Xtratime Community banner

FIGC election Jan 2018

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Primo 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
My feeling is getting stronger day after day, the politicians are clearly preparing Tommasi's defeat before anyone else's win. Gravina or Sibilia will win, for sure Tommasi will lose.
That said, I'm not sure Tommasi has the qualities to be the chairman of FIGC... whatever those qualities are! The other two surely have the best of all qualities, that means they were able to "gain" the fundamental support of the clubs.

#6 ·
They don't want to change anything! Tommasi has been depicted by the journalists as an idiot after years in which he was depicted as a hero because now his presence is troublesome. There is the risk that Tommasi might change football and people who like football the way it is and above all "eat" thanks to football the way it is do not want football to change at all. Gravina or Sibilia are two faces of the same coin, they are supported by different people but the ones who support one don't really dislike the other.
In the meanwhile I read that Tavecchio could become the new chairman of Lega serie A after being the vicar for a while.

#7 ·
it's a huge joke. i feel bad for the players who are held hostage in an organization like this

tbh, none of the outside world cares about serie A anymore, italian NT didn't qualify, all the good coaches leave the league

disgracefully corrupt stuff as usual. your comment about keeping things as is for those who "eat" thanks to current setup is spot on

#12 ·
I didn't read it.

Anyway, fumata nera. No chairman yet. Yesterday the two main candidates, Sibilia and Gravina, made a sceneggiata which is proper of the Italian politicians (what did you expect?). Now Malagò, the chairman of CONI (Italian National Olympic Committee), will likely handle the matter the way he threatened to do before, by putting the FICG under temporary commissioner/s.

#14 ·
I expect the person appointed by CONI to lead the federation while another election is arranged will lead the recruitment process, although I expect and hope it will be a temporary appointment until the summer.

Meanwhile, I have bought a ticket for the Italy fans section for the game against England at Wembley on 27 March, but it was announced yesterday that we will also be playing Argentina at Manchester City's stadium on 23 March. Will anyone here be going to that game?

#16 ·
So, a triade (commissioner, legal expert, former player) has been appointed both for FIGC and Lega serie A.

The chairman of CONI, Malagò, chose one of his collaborators at CONI as the commissioner of FIGC, Fabbricini, and Billy Costacurta will be the former player. Fabbricini will appoint his boss at CONI, Malagò, as the commissioner of Lega serie A. The former player Corradi will be the former player in the triade of Lega serie A. The legal experts are Clarizia and Nicoletti respectively, but that will tell nothing to most of you (and to me as well) unless you are Italian legal experts as well!
Good luck to all of them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.