Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Madrid was 11 points from Barcelona after the Getafe loss, both Guti and Figo said that La Liga was essentially lost. Now, neither of them is starting.

Guti has been benched by Borja:confused: and Figo has been replaced by Owen.

These two guys have been arguably the best two players for Madrid after Casillas, (albeit the difference between their play and Casillas is abismal).

Figo today in his interviews said that he felt like a villian in the story, feels like he is being blamed for the poor play of Madrid and the he hopes that the coach is the only person behind the decision. He also said that he wants to play at a high level for two more years and will do it "where he can be useful"

Guti has not said a word, but one has to believe that he has to pissed off at being replaced in the starting line up by Borja:googly:

I think they are simply being punished by the management of the team for saying that La Liga was lost and imo, Figo is essentially gone from the team as might be Guti.

Any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,343 Posts
Both are capable of being pre-madonnas, let them suffer and learn and for Figo is it push out of the door
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
My thoughts are that, if the allegations are true, Guti and Figo should have shown more professionalism and respect for the Real Madrid shirt. It's disappointing to know that two of our better players this season gave up hope of winning the championship after that terrible loss at Getafe, but even if they honestly thought the title was heading to Camp Nou, the least they could have done was keep that belief firmly to themselves. I don't expect Real Madrid representatives to come out like that in the media and give such a psychological boost to our fiercest rivals. As time has proven since that defeat to Getafe, the title race is still very much alive as anything can happen in football and experienced players like Figo and Guti should have been aware of this concept. :rollani:

I wouldn't read too much into this though. I suspect that Owen has broken into the team simply because his fine form could not be ignored any longer.

One of the galcticos had to make way to accomodate Owen and it was never really going to be Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane or Beckham.
 

·
Boti Boti Boti
Joined
·
10,303 Posts
Tony Montana said:
Both are capable of being pre-madonnas,
Pre-madonnas, or Post-Sean Penns??

:dielaugh:


I don't want to seem like a picky prick, but I have to step in here... It's "prima donna"...

:dielaugh:

Sorry, but I had to do it... I just couldn't read it without laughing out loud... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Barca, I didn't know anything about this issue, but they way your post reads, you might just tend to perceive events like I tend too, for better or for worse for anyone who might be disturbed by your question. I find it rather interesting, although what El Fenomeno posted sounds closer to the (practical) truth of things.
 

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
Joined
·
22,495 Posts
These two guys have been arguably the best two players for Madrid after Casillas, (albeit the difference between their play and Casillas is abismal).
GIBBERISH!

Guti deserves to be a starter though. Bench Zidane "The French Maestro" or "EL GRAN CAPITAN - FOR ME TO POOP ON" Raul!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,509 Posts
i also though it was weird guti was benched, but if the club wants to try to gain anything this season, they should know to start guti ahead of borja... so i guess someone told luxa to bench him, i don't know why. could be that perez is trying to push him out.
he can get a "clean" house without raul and guti in the squad.

as for figo, i don't think it is related to what he said.
he is shown the way out, simple as that. not in a very respectful way, if i may add.
there is no chance in the world that zidan is still playing while figo is on the bench.
(I'm not even starting to talk about beckham).
Perez don't want him and this is his way of showing it. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Figo needs to leave Real. They treat him like dirt and this is what he gets. Arguably the second best player this year on RM behind Casillas. I hope he leaves.

The other galacticos have been utter crap next to Figo. :stuckup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Guti cannot play as only DM because he has usually been a forward and now we cannot beg him a defensive work. Furthermore Luxa don't want to change his tactic (1 DM) at this moment because he knows that we must win all the matches and therefore he prefers Borja into the pitch.
Likewise Figo doesn't play because he cannot defend like Beckham does.
Sorry but while we play with 3 forwards this situation will continue until the end of the season
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can give as many tactical reasons as you want, but you won't convince me.

No one can argue that Borja gives Madrid more chances than Guti, even I, a Guti critic, can't believe that. He said in a very publicised press conference that La Liga was lost and now he is bieng punished.

Figo, the same. Becks or Zizou over Figo? All the time? Come on, I don't buy it. Maybe he is not being punished about his comments, but certainly he is being driven out. I saw a little of his press conference today and you can tell that he doesn't believe it either.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
I think that Luxe doesn't like Figo because he's a wing and Luxe has publically said that he doesn't like to play with wings (he said that he only has seen wings in Spain :confused: ). It's always hard to leave someone like Figo out, but considering that Figo is finished (the Gestapo guy should start to live with it) and considering that Luxe doesn't like wings, it's not very strange to see him out.

About Guti. He should have left Madrid long ago. For one reason or other he has never been a real starter. Luxe said that he chose Borja because the guy gives more estability to the team. I don't know, but Borja is a pure DM and Guti is not. I think that Guti would play in the 90% of teams of Europe, but he has always been dismissed in Chamartin.

I don't think that there is any "political" decision behind all this. All these things have appeared because Figo doesn't accept to be benched and he creates ghosts to blame. He should start to look for a team in Qatar and to accept that his days are over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62,100 Posts
90% of the teams in Europe?

Man, K4's love affair with Guti is outrageous.

He must like his hair! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,718 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
90% of the teams in Europe?

Man, K4's love affair with Guti is outrageous.

He must like his hair! :p
And i definetely agree with K4 too. Guti is class :thumbsup: and he is a Merengue through and through. Ill never forget that season when he saved us as a converted striker when Raul, Morientes AND Anelka were all injured. He had 13 goals that season just in the league :proud:

Honestly, i would love him to replace Zidane.
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hala Madrid said:
Honestly, i would love him to replace Zidane.
This is almost impossible to see with Perez in charge, Guti will always be a 12th or 13th player in Madrid, never the starter.

Actually, its easier to see both of them out of Madrid than in, during this summer buy window. Maybe guti stays, but after seeing the press conference with Figo, its impossible to see Figo staying.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
90% of the teams in Europe?

Man, K4's love affair with Guti is outrageous.

He must like his hair! :p
Preciselly, the thing that I like the least is his image of fashion star, a kind of Spanish Beckham... without glamour.

But he's a really good footballer, very versatile and a privileged view of the game. He should play anywhere else and people would start to value his game. Nowadays, his football is over Zidane's one for sure... although that's easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
wow they don't play for 3-4 matches and they start whining..
If I was Real's coach, I would bench them just for whining.

I dont understand why people think Guti is any good, that poor excuse of a player can't dribble, can't shoot, can't head, can't pass, has no vision, oh and he can't defend and can't cross (part of the passing problem obviously).
So why do we need him ?

Figo has been great, but he's old and slow, though I'd rather have him on the field than Zidane, Zidane tries to put a show for the crowd and never tries to play basic football, 90% of the times when he tries to do that, he loses the ball.

Useless really, he loses the ball more often than Ronaldo, I dont even need statistics to know that, you can see it in every game they're both playing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
i personallly think that figo shuld leave madrid... its his time... but i stil feel he should start in place of beckshits... zidane shud be benched too.. i think the old guys old now and we need new players. guti is NOT a starter.. i want solari to start instead
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
My thoughts are that, if the allegations are true, Guti and Figo should have shown more professionalism and respect for the Real Madrid shirt. It's disappointing to know that two of our better players this season gave up hope of winning the championship after that terrible loss at Getafe, but even if they honestly thought the title was heading to Camp Nou, the least they could have done was keep that belief firmly to themselves. I don't expect Real Madrid representatives to come out like that in the media and give such a psychological boost to our fiercest rivals. As time has proven since that defeat to Getafe, the title race is still very much alive as anything can happen in football and experienced players like Figo and Guti should have been aware of this concept. :rollani:

I wouldn't read too much into this though. I suspect that Owen has broken into the team simply because his fine form could not be ignored any longer.

One of the galcticos had to make way to accomodate Owen and it was never really going to be Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane or Beckham.

they should learn from casillas how to be optimistic ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,528 Posts
yellowbiz said:
wow they don't play for 3-4 matches and they start whining..
If I was Real's coach, I would bench them just for whining.

I dont understand why people think Guti is any good, that poor excuse of a player can't dribble, can't shoot, can't head, can't pass, has no vision, oh and he can't defend and can't cross (part of the passing problem obviously).
So why do we need him ?

Figo has been great, but he's old and slow, though I'd rather have him on the field than Zidane, Zidane tries to put a show for the crowd and never tries to play basic football, 90% of the times when he tries to do that, he loses the ball.

Useless really, he loses the ball more often than Ronaldo, I dont even need statistics to know that, you can see it in every game they're both playing.
Guti can't dribble? He is arguably one of the best Spanish dribblers. The calm way he dribbles the defenders is just amazing
Can't head is true, but seriously, who apart from Helguera, Samuel and Zidane can head in Real?

Can't pass and no vision? From top of my head I can remember three amazing assists this season, not any type of assist, but those those assists were something like 70% of the goal.
He can't tackle? First of all his position is an attacking midfielder/forward. Second of all, at a time this season, he made more successful tackles than Makelele's when he was at Real.

Guti's attitude is a problem, but that won't take away his amazing football talent. Don't forget how essential he was for us when we won our last title, La Liga, when he fought his way into the line-up only for Beckshit to take his place.

And yeah, Real Madrid don't have lots of Spanish players in the squad like the old days and hardly players from the youth. Getting rid of Guti is only going to make it worse.
 
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Top