Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- KAKA (AC Milan/Brazil)
- Lionel MESSI (Barcelona/Argentina)
- Cristiano RONALDO (Manchester United/Portugal)
- Fernando TORRES (Liverpool/Spain)
- XAVI (Barcelona/Spain)

2000CET.

I think it going to be Messi....
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
World player of the YEAR, not Season, Mohamed.
Incorrect.

"Year" here implies the footballing year, i.e season. How else can they come up with a shortlist in early December? My understanding is that voting procedures begin in October, considering that every national organization which is a member of FIFA votes for the award.

The award is for the best player during the footballing calender year, in this case 2007-2008.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Incorrect.

"Year" here implies the footballing year, i.e season. How else can they come up with a shortlist in early December? My understanding is that voting procedures begin in October, considering that every national organization which is a member of FIFA votes for the award.

The award is for the best player during the footballing calender year, in this case 2007-2008.
it's not season!
The best player of the last 12 month will be crowned as WPOY!

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
- KAKA (AC Milan/Brazil)
- Lionel MESSI (Barcelona/Argentina)
- Cristiano RONALDO (Manchester United/Portugal)
- Fernando TORRES (Liverpool/Spain)
- XAVI (Barcelona/Spain)

:thumbsup:
Latin players own this game period.
Norther Europeans, Africans and Slavs are just passengers.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Have a itchy feeling that they will give it to CRonaldo no matter the fact that starting from the start of June, that is more than 6 months ago, the biggest argument for him winning it is the 42 goals he scored i dont know when. For 6 months he has been nowhere near the form of WPOTY should be.

Nothing against him winning it, just Messi is simply better.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Then how can they come up with a shortlist in the first week of December?

December is part of 2008, no?
those who didn't impress till december wouldn't make the list in january either.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Just give it to C. Ronaldo already!
Robben to win it in 09 :D:D:D

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Why is Kaka on the list? Does the last year winner automatically gets a place in the shortlist, because he definitely doesn't deserve a place.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Messi should win this trophy, but I think it's going to be Ronaldo just because of last season.

I don't think Messi will go home crying though, we all know who's the best player.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Why is Kaka on the list? Does the last year winner automatically gets a place in the shortlist, because he definitely doesn't deserve a place.
Yes, if CRon wins this year he will qualify for next year shortlist :thumbsup:

Thats about the best reason I can come up with for Kaka's addition to the list instead of Zlatan

1 - 20 of 61 Posts