Xtratime Community banner

Figc: Mancini is new manager

4K views 62 replies 18 participants last post by  camelface 
#1 ·
Its done

#5 ·
This man broke his contract with his current rich club and lost money in the process because unlike others, his country comes first. Italy will regain greatness under Mancini. Bookmark this.

:stuckup:

#10 ·
Mancini begged for this job for the betterment of his career after it took a nosedive recently, not because he's patriotic lol.
It was not for the money because he's making less. It's not for the betterment of his career, unless he wins, then it will be.

Vast majority of players don't move to China to earn more.
Yes, they only move to China to earn more. What do you think it is, for the awesome football culture?

#8 ·
I don't think it's purely patriotism. Most managers will run away from Moscow to come manage their NT. Even in their current situation Italy is still a big, attractive football NT for an Italian coach who has already earned a lot in his career financially. It's not Macedonia or Finland, gentlemen, it's Italy. And unlike the others who are still in demand (Carlo, Conte, Sarri) where will Mancini go after St. Petersburg?

But all said and done, he's the best available who has shown interest. And you have to salute his determination. Not a world class coach, but he would do a decent job hopefully. I wish him all the best.

#13 ·
It wasn't.

1st part - Just read Inas' post.

China part - You read it wrong. Most players prefer to stay in Europe and compete than go to China and earn a lot more. Similarly, Mancini "sacrificing" his higher Zenit salary isn't as big a deal as some are making it out to be. Money isn't everything. There's more prestige in the Italy job. It's a chance for him to turn his career around again.

#14 ·
Yeah, no patriotism. I would talk about egotism, narcissism etc. Mancini really thinks he is going to win the Euro tournament or the world cup with the Italian NT. If it doesn't happen he will eventually blame anyone but himself, but till that day we have the coach with the strongest self confidence ever.
Vai Mancini! :D

#19 ·
He was almost certainly going to be sacked by Zenit. One of the most inept efforts i've ever seen by a foreign manager at a big Russian team. Maybe his heart was never really in it and always looking for an out to this job, but it was extremely unprofessional.

Anyway, i wish you guys the best. Just doesn't seem right without Italy at the world cup.

#32 ·
Oh yes, so very funny. I'm sure someone will let me in on the joke eventually. A moderator trolling a new poster right out of the gates. So gay. You guys are wrong, but don't let it spoil you spoiling a discussion. If this means good times are back, i can't imagine what would have ruined them to begin with. Yeah, no ideas. What a lame cliche.

#33 ·
Mancini to the rescue
Football Italia

Italy Coach Roberto Mancini rushed to aid a 94-year-old woman who was hit by a car while he was on vacation.

The tactician was walking past with friends – one of whom was a doctor – when they saw the pensioner on her bike clipped by the vehicle.

He immediately ran over to help and called an ambulance.

She was taken to hospital and has been diagnosed with some fractures, but the story came to light thanks to her son’s post on Facebook.

“Fortunately Italy weren’t in the World Cup, otherwise he wouldn’t have been there… Thank you to anyone who stopped to help my Mum.”

---

Heartwarming. :)

#36 ·
Back to serious matter (not that the life of the 94 yo lady isn't a serious matter, but Mancini the Saviour is laughable) there will be two games in Italy after the summer: the UEFA Nations League game vs Poland, on September 7, at Dall'Ara, Bologna, then a friendly vs Ukraine, on October 10, at Marassi, Genova. Interestingly, Bologna and Sampdoria (Marassi) are the two first clubs of Mancini as a player. Not sure whether it's a kind of homage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.