Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reals' new president, has delivered his promise, Luis Figo. The Portugese left-winger has signed for Real Madrid. Price, and contract detail, is still unknown,but I will deliver more news shortly.
Other bews:

Saveljic:
Bordeaux-Celtic
Gascoigne:
M'borough-Everton
Barmby:
Everton-liverpool
Zamorano:
Inter-Oviedo

P.S
My fellow Yugoslav, Savo Milosevic will most probably sign for Deportivo La Coruna after his return from vaccation on the first of August, unless Real, put up a staggering offer.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Real Madrid fans waiting for FIGO's arrival tomorrow
Optimists in Madrid are hoping to see Figo soon
but he's not keen on the move and nothing has
been settled yet.

He is going nowhere, even if he leave Barcelona, Lazio will be his first choice :)

·
International
6,519 Posts
I wouldn't be so shure anymore Pierre :(
Figo in Real ?? NONONO
Figo in Lazio ?! UYEAH :)

I hope he won't sign Real after all ...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that ,if he will be sold, Barca would prefer to give him to us than to Real. Isn't like if we would sell Nedved to roma?

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
Are you nuts Jena?! It will strengthen their Rivals!
Giving Figo to Real (Or Nedved to Roma) Is commiting suicide!

Barca would rather sell him to some other team, not spanish, so he would not be a threat to their chances of winning the championship.

Figo declared more than one time that he's not going nowhere.
Not Real nor Lazio. He'll stay at Barca guys...
at least until next year's big money will arrive at Barca's doorstep.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a lot there just doesn't make sense.

I read that there were a buy out clause on Figo for spanish clubs on 57 mill $ and 114 mill $ dollars for other clubs. Normally its made the other way, so the clubs in the same conutry has to pay more in buy out clauses.

I doubt if he's going to Real and not at this moment. He'll wait till the New President and Coach has discussed the future and which players they want.

BTW, stupid timing for Elections in Barca and Rea, they'll be out late for buying new players, after Juve, Lazio, Milan, Roma and others clubs has bought the best.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yeah, I totally agree with most of you. Barca won't be that stupid, It's like selling Nedved or Nesta to Roma :)
The deal is still on, i heard that Perez promised Figo a 1000 million pesetas/season. We can't handdle that much, for example: Crespo's salary is the highest in Lazio, If Figo come to us, and Cragnotti will give him a "huge" salary (since he really wants him) :D, that would cause more trouble for the others.

We've got enough player anyway, The last player who got an honour to play for Lazio is Zenden :) He is coming, is he the second ever dutch player after Aron Winter??

ps: bad english :), but at least i'm trying`

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to explain, this isn´t about Barca being stupid! As the buy-out clause for Spanish clubs are $57 millions, any Spanish club who are willing to pay this and reach an agreement with him, can buy the player. Barca can, unfortunately, do nothing about it.

If Lazio (or any other foreign club) wants to buy Figo, and Barca isn´t willing to negotiate, Lazio has to pay $114 to get him.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Read that Barca now want to sell the player to us... But maybe its to late, cos if Figo already have agreed with real and they pay the money for him, I think it nothing we can do. Read that we , if we buy will send Salas, Stankovic and de la pena the other way. Sounds fair to me..
Salas is going to leave anyway, and I don´t think he is so very good that I belived he would be when we bought him. ...And De la Pena.. he never got a chance when Svennis played Mancini in the midfield and will not get a chanse this year either so send him away. And then Stankovic, a player that I belived in to but, after seeing him last season and in the euro2000 I belive he is a bit overrated and if he is going to play he has to play in the middle cos on the wing he is really lame. I don´t have a clue why they let him there... And in the middle who is he going to take the place from there?? I prefer that we play Baronio instead... So get rid of these three and take FIGO to the olimpico!!!

CRESPO
LOPEZ FIGO
NEDVED
BARONIO VERON
PANCARO NEGRO
NESTA COUTO
PERUZZI

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I seriously hope that Figo goes to Real and not Lazio. We have done our MEGA shopping and I have no doubts that the squad we have now is capable of winning everything ( I´m not saying we will win the treble but the squad we have can win either the CL or Lo Scudetto ).

I think that it´s extremely important for Cragnotti to buy some young talents now, players that wouldn´t mind the bench and have a great future ahead of them ( I´m seriously wanting a player like Zambrotta in my team to cover for Nedved on the left wing ).

I hope that Eriksson is right when he says that this will be the season of Stankovic - we need him badly now.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Figo has just said he will wait to see who becomes president of Barce before he makes any decision.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Hey Juan ,
your saying that because figo got himself inot a lot of sh*t. He signed with perez because he though perez wasn't going to win so that he could bluff his way into a pay raise. Even if he didn't keep the agreement that his agent signed with perez, he would have to pay. Resulting in him looking like a traitor to you for even considering a move to Real Madrid. His days seem to be numbered at Barcelona either way. :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
i hope real sign figo because if lazio do they'll become a lot stronger than what they are now(which is really strong!)
:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts