Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would guess this topic has already been up, but:

Rumour has it that the Figo negotiations includes discussions about a possible "Figo-for-Stankovic" swap. Personally, I don't feel very good about this at all. Yes, we're always in need of good wingers, but hell... it would be fun seeing Dejans REAL break through on the international football field in a Lazio shirt.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I feel extremely confident that Lazio won´t sign anymore big names for next season and that all this Figo talk is just ---> TALK.

Lazio doesn´t need Figo - sure it´d be great to have him but we don´t need him to win titles this season. I think it´s important to get rid of Salas, sign one more midfielder ( after Zenden ) and if possible a defender.

Anyone who saw the Argentina - Ecuador game can agree on 3 things 1) Sensini was very stable in defence, 2) Simeone was great as a defensiv midfielder and what a brilliant header he is 3) Veron - Lopez - Crespo will destroy any .. I mean any team next season.

Basiclly what could happen next season is that teams will play extremely defensiv against us and anyone who watches football knows that it can be very hard to score against a team that doesn´t want to win - be it Verona or Juventus.

I see no danger in the offensiv lineup we will use since Eriksson makes sure that all players help in defence - Verons first half against Ecuador was to offensiv and he belongs further down the field - he played almost as a defensiv striker in that particular game ( he was great but still ).

Peruzzi

Pancaro/Favalli - Nesta/Sensini/Couto - Miha/dito - Negro/Gottardi.

Zenden/Stankovic - Simeone/Baronio - Veron/Baronio - Nedved/Zenden.

Lopez - S Inzaghi/Crespo.

I say again - Is this the best squad ever ??

We might see one more semi big name ( in the range of Tacchinardi ) and maybe we´ll see a surprise like Chivo ( ok so fellas understand that I´m not saying that Tacchinardi and Chivo will play for Lazio but I´m comparing their skills to the kind of player Cragnotti might buy --> MIGHT not should !!!

The thing that worries me is the weak form of Miha and Stankovic - the thing that makes me happy is when Eriksson said in an interview that he belives Stankovic will have his breakthrough this season. Confidence is all he needs !!

Miha is a different matter altogether - first he is very self confident and he knows that he can decide a game with his amazing freekicks - what I want to know is: Miha do you realise that you could decide the game against us aswell with you ignorance and your lack of pace ? :)

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Yes Svennis, I agree. We don´t need Figo. We need another good midfielder and a good defender. I like Jens Nowotny from Bayer Leverkusen very much. He is fast, he knows were to stand at the right time, good anticipation, nice tackling, Nesta-like. But I don´t think he is on the market. But he is underrated. He is better than most of you can imagine. Look at him the next few years. What I want to say is something about Zenden. Please don´t put him on the right wing. First half against Denmark at EURO 2000 he was bad, but Rijkaard put him on his left side in the second and he played great, remeber: his left foot is the better one and he always played on the left wing at Barca and Eindhoven. So Nedved should play the right wing with Zenden left wing.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
I'd say that Barca's chairman is an fool if he'll accept that deal!
C'MON!!!! FIGO for STANKOVIC?! With all do respect for Dejan, he's nothing compare to Mighty Figo! If Cragnotti pulls this off, he will be crowned as the best chairman in the world!

Nunez is not that dumb. Stankovic + 50 Million smackers for Figo sounds much more realistic.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
hehehehehehe was that a joke Laziali ATW? :)

It wouldn't be a stankovic-Figo swap no questions asked!! We would have to offer more money, but $50mil extra is too much!! He is going for $58 thereabouts!! Stankovic is worth minimum $25mil

Svennis i agree on what u say though i get confused with how you do ur line ups!!
You do it like this dont u :confused:
left side--------------------right side
but then you have stankovic on the left so im a bit confused

who do u think should play on the wings? Stan-right and Ned-left, Ned-right and Zen-left? or vice versa?

I would love to see Nedved stay on the left and Stankovic to get to be a starter on the right!!

I think that it wouldnt be good to buy another star!!

FORZALAZIO!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figo on the right would be marvelous since Cragnotti foolishly sold the great player Sergio Conceicao, not considering how empty the right-side would be. :mad:

Nedved or Zenden on the left?, what a luxury, not that many team have such a luxirious option to choose from. :)

I'd choose Zenden, he's definitely the best left-winger in Europe right now. :) at least of EURO 2000 he was.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
too bad... we could've loan Denilson.
and what about DANI from AJAX?!
as for RM, Santos from Dortmund could've been nice.

EL METADOR, sorry. I've over reacted a bit, haven't i? :D
does 25 Million + Dejan sounds better to you?
hehe

[Edited by Laziali All The Way! on 22-07-2000 at 13:30]

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Just that you don´t get it wrong Laziali ATW, Santos from Dortmund is playing on the left wing. His full name is Leonardo de deus santos and his nickname is Dede. He is I think 20 or 21 years old. I saw playing him last season about 20 times. He is very talented but not able to play in Seria A right now.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This would be very good but do we need Figo?
He is superb player but we will have great team without him
and i think that we do not need him now.
But it would be very good............

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Figo will be joining Real Madrid on Monday 7/24
so this whole thread is pointless.

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Well Laziali all the way, of course Dede would be good for Lazio after all. With his talent he will play for Brazil in the future. His team had a bad season last year. Dortmund played bad. He is one of Dortmunds players who should be able to go to the next level this year. Two more years end he will end up in Spain or Italy also because the clubs there (and in England) have the money to buy him because of the big deals with the tv stations. In Germany the money from the tv goes into a pool and every club gets nearly the same money out of it so that the rich don´t get too rich. That´s because the german federation wants a fair game (but Bayern Munich wins it every year so it is unfair every season). Only Bayern is able to compete in europe because they have the most money and the best management (perhaps in the world).

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Driver X, I can't agree with you at all!! Nedved is the best left winger and the only reason Zenden was maybe the best was because Nedved was playing central for the Czechs. I would put Nevded on the right not because Zenden is better but because Zenden sucks @ss on the right as we saw for Holland!!

Well yeah Laziali ATW it sounds a bit better but I still prefer Stankovic to stay at Lazio and show us what hes got to show us :)

About Dede, I've only seen him play once, and that was against Australia, was that him :confused: He got a bad knee injurie and hobbled off the field very very slowly ;) So is he back now and playing? Wasn't he the new Roberto Carlos?

Hopefully he's back and well and the injurie wasn't too bad :)

FORZALAZIO!

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
So that you don´t have to worry about the injury of Dede, he is in pre-season training with Dortmund and he is fit. He missed a part of last season due to this injury. I´m surprised that he is called the new Roberto Carlos (that´s unfair because he is Dede and not Roberto Carlos, I don´t like this comparisions because they destroy the developement of young talents sometimes) and that he is a popular (can I call him popular?) player and so well known. He is "only" playing in Germany and not many players from Germany are popular and so called stars although they perform as good as the "supertars" of worldfootball, like for example Stefan Effenberg, Jens Nowotny, Hans-joergg Butt and Sebastian Deisler. Could you name their clubs and positions? Not easy. In Germany they are stars and arguably as good as europes topstars at their positions.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Like i said before, that we don't need more players now, we've a fantastic squad :)
But if we badly need a new winger, I reckon Martin "New Laudrup" Jorgensen would be great for us (has he signed for Parma) or Sebastien Deisler (but some of of may not like any german players in Lazio squad) :D But if he's good enough, why not???

One more thing, we can try Stankovic, Baronio or even De La Pena to play in Right winger, I guess it's the time for Stankovic to show his value`

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Captain Sandro, Dede is a nice player, he has a good dribbling but I think he couldn't do outside of Bundesliga.
Stefan Effenberg - Bayern Munchen - MC
Jens Nowotny - Bayer Leverkusen - DC
Hans-Jorg Butt - Hamburg SV - GK
Sebastien Deisler - Hertha Berlin - RM
Actually, there is someone following Bundesliga, heh? :)
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
Well Dino, this quiz wasn´t easy but I still have a harder one for you. Roy Praeger, Markus Kreuz, Jochen Seitz and Frank Baumann. This one is difficult I think. By the way Dede is not able to play somewhere else than the Bundesliga because. His dribbling is good, but often he is dribbling too much and the coach and the fans get to mid-life-crisis. But give him some time. He needs it and he deserves it. He is a nice guy for the future.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts