Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that Figo does not play against china so that he can rest for 11 days before there first game. what do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
Portuguesesoccer.com has a link to a story that says they are trying to get him fit in time for the game on the 25th. Even if he is ready, they should not play him.
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
Tinto said:
Portuguesesoccer.com has a link to a story that says they are trying to get him fit in time for the game on the 25th. Even if he is ready, they should not play him.
Oliveira scares the crap out of me - Why did he play Figo 90 minutes against the Brazilians? And nearly that much against Spain?

Stupid.
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
Pila said:


Oliveira scares the crap out of me - Why did he play Figo 90 minutes against the Brazilians? And nearly that much against Spain?

Stupid.
He's a moron!

If we fail from passing the first round, the guy should be criminally liable!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
I agree, but you have to remember the guy got the team this far, unless you say the players did all the work. I still wish Humberto Coelho was still coach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Oliveira is a gambler, thats what i hate and like about him. Honeslty he has done a great job, but then again who wouldnt with these players?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
More reasonable sounds leaking out of the training camp now. They're saying they won't play him against China and may not even play him against the U.S. for the full game. That sound good to me. If we can't beat the U.S. without Figo, we don't belong there anyway. Let's give him that extra week of rest and save him for the later games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Tinto said:
More reasonable sounds leaking out of the training camp now. They're saying they won't play him against China and may not even play him against the U.S. for the full game. That sound good to me. If we can't beat the U.S. without Figo, we don't belong there anyway. Let's give him that extra week of rest and save him for the later games.
I strongly agree with that statement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
I'd sooner have Figo rest the first round if it meant him being 100% healthy and fit in the knock out stages....i think we have enough with Rui, JVP, Conceicao and the rest to come in first in our group....and then bring in the big boy for the knock out stages.....

on another note.....i need help

WHO IN THE TORONTO AREA CAN TELL ME WHAT TIME THE PORTUGAL - CHINA GAME IS AND WHO IS SHOWING IT????

PLEASE HELP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a place in mississauga called nationals and I know there are playing it and they dont charge anything.:) It is on dundas and dixe i think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
Icarus , how are you bro ??? , I am not sure about time zones but the game is on 12.30pm Lisbon time , which makes it 7.30 pm my time ..... my guess is it will be 7.30 am Toronto !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Couto5/kijj...thanks guys...you guys are the best....Figo Rules says that Sporting Clube, Porto Clube and 777 on St Clair are showing it.....me and a couple of buddies are probably going to Sporting Clube as it's on Dupont and I used to live on Perth south of Dupont....

thanks guys....
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top