Xtratime Community banner

Who do you want HRVATSKA to avoid from Pot 1? (multiple choice)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Human body Font Art Magenta Circle

The Draw will be held in Doha, Qatar on 3 April 2022 prior to the completion of qualification. The two winners of the inter-confederation play-offs will not be known at the time of the Draw. The 32 teams will be drawn into eight groups of four.

For the Draw, the teams will be allocated to four pots, we assume they will be based on the FIFA World Rankings of March 2022. If the Draw follows the same rules as WC 2018 Russia (FIFA has still not released the procedure as of 2021-11-29!) then Pot 1 will contain the hosts Qatar (which will be automatically assigned to Position A1) and the best seven teams, Pot 2 will contain the next best eight teams, and so on for Pots 3 and 4. This will be different from previous draws, where only Pot 1 was based on FIFA Rankings while the remaining pots were based on geographical considerations. Same as previous editions, teams from the same confederation will not be drawn against each other for the group stage, except for UEFA where each group can contain up to two teams.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was here.

I would like to avoid England and Argentina (for not to repeat from last world cup and euro)
France and Brazil for the negative record.

With Italy we actually have a good record and i think that a match with Belgium would be very interesting to watch.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I was here.

I would like to avoid England and Argentina (for not to repeat from last world cup and euro)
France and Brazil for the negative record.

With Italy we actually have a good record and i think that a match with Belgium would be very interesting to watch.
I think we need to revenge France, Brazil and England...we are a strong enough team to compete with any of them and I want to beat France.

Italy...sure, we have a good past vs them but I'm not convinced that means anything!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
keep an eye on sleeper pick Algeria in the Pot 2 race. The African conference is playing the Africa Cup of Nations and ELO rankings have them scooping up a whopping 94 points before the next ranking comes out! Still Ed @ Football-Rankings.info has us coming out of February ahead of them (slightly). Still it would be nice if Algeria dropped some points in their tournament this month!

·
Registered
257 Posts
You know, give us France. If the curse where the current european champion it's eliminated in the group stages (maybe we can do a Holland vs Spain in 2014?)

·
dinamo67
10,723 Posts
If we do get France and I was Dalic I would call up Rebic just to break Griezmann's legs. No mercy for that kreten.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
If we do get France and I was Dalic I would call up Rebic just to break Griezmann's legs. No mercy for that kreten.
No mercy? You're far too kind.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
keep an eye on sleeper pick Algeria in the Pot 2 race. The African conference is playing the Africa Cup of Nations and ELO rankings have them scooping up a whopping 94 points before the next ranking comes out! Still Ed @ Football-Rankings.info has us coming out of February ahead of them (slightly). Still it would be nice if Algeria dropped some points in their tournament this month!

Algeria unexpectedly drew with 108th ranked Sierra Leone in their first match of the African Cup of Nations! Football-Rankings.info says they will lose just over 10 FIFA points from this draw so that could be huge in the race for Pot 2!

·
Registered
5,154 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Senegal unexpectedly drew with Guinea today so they lost 8 FIFA points. They could be the Finalists vs Algeria and could be nipping at our heels in the race for Pot 2 of the World Cup Draw so any loss of FIFA points for them is great for us!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Algeria is likely toast in the race for Pot 2 after losing to 114th ranked Equatorial Guinea as they lost a whooping 28 FIFA points!

Hopefully Senegal somehow loses more points during this tournament as well :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts