Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.worldsoccernews.com has it that Figo's transfer to Real Madrid is in the works. They say that Real is offering 40 million pounds for the player.

I sure hope that Figo stays at Barca. He's such a good player; I would hate to see him at Madrid and have to root against him.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From http://www.eurofootball.com. Tuesday 15.47

"Luis Figo will sign for Real Madrid – and on Wednesday he will be presented as Real’s new star. Real Madrid’s new president Florentino Pérez told Spanish newspaper “as”: “I’ve ordered Figo not to talk to the media until Wednesday, when he will be presented at a press conference.”

Luis Figo was one of the biggest stars at Euro 2000 and the Portuguese player has been linked to several clubs – among them Lazio.

Now Figo is set to continue his Spanish adventure and leaves Barcelona for the other giant in Spain, Real Madrid.

During Monday Figo visited his close friend and fellow countryman Paulo Futre in Portugal to prepare for the big presentation in Madrid.

Figo also arranged the last details in the contract together with Florentino Pérez.

Real Madrid’s vice president Fernando Fernandez Tapias, one of the richest men in Spain, also confirmed that Figo should be signing the contract with the club.

The deal is controversial since Figo, together with Guardiola, are the symbols of Barcelona.

The question now is how the Real Madrid fans will react to the transfer, since Figo had earlier said that he would never play for the club – and that he feels as though he is a Catalonian."

My comment: If Figo is signing for Real (just that makes me dream nightmares) he could do it in a lot better way. He could have told us the truth ("I will leave...), he could´ve shut up ("----") but now he seems to have promised, as late as last week, that he loved Barca and would definitely not move, no matter who won the election at Real.

So IF he now moves, he has lied to the fans of our beloved Barca, the fans who loved him so much, in a way that doesn´t need any more comments.

BUT, at the other hand, I´ve also learned that much of the news published nowadays, are nothing but rubbish. We´ll see tomorrow.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Well it seems to be ongoing maybe Figo wants to see who will become president of Barce but i very much doubt he will go to real

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Unfortunately,here in BCN at 19:00 on Tuesday all sources seem to indicate that Figo is indeed on his way to Madrid. There is even a private plane on hand near his holiday place in La Cerdenya ready to whisk him away into the arms of Florentino (what a name, by the way!).
I only hope all these sources are wrong.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I still can't believe and don't want to believe, I'll wait until everything is official, but if this is true, I think Figo is very stupid, he could have acted in a lot of other ways which the fans wouldn't be mad. If he leaves Barca in such a way, he'll lose all the fans, maybe both Barca and Real.

However, I'll still stand for him, as long as he's still a Barca player NOW, don't know what will happen later...:mad:

I can't believe he will go to Real right now, at least he should wait for the new president of Barca. I doubt...:confused:

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
If Figo leaves, I will be in a period of mourning. Especially if he joins Madrid. If he joins, I will definitely be back in Camp Nou to spit on him when Madrid comes to play. And I'll tell you why. Because if he leaves, then all the things he has been saying about not leaving Barca were only to cover his back if Perez doesn't win. I hope he doesn't leave, but if he does i will curse him. Don't judge me badly, my emotions are out of control.

·
Registered
258 Posts
How can anyone be still expecting Figo to stay at Barça?
The guy has even already said farewell to his friends in the first squad telling them that joining Real Madrid is a must. Actually Figo is taking the Mickey out of everyone in Barcelona.
Today he has met Paulo Futre in Cerdeña setting that he ´ll be presented as Real Madrid player this very weekend. You can always keep on dreaming... in the meantime we wil be making the most of your mercenaries.
Get ready to a new era¡¡

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Reports have Veiga, figo's agent trying to get out of his deal. To get out he will have to pay Perez about $25million as was stipulated in the agreement they had. Now Veiga is trying to get that amount down to about $9 million, which Perez might except because this is the amount that he would have to pay for season tickets he promised Mierdid fans if Figo did not come. The worst, most sickening thing of all is that Veiga wants Barca to pay this money. That is paying money for a player you already own. We would basically be paying for the madridistas to watch their team play this season. THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN!!! Que Figo se vaya ya! You have already embarassed this club enough and everything you said was just to cover your back. We'll take the money and you can leave.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Greedy!!

It appears the Figo is bound for Madrid and Zidane will soon be on his way.
Have a good day! :p

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Is it possible to play Figo and Zidane in the same team?
How can Real Madrid afford these two players(if it's true). I know they are one of the worlds richest clubs but I heard they were in debt so how can they afford them? But then again how did Lazio afford all their purchases, we are not nearly the worlds richest.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ah, Figo is staying and i believe him he is on holiday and has told everybody he is staying he will not leave Barce he is not going to assure the fans everyday but we should just believe.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
It's very simple guys: Figo tried to play a double game and it backfired. He wanted to get his contract reviewed and stay in Barca, well, Nunez wouldn't even hear of that. Figo and Veiga thought that in negotiationg with Real Madrid they would put pressure in the middle of the Barca elections and they could get more money from the administration. I don't think they were expecting for Florentino to get elected for that matter, they just wanted to use him as leverage. Now they've found themselves in the middle of sh**it.

If you can speak spanish, go and read El Mundo Deportivo of today's (Barca affiliated press).

He has three options : a) go to Real Madrid, b) stay in Barca and pay the 5.000 mil. ptas. clause or c) fire Veiga and go to court (Veiga is 100% authorized by the player to handle his business matters)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think option C is the best.
Next best one: option D: commit suicide.

Figo is a dirty bastard if he did this. CM, I love Figo at Barça, but if he goes I would probably be standing next to you in Camp Nou if I had the opportunity....

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Figo has gotten what he deserved, his twisted plan has blown up in his face. I think though, it may have mainly been Veiga's plan. Mundo Deportivo is reporting that Figo may separate from Veiga because of this. I guess the last thing he thought would happen was that Perez would get elected. But, how can someone be so horrible to use our biggest rival as leverage to get more money. I know, it's business, but i feel that the only color that some people really feel is GREEN!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I said Figo should fire his manager after he couldn't get him a better salary than Kluivert one year after Kluivert signed. And now this??? Figo should really get rid of this incompetent loser of a Veiga.... He's the worst manager I've ever seen. By far.

·
Registered
405 Posts
CM and Dutch, I want to stand next to u on 22th of Oct...

If he wants to get a better salary, why don't he get a better manager first???

I hope all our guesses are not true!!!

He should pay the fee or commit suicide rather than going to Real. (Sorry for being too emotional, but I can't control myself in these days, everything is not getting well and becomes worse and worse.)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Guys, get serious here! Like Figo didn't know and CONSENT to what Veiga was doing... yeah, right! He is sweating now because he is the one who feels the pressure, not Veiga.

Figo the innocent victim, yeah, right! Or have you forgotten the way he was transferred to Barca from Sporting? The guy has his ways and he's using them again!!!

And if Florentino wouldn't have gotten elected he'd be now very happy, with a clear consience and a bigger salary from your next president! (so much for guilt)

[Edited by hala on 20-07-2000 at 17:50]

·
Registered
964 Posts
Thats good maybe Gaspart has his wires connected and he will realise that he should kick all those Dutch boys out of here.
Gaspart has a plan
and we will see who gets the best player in the world.
Viva Figo
Viva Barce
and Viva SCP for producing the best player ever.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The Dutch guys can't help being Dutch, Figo can help signing for Madrid. But what has this to do with the Dutch guys? This is about Figo and signing for our biggest enemy. Haven't read the word "Dutch" in that sentence.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts