Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Spanish TV, Florentino Pérez, a candidate for Madriz´s presidency reckons he's got Figo in the bag for when he's president. Just another election promise or wishful thinking by Madrid-biased TV news editors?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Our name is Real Madrid!!!...not something Madriz:(
Second, don't worry, though Figo is GREAT!!!...BUT, we don't need him, and we don't want to give tons of $ to Barca!:D
Third, Perez won't be the new president! OK, not surely, but very likely.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I read in Mundo Deportivo that Perez has said he has Figo all but signed for 10 billion pesetas (50 something million dollars). Jose Veiga Figo's agent has not denied this rumor, neither has Figo but he has made no official statement. Also Perez says he is working to try to get Zidane. He is working hard to be elected, i guess it's not a bad way to go around it. I think Figo is still trying to get a higher wage at Barca, which is personally making me quite mad. Players can't come back every year demanding an increase in salary. Yes he did play good, but you sign a contract and are expected to honor it. I know i sound a little old fashioned in this strictly business world of modern football but i just am getting sick of this. The line has to be drawn somewhere. If he wants to go to Madrid then i would have to say 10-15 billion pesetas would be good enough for me, but i don't think he really wants to go.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Oh Santo Florentino, leave Figo and save our (very few) money for le magique Zidane, oh please.....!!!

I think all this is crap really. If Figo leaves you, I don't think he'll do it for Madrid, why mess himself in a such a situation when there're a couple of italian clubs waiting in line? Pure stupidity if you ask me...

Oh Santo Florentino, leave Figo and save our (very few) money for le magique Zidane, oh please.....!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahaha...

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Real Player. Just a playful little stab at the way Madrid is pronounced in Madrid (perhaps Madrith would be better using English spelling). They don't usually bother with the Real part either (as if Atletico didn't exist).
CM - part of the problem at Barça may be the wage structure. It seems (according to Sport last week) that Litmanen is the highest paid player there at the moment on 8 or 9 hundred million pestas while Figo, Kluivert and company 'only' make just over half that.

·
Registered
964 Posts
REAL are in so much debt that i doubt they would go and by any players.
Why do you think they want to sell Anelka.
Go to soccernet europe they say real own $250 million.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Whoooops... correction on two matters guys:

1. It must be common knowledge in Spain by now that Florentino offered Figo (through his agent Veiga) the byout clause of his contract of 10 bil. ptas. The manager first and the player later both agreed. Figo is said to have signed a pre-contract that will come in effect if Florentino wins the club elections. So, no more doubts on that one, it's even on the Barca affiliated press.

2. It's not Madriz, it's more kind of Madri BERZAS!!! :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Its just bull made up by Figo's agaent and he is most probably just trying to get Figo a better contract.
Figo has already said himself his family like Barce and are settled down.He also said when his next contract expires he will return to SCP.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Roger, I agree. I always knew the wages of Litmanen, Kluivert, and Co. would become an issue with the other stars of the team. My only problem is that Figo signed a contract last year, and we can't be going through this each season. I think that Figo deserves more than either Litmanen or Kluivert but its going to continue to be a problem if those in charge don't put their foot down after this summer. I feel we should give everyone the contracts they want this summer and tell them that is it. I know it won't happen but i wish it would.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The latest news on the Figo affair (according to Catalan teletext)is that he has 2 pre-contracts: one with Lazio and one with Madrid but apparently Florentino Pérez's contract is only verbal

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Why is Figo doing this stuff when he signed only last year?
AFTER Kluivert signed? When he knew what he could get? When a good manager could have arranged a 70000/week deal for him? If Figo wants more money, I have only one advice: get a better manager, but since you have a contract with Barça until 2004, don't annoy me with this stuff. At least not until 2002 or something. Figo deserves more than Kluivert, but it appears to me he deserves a better manager first.

But with SF's system in mind: Figo and Rivaldo don't really fit in well.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts