine, I too think he's one heck of a player.

C'mon _rui_costa!! Come out, come out where ever you are!!:lala: :lala: :howler:

Geezz, what a complete idiot this guy is!!! I'm really amazed.... Men, the only thing I did was posting something that was obvious to anybody which was that Figo played terrible against Barcelona and the next thing this guy comes over and starts playing that I'm San Siro over and over again despite me and the mods saying that I'm not. Really what the f*ck this guy is???? One thing for sure: Or he's a complete maniac depressive paranoid retarded asshoul obcessed with Figo or he is just another gay falling in love with Figo and his d*ck
Well I hope somebody do something about this guy real quick because he's just in state that he calls San Siro to anybody with less than 20 posts who posts anything negative about Figo. With the world cup few days away I don't even want to think about the show this guy is going to take here...
And just to make sure, I like more Figo than Zidane because as I said before when these 2 are both are their best, Figo are wayyy too amazing and spectacular than Zidane. One game who shows this is the game last year when RM won the title which Figo played an unbeliavable game! There were another ones but this one was some piece of show skill.
Figo isn't playing good this season and maybe that relates to the need of great ball possession he needs to have through the game as also Zidane... but that's just my opinion.

As to you Fee-Go here it goes:
Olá Fee-Go! Olha, escuta bem o que eu te digo: Eu estou me a foder para as tuas desavenças ou mariquices ali com o San Siro até ao momento em que me metes na conversa. Já te avisei que não sou o San Siro e tu continuas a bater na mesma tecla e já andas a passar da linha. Se queres conversar dá o teu ICQ# e a gente conversa ali um pouco se quiseres, quem sabe talvez tb sobre os teus problemas, hmm?
Vê se te acalmas um pouco com a porcaria de defender o Figo para aqui e defender o Figo para acolá pq realmente não há muito que dizer quando ele não está a jogar no melhor dele como é o caso agora, entendes???

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Muito obrigado _ruicosta_!:):cool::star::star:
That's all i have to say. :):happy:

P.S. What's up Fee-Go?;) I need a good laugh man, so don't dissapoint me!:)

:D:tongue::howler::dielaugh::tongue::howler::tongue:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts