Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
When FIFA announced that Gamal Ghandour has the game, I was glad that they gave the game to one of the best non-European and non-South American referee. It was not the referee's fault for the disallowed goals. If anything, the Ugandan linesman mistaken that the ball has crossed the line and Gamal followed his word for it, since I believe, he did not see what transpired and perhaps only the linesman saw what happened. About the pull inside the box, he saw it and gave a free-kick immediately. No hesitation and the Spanish players simply got on with it and did not complain. Strange that they only make noise when they lost.:(

I would not agree to Simon being appointed to the match since Brazil is still very much in the competition, although they are in the other half of the competition. But chances are, FIFA never gives a game to referees whose countries are still in the WC from the Quarter-Final stages, no matter how good they are. Biasedness might creep in, even though referees are supposed to be fair. And even if they are fair, which I believe all of them are, if there are any controversies, conspiracy theories will be all over in discussions and debates and FIFA, I believe, wants to avoid that as far as possible.

It is sad to hear that Said Belkoula has passed away. If I am not wrong, he is also the first African referee to officiate in the Final. I wondered why he was not here and didn't know that his condition. Africa lost one of their finest judge in football.:(

paw;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I thought they have given the final to Collina.

paw;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts