Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MADRID, April 5 (DS) - Real Madrid Portuguese midfielder Luis Figo admitted that he would rather play against some minor team like Rayo Vallecano at this stage than any of the title contenders.
"I don't know what is worse but I prefer to play against a team lying bottom. They are not so sure of themselves. Well, this is my subjective opinion and maybe Rayo would demonstrate a thrilling game, " Figo told the Spanish newspaper AS.
Figo has already recovered after an injury he picked in the King's Cup final against Deportivo a month ago, but it will keep reminding about itself for a while.
"I will play as much as I can, and I hope the coach will understand me. One can judge about my fitness only after I return to action. I don't regret I played in the King's Cup. The injuries of this type sometimes require surgeries, but I was lucky enough to avoid it," the Best Player of the World of 2001 pointed out.
During his absence from the pitch, Figo followed the games of his teammates. He believes their performance was of a high level, but sometimes they lacked stability in the game -after a good first-half they were obviously relaxing and making mistakes.
The Portuguese star once again expressed his resentment against the offensive remarks of Bayern Munich players after their 2-1 Champions League victory over Real.
If Real beat Bayern and Barcelona beat Panathinaikos, then the two Spanish giants will come together in the Champions League semifinal.
"I am Real player. My time with Barca is already a history," told former Barcelona midfielder.
In the conclusion, Figo opined that though everything is possible until the end of the season, he believes the three teams lying at the top of the table have the best chances to claim the title.

:) It's good to see that he will be back and offer more headaches to our rivals, I think that he should be well rested but a bit rusted but if he get time during Rayo I think he can lead our charge for both Liga & CL!

Hala Figo

·
Registered
112 Posts
Figo is the greatest and will help us win the champs legue and la liga and bring Protugal to win the world cup. :) I hope so at least. but if anyone can do it he can!!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was good to see him back and score on the PK!

We need a healthy figo if we wish to achieve all that we have dreamed!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figo speaks out on Real v Bayern clash

Figo speaks out on Real v Bayern clash
MADRID, April 8 (DS) - Ahead of Wednesday's Champions League showdown against Bayern Munich, Real Madrid star Luis Figo shared his thoughts with AS newspaper.
(Q) Do you think you can play all 90 minutes on the pitch?
(A) I guess so. I felt well on Saturday, but the consequences of the injury are still notable.
(Q) You came as a substitute on Saturday and scored a goal…
(A) I just didn't miss the penalty kick.
(Q) That's true, you haven't missed a single penalty shot this season.
(A) Yes, I was lucky enough. I believe luck plays a big role here.
(Q) What about the tie against Bayern?
(A) We want to make our hinchada happy and reach the semifinals. It is more than just a game for us. We worked very hard to reach here and we must do our best.
(Q) How can you comment the remarks of Bayern skipper Stefan Effenberg?
(A) We heard the same last year. They do it for unsettling us. We will enter the pitch thinking only about the game. Bayern realize how hard it will be for them, that's why they use verbal means.
(Q) What result do you expect?
(A) I'd like to score the only goal just 5 minutes before the time. In this case our rivals won't have time to equalize. Though, if we score an early goal, Bayern will be forced to play on attcks, which they don't like.
(Q) Would you like to meet Barcelona in the final?
(A) I am no afraid of that team and the attitude of Barca fans to me. I respect Barcelona. But they are in a difficult situation, as they need to score 2 goals to reach the semifinals.
(Q) How does it feel to play with Zidane?
(A) It's a great pleasure for me to play alongside with such gifted footballer, and I can learn much from him.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Figo played a good game against Bayern despite being sent off. Too bad for the yellow. He apparetnly was telling the ref that just moments before Effenberg was hit with an object he pushed a ball boy to the ground 'out of his way'. The fans reaction to this was very ugly though.

Y

·
0 Posts
u forget something kijj

to kijj
u forget the uefa super cup...and the intercontinantel:D
ha ha ha ha :D :D

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Re: u forget something kijj

y_RK said:
to kijj
u forget the uefa super cup...and the intercontinantel:D
ha ha ha ha :D :D
HUH:confused:

I dont know how much more of these crap posts by this guy I can take....

As for Figo, maybe its for the best he misses the 1st leg:eek:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yeah! Remember how this took the sting out of the crowd in Camp Nou the last time!! ;)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Re: Re: u forget something kijj

As for Figo, maybe its for the best he misses the 1st leg:eek:
Why? Figo was easily one of the best players on the pitch. He beat 2 Bayern players and gave an inch perfect pass to Morientes in the 26th minute. Again in the 34th minute.

And again in the 54th minute he beat 2 more players to have Raul miss.

His corner kicks were also great except towards the end when that kid kept tugging at his shirt!

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Fee-go I don't doubt that Figo played great, but if you remember this year in Camp Nou. Figo's abscence took away an excuse for the crowd to jeer him which would distract the team I think, and we played great without him too..

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Fee-Go,

We need to play a bit conservative in the first leg anyway, so sending out a formation similar to the last time we met Barca in Liga would be a good choice. We will unlease Figo on them in the second leg, i can see Coco being taken to school already ;)

yRK,

Please post in English as XT rules indicate. No one understands anything you say i am afraid.

Y

·
0 Posts
Ksa and Iran

Vampire Lestat and Kiyan
this two countries are the weakest two countries in english in western Asia or in the middle east....:D

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
..We need to play a bit conservative in the first leg anyway...
Beg to differ. On the contrary, we need some away goals since we don't have a fantastic defense like Valencia..

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Re: Ksa and Iran

y_RK said:
Vampire Lestat and Kiyan
this two countries are the weakest two countries in english in western Asia or in the middle east....:D
Not true. The percentage of English speaking natives in KSA is higher then many European countries, not just Asian.

Would like us to take a head-to-head english challange to settle this? :D

In the end, please write in English because obviously alot of people aren't understanding many of your posts. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Guys, I'll be honest here: I think the game against Bayern was proof that Real is the best team in the world. It was unbelievable. The chemistry was outstanding.

Star of the game: Roberto Carlos!

Y

·
0 Posts
ok Vampire Lestat

i will try....;)
but may be i will leave this site 4 ever....coz some insects here.:d

1 - 17 of 17 Posts