Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was a great idea for Coelho to put Figo in a striker role!!! I've always thought that the national team should try it since we lack that scoring punch!!! What do y'all think???

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
well in my opinion we need figo in midfield not only for his playmaking but also for the amount of goals he scores as a midfielder and if he was to play up front i think he would be another not out and out striker playing up front who wouldnt score as many goals as you expect a proper striker to score. If he wasnt so good in midfield it would be worth a try but i think he is too valuable in midfield.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we go Rui Costa there and he can set it up! Figo can come and help out in the midfield but his # 1 thing would be to score the goals! He played sort of a role like that yesterday and it worked out great so I say give it a go!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would never work guys, Figo is the world's best crosser, he is most lethal from long range, he can take people on, run past players - so to put him a forward's position would totally disable the possibility to do those things.

I know we are desperate for a goal scorer - but who says you have to rely on strikers??

When France won the World Cup, look how many of their goals came from midfield - the likes of Zidane, Petit, Thuram, Blanc all chipped in with goals - we can follow the same example.

You seem to forget we beat Liechtenstein 8-0, Azerbaijan 7-0, whos says we have a scoring problem??? Its just a matter of where they come from!

Just think positive!

Baia throws it out to Secretario, he runs past Steve McManaman, and passes to Rui Costa. Rui Costa lays it to Figo, Figo runs past Martin Keown, he's one-on-one with Seaman! Figo with the dummy, he shoots, GOLO PARA PORTUGAL!!!

PORTUGAL 2
INGLATERRA 1

The Eindhoven crowd are speechless :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good I hope your right, Bro! Maybe we can follow Frances lead!!! Viva Portugal

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Rui Costa said lately that he is tired to hear we dont have any good strikers. I agree with that. We have some nice strikers that all score consistently for their clubs, they just have to prove it internationally. About Figo, I think he would be a good striker but he is an even better midfielder. He creates chances and with him in midfield it will take some marking of our strikers, cos the opposition will fear Figo. Also, it will take pressure of Rui Costa to produce all the playmaking since Figos passing is excellent. This will mean opposition teams must stop BOTH Rui and Figo and we all know that is impossible :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
don't forget that Rui is also the guy that said:

"IF PORTUGAL HAD BATISTUTA WE WOULD BE UNBEATABLE"

not a good thing to say...I don't think that JVP and SAP liked that very much....

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rui is right there is a portuguese saying my mother tells me all the time it goes(excuse my terrible portuguese) Quem diz a Verdade nao e mentiroso! Which translates to who tells the truth is not a liar! If portugal did have Bastituta we would be bada.s.s. None of that crap they are saying fools me Portugal does not have a solid striker although I do like Pauleta

1 - 9 of 9 Posts