Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am really ashamed of the situation of the world cup! It is disGusting. Today they killed Spain once again! They kill football! D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G

Attachments

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I think it is important to see that this is not a case of corruption or such. All teams get affected. Before yesterday everybody said Fifa lieks Brazil and the Ronaldinho gets the red for nothing.

The biggest problem are the linesman. How can you expect someone from the Maldives to lead a game on this level. The speed and conditions he's used aren't even close to the easiest game on this tournament. Without good experience you get situations like this. Fifa should appoint refs and linesmen who are used to this level of play.

Furthermore Fifa should leave the refs alone as soon as decent ones are appointed. If you come up with new rules (yellow for a dive) just before a tournament like this and you treaten every ref with expulsion if he makes one louzy mistake you get too much pressure and stress. Of course referees will blow for everything they see or think they see.

Appoint good refs and make them feel you trust them. It will help a lot.

·
Registered
579 Posts
What a disgrace! ! ! :yuck:

I am really fed up with this freak show! Will Germany become the next victim or can they put the show to an end?

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Another two goals disallowed... this word cup is total disgrace!!!

Send those two-bit, incompetent referees back to their sh!tty little countries before they ruin any more matches! And for the next world cup select only referees from the leading nations, who have the quality to do their job properly!

Besides that it's hight time football started using the 'instant replay' like they have in American Football. Sure it will slow the game down a little, and make the matches last longer, but then at least football teams will be playing against each other... not against the referees!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spain was dicked out of a semi-final spot.

S. Korea slithered by Spain earlier today, on the belly of a bad referee.

Spain was obviously the better team, for the whole match, and it took obviously manufactured penalty kicks to squeeze S. Korea past them.

I don't know what it is about Korea, but the refs seem to love it. Maybe they subconsciously just want to help the host team, or maybe they wanted to take out as many European teams as possible. Whatever it is, S. Korea's had the side of both luck and the referees.

I hope Germany puts them in their place, right in their homeland.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I think FIFA should stop giving refereeing slots to minor footballing contries, unless a referee is really god. BUt then again, he will not have the experience to be the ref of such high profile games!

Also, FIFA shuld start considering professionalising ref's all over teh world, and considering the hypothesis of putting 2 ref's in each game. They did that a couple ofyears ago in Brazil, and the experience was quiote good.

I don't think we should use video tape, it will make football a more rationale game, and the passion for the sport would probably decrease!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
A freaking disgrace!!!Disgrace is the word that will best qualify this 2002 World Cup!Disgrace on all level, level of play, level of actions and above all, level arbitrage. It's a scandal!!!This world cup has seen the slaughter of all the powerhouses one by one, off the courts by some ridiculously sub-par arbitrage. This blow today to Spain only reinforced the feeling (rightfully) that this is the worst WC ever!:yuck: Worst WC ever because it doesn't reflect at all the reality of the field. Of the 4 teams left, with the exception of Brasil, all the others are simply jokes who took advantage of the external happenings to get there. In a WC played fairly, never these teams would have even made it past the first round, let alone the 2nd round...

FIFA is killing football!FIFA must be demantled!!!!
FOCK FIFA!

I'm simply disgusted as rarely i've been. Spain were the clear better team, they had two perfectly valid goals+ a non-existant off-side. Korea, with all respect due, has nothing to do there, they don't belong there. As simple as that....:rollani::yuck:

ARRIBA ESPANA!

Take a look at Marca's site and it says it all:
http://www.marca.es/

ATRACO!!! THIS IS THE WORD FOR WHAT HAPPENED TODAY!!!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I believe that the main problems have been as you guys point lack of high level refereeing and the solutions that you guys have given are good IMO specially instant replays which I would only use in PKs situations.

IMO the worst thing in this WC has been the offside calls is simply too much when a ref makes a call and a second later we see on TV it's wrong. IMO offside calling should be taken away from the linesmen and used either TV judges outside the field or some technological device to determine if a play was offside or not.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well

his WC is official pointless.

the "champs" will forever have a shadow cast over them

and these referres from third world nations are crap, i mean they barely know the rules some actually think the offside isnt WHEN THE BALL IS PLAYED BUT WHEN IT IS RECIVED!

And the korean "success" is a joke.....NO WAY a team can go from being HAMMMERED 5-0 by a FRENCH B TEAM to becoming a semi finalist in the WC

FIFA "for the good of the game" :rolleyes: ...in ASIA maybe

Lav

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Boyo said:

Send those two-bit, incompetent referees back to their sh!tty little countries before they ruin any more matches! And for the next world cup select only referees from the leading nations, who have the quality to do their job properly!

Besides that it's hight time football started using the 'instant replay' like they have in American Football. Sure it will slow the game down a little, and make the matches last longer, but then at least football teams will be playing against each other... not against the referees!!
What leading nations are you talking about ? The most mistakes in this world cup came from freaking "sh!tty" leading nations referees.. An English referee cancelled two goals for Italy.. A Danish linesman cancelled another two for Italy.. A Scottish referee didnt see a clear penalty kick for USA against Germany. A Portuguese referee didnt award Mexico a clear PK against USA when O'Brien punched the ball in the area.. Thats the most errors in this world cup and they are coming from European referees from "sh!tty leading nations".

More to the point now, gOD you mentioned a referee from Maldives Island ? The same commitee that ranked Collina the number one referee in the world ranked this referee one of the best 5 in the world. Now what has his country got to do with this ?

Today's referee (not linesman who was crap) of Spain vs Korea was the ONLY referee in the history of the European championships to be allowed to referee in the Euro championship without being EUROPEAN (in Euro 2000) and thats because "he was good enough for it" !

Many of your b*tching is unwarranted and is not supported with figures, its even close to being racist like Boyo here who has taken the liberty of calling those countries sh!tty..

Grow up, your team sucks and doesnt deserve to be in the second round to begin with. You are being losers and racists, just like the Perugia club president.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
South Korea really doesn't deserve to be in the final four.
My wife says that the Korean people have collectively done some kind of voodoo on the match officials (she's Asian by the way).

I can't believe that Italy was knocked out by terrible officiating. Same for Portugal. Did you guys see the red card given to Beto? OK, the first red was warranted for Joao Pinto. But then exactly 5 minutes later a Korean player does a two footed challenge on a Portuguese player and the ref only awarded a free kick. Not even a YELLOW!!! Poor Beto barely touched the Korean player and was sent off! Don't get me started with poor Italy. And Spain? Holy crap did they play about 200 times better than the South Koreans. Morientes goal was a beauty! Absolutely no reason to call it off! And the own goal by South Korea? Can someone tell me why that was called off? Even the fans shut up when that went in the net 'cause they thought it was a goal and the South Korean players nearly flipped their lid!

Something has to be done. I already emailed FIFA and let them know of my disgust.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Sabry said:
Many of your b*tching is unwarranted and is not supported with figures, its even close to being racist like Boyo here who has taken the liberty of calling those countries sh!tty..

Grow up, your team sucks and doesnt deserve to be in the second round to begin with. You are being losers and racists, just like the Perugia club president.
Woo hoo! :howler: That's very rational indeed! Thanks for pointing it out. Somehow I must have missed that. :dazed:

But wait... what's that I hear on the news: FIFA is actually gonna get rid of referees from those sh!tty little countries and instead get their ref's from the leading football nations of the world?

:wth: Sabry, are FIFA so smart or a you so stupid?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Suddently FIFA has become the most objective organization on planet and Blatter is an angel, a very wise and honest man for kicking out referees from "sh!tty little countries" thought most of the mistakes in this world cup were due to poor European refereeing.

Thats what I like about this forum, the stupidity is abundant.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Anyone in his right mind sees that Ref's screwed up. Thats the bottom line. If you dont see it... well, be happy:)

And i dont think Blatter is a nice guy, i think he's covering his ass and patronizing the "big guys" now.

But i dont need him nor fifa to tell me that standart of refereeing was awfully law. I saw it myself.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Boyo said:

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I've been saying it forever. Why not use Television replay, like they do in American Football and in hockey and cricket, etc, etc..... Almost every sport I know uses it except football. Jesus Christ!!! When will these old farts at Fifa move forward with the times. There is just no friggen excuse for teams such as Spain, Italy,etc... to get knocked out the way they did, when we have the technology available to prevent this. I'm very sad and disappointed, mainly because Spain had the chance to go to the semi's. I'm confident from there they could have met Brazil in the final. It seems that if it isn't Spain choking than when they do get their act together they get screwed by some idiot linesman. Bad luck! Well, the only thing I'm happy about is that this time Spain didn't choke under the pressure and we had a good team that performed well. We'll have to wait until Euro 2004. Hopefully, FIFA will introduce T.V replay by then to prevent these horrible calls.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
I dont understand how would TV replays work. Every other game that uses TV Replays is very slow and very boring.

Consider this, the striker receives a long pass and the referee doesnt know if he is onside or offside.. What does he do ? The referee can whistle and ask everyone not to move from his place until the fourth official makes a judgement. Then if its offside a foul is awarded, if its not they just continue playing ? The play is dead alreay.. The referee allows the play to continue either ways (he will check the TV replay later).. Then, If its a goal he looks at the replay and cancels it if its offside. What if its not an offside the and other team had the ball and started to build a counter attack ?

There is no way for replays to be implemented, unless you want to make the game as boring as many slow American sports. Actually, this will be the day football will be destroyed. Why not just add time outs too.

Besides, I think this offside thing adds to football excitment, if everything was so clean people wouldnt be discussing this in great lengths. Its what makes the game more exciting. Sure its not fair many times, but everyteam have got their share of good/bad calls sometime (my team didnt qualify to the world cup because of a wrong offside call), we must learn to grow up first.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I don't think it's fair to say this World Cup is 'pointless' or that whoever wins it 'will have a shadow cast over them'. I know the referees have been screwing up a lot, but I don't really think it's so much worse than past Cups. In every WC we see bad refereeing, what's new? Do I even need to list past bad calls? I don't think so. But this time someone outside of the usual is getting the favourable calls.

Oliver Kahn cynically (but maybe also realistically) said that every World Cup host nation gets benefitted by refs, that it happened in '78 and in '98 - and, one supposes, will happen in Germany 2006. :mad: If he's right, that's a slap in the face of the fans, but Kahn apparently feels confortable with that.

Let me add that in my opinion neither the Portuguese or the Italians have nothing to complain about. I think Tommasi was shameless to shoot the ball into the net after the ref had whistled - I saw the game, that's what he did - and later claim the referee cancelled his goal. That was not a goal because the play had been stopped. Totti dived for a penalty during extra-time on a World Cup match. He deserved the card. People say Rivaldo should've been red-carded for playacting against Turkey - but the same people claim Totti shouldn't have seen the card for doing it. That's having two sets of values. Italy fell to their own mistakes.

About Spain, I agree it was a mess, but it's not as clear-cut as we might think either. Check out this web-page. It analyzes the Spain x Korea calls on detail. It may be wrong, but it sure raises some doubts.

I don't know, guys - this World Cup has sen a lot of mistakes, but I can't see a conspiracy in there. I've seen a lot of the 'big teams' falling along the way, most of 'em sooner than expected. I've seen mistakes helping a LOT of people, in different directions. I sincerely can't see an 'evil plot', and don't think we should question the champions' merits when there isn't even a champion yet.

I mean, we all knew football was getting globalized, and that the 'less traditional' countries were working hard to catch up. That's what this Cup was about - Senegal, Korea, even the United States, are showing the world that football is growing everywhere. Korea had a five-month preparation fior the WC, while the Euro-based community of players (meaning almost everybody, including Brazil and Argentina) only had two weeks! THAT's the biggest Korean advantage: they're fitter and more prepared. They run endlessly - how many extra-times have they been to? They're killing the opposition on stamina! European teams mark their opponents with pressure, and that takes a serious toll on the players' energy. The Koreans beat everybody by outrunning them!

I don't think this Cup is fixed. I just think it's the first Cup of a new time for international football. Maybe it's the new century, who knows?

Peace. :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Sabry said:
I dont understand how would TV replays work. Every other game that uses TV Replays is very slow and very boring.

Consider this, the striker receives a long pass and the referee doesnt know if he is onside or offside.. What does he do ? The referee can whistle and ask everyone not to move from his place until the fourth official makes a judgement. Then if its offside a foul is awarded, if its not they just continue playing ? The play is dead alreay.. The referee allows the play to continue either ways (he will check the TV replay later).. Then, If its a goal he looks at the replay and cancels it if its offside. What if its not an offside the and other team had the ball and started to build a counter attack ?

There is no way for replays to be implemented, unless you want to make the game as boring as many slow American sports. Actually, this will be the day football will be destroyed. Why not just add time outs too.

Besides, I think this offside thing adds to football excitment, if everything was so clean people wouldnt be discussing this in great lengths. Its what makes the game more exciting. Sure its not fair many times, but everyteam have got their share of good/bad calls sometime (my team didnt qualify to the world cup because of a wrong offside call), we must learn to grow up first.
At the very least they could use T.V replay to go over any goals that are disallowed, such as the first and second Spanish goals. They could review it just like they do in Hockey, when they feel there might have been interference on the goaltender, or a hockey player was tripped, etc... Basically anything like a takedown in the penalty box or a disallowed goal. Pretty much any activity in the penalty area could be reviewed. Just have a panel of T.V judges who look at the replay and either award a penalty or allow the goal to be valid. With T.V replay in the penalty area, the linesman could watch more closely the offsides.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Garrincha, that website you have in your post. i saw that 656136987 of time posted in soccerage forums.

do you guys know that the ball is out when the BALL is out!? not player's foot! have you even see the game? and even the, the WHOLE ball has to cross the line. if it's on half than it's IN. and this one didn't even touch the line!
have you seen the replay of that goal? have you seen WHEN did linesman lift up the flag!? his eyes were on the ball when it was way in the air!
does that site have a proof for 5 italy's goals perhaps!? (two of them against korea)

anyways, no point discussing the obvious.
if you saw the game, and saw the 90degrees shot you'll agree with me.

do not believe the pictures taken from an 45degrees angle!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts