Xtratime Community banner

FIFA Rankings

3K views 153 replies 12 participants last post by  Pila 
#1 ·
Ok Guys the rankings have just come through and we have dropped 2 spots , whick is a surprise in itself. I expected to be down to 15 or something but such is this FIFA system. So wher we see it we are 7th

1- Brazil
2- Argentina
3- France
4- Spain
5- Germany
6- Mexico
7- Portugal
8- England
9- Columbia
10- Italy
11- USA
12- Turkey
-------------------------------------------
20- Sth Korea ( we will see where they are in 1 year ;) )

& for anyone who is interested............................

The people of Bhutan will be in party mode tonite as they moved a whopping 4 places up spot #199 !!!! Montserratt are left to lick there wounds at #203- the people of Guam (#200) , American Samoa (#201) & Turks & Caicos Islands (202) on devasted to have dropped down a place

See less See more
#3 ·
COUTO 5 said:
Ok Guys the rankings have just come through and we have dropped 2 spots , whick is a surprise in itself. I expected to be down to 15 or something but such is this FIFA system. So wher we see it we are 7th

1- Brazil
2- Argentina
3- France
4- Spain
5- Germany
6- Mexico
7- Portugal
8- England
9- Columbia
10- Italy
11- USA
12- Turkey
-------------------------------------------
Just out of interest, do you know where Turkey were before?:)

#5 ·
I've been getting sick and tired of seeing these meaningless rankings. During the World Cup, i only watched on game on ESPN & they were talking about how U.S.A beat 5th ranked Portugal. Does retards! First of all Portugal at that time should of been 4th, and I'd like to see if U.S.A beat Colombia( if they were in it) and see if there was a big deal about it.

#6 ·
Ranking position mean the strength of smack talk !!!

such as Portugal's 7 stacks up pretty nicely against your Italian freinds Italy -10

Yeah but your right rankings dont mean sh!t to us for the next 2 years. We will host the tournament , we will be seeded :)

#7 ·
The US beats Portugal and you don't think that was a big deal?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but weren't we the media darlings of the group? Weren't we all here making semi-final and final predictions before the cup started? Weren't most of us here stating how the US team would be lucky to get a draw from us?

And so now you call the guys at ESPN retards for making a big deal of humiliating Portugal?

That's some warped logic you got there, man.

#8 ·
I know I'm not going to like this but where were Scotland?

#9 ·
No Pila the main reason ESPN was all over it was because Portugal was ranked 5th in the world under FIFA. Ofcourse it was humiliating, I totally agree with you. Everyone should have been all over France more than Portugal, because France was talking alot more smack. Though they lost they still said they were the best in the world. Plus it should have not been a been deal. ESPN was following FIFA's rankings, why didn't they look at where the U.S.A was? 12th or 13th I believe, not very far from Portugal's 5th. Yes we did deserve the humiliation and the media attention, but technically we were not supposed to.

#10 ·
Its just ever since 2 months after September 11 I'm sorry but I've gotten tired of this USA ROCKS bull****. They just think that the WORLD IS THE USA. And so they want everyone to know. I mean do you know how many people at the schools were talking **** to the chops over a 3-2 loss by a margin of 1 goal? Everyone. And you know who those were? The people who didnt even know Soccer existed. I'm sick and tired of these americans thinking they know everything there is to know and that they are the most superior race, because in the end everyone is the same, yet they believe they are the best no matter what. I'm just tired of it. And I'm also tired of people bitching at us because of our opinions of that.

#13 ·
bigscotty said:
I know I'm not going to like this but where were Scotland?
BigScotty , Actually I am very surprised to see Scotland 55th on the table !!
I am Very Surprised to see a nation of such pride be so low. I know Craig Brown used to hang to the ol' codgers a bit to long but surely you's must have some sort of youth scheme happening

For chrissakes even Bhutan are closing in on you's & even Wales aint that far off you's !!

What is Happening Big Scotty !!

#15 ·
F1Soccer-Por. said:
Its just ever since 2 months after September 11 I'm sorry but I've gotten tired of this USA ROCKS bull****. They just think that the WORLD IS THE USA. And so they want everyone to know. I mean do you know how many people at the schools were talking **** to the chops over a 3-2 loss by a margin of 1 goal? Everyone. And you know who those were? The people who didnt even know Soccer existed. I'm sick and tired of these americans thinking they know everything there is to know and that they are the most superior race, because in the end everyone is the same, yet they believe they are the best no matter what. I'm just tired of it. And I'm also tired of people bitching at us because of our opinions of that.
Are you a woman?

#16 · (Edited)
Teens, AXP. Teens.

Body's going through some change, chemical imbalances from post puberty - the world surrounds around our centric, social circle positioning, don'tcha know?. A skirt turns us down - women are b*tches. A similar adoslescent teases us about our nationality - we hate theirs. It's all "Hey, look-a me! I'm here! I exist. Accept me." post puberty depression talk.

Nothing a b*tch slap by a responsible parent can't fix, AXP.

#17 ·
AXP-unless you plan on getting run over by a Nissan Skyline R33 GTR, I HIGHLY suggest you take that comment back and apologize immediately.

#20 ·
F1Soccer-Por. said:
AXP-unless you plan on getting run over by a Nissan Skyline R33 GTR, I HIGHLY suggest you take that comment back and apologize immediately.

:wth: Are you threatening people now F1?

Pila and AXP make great points F1. Look at the end of the day, the won that game. They took it to the Pork Chops and did their homework around our crummy defenders. That's the bottom line.

Now I will say this, I supported Portugal first and USA second. The USA played great and really handed it to Germany. They should have won that game. I agree USA has been more "America Rocks" but that's just the country having to tell the world, as Pila stated, "Look at me."

You say your from South River and that means you live in this country. You may not agree with everything but again that's your opinion. Shoot, you should be glad you have an opinion. In some countries you'd get hung upside down by your toes and slowly dipped in hot lava head first for speaking your mind.

Take a load off and relax F1, Portugal sucked and that's the bottom line. Part of sucking is eating crow, so take it like a man like the rest of us are.

Peace & Cheers Ace!

#21 ·
Yes but they ONLY won 3-2 I mean no one really gave a **** when anyone beat anyone else 3-2 I'm not saying we weren't **** but "at the end of the day" they still shouldn't of made a big deal about it. There's a line between being proud and just being ignorant.

#22 ·
F1Soccer-Por. said:
.There's a line between being proud and just being ignorant.
Son, indeed, but that's neither here nor there. You're growing bitter towards a nation that houses you, allows you to exploit opportunity, exhaust your civil rights (including the fact that you can wave the flag of your country of origin without fear of persecution) because of your inability to deal with smack from other adolescent teenagers. Grow some balls, son. The world ain't about yer yer fragile ego nor your feelings of inadequacy - hit back at the individuals, and see if ye can muster enough sense to save this already unfortunate nation that'll hafta somehow forego the task of preparing ye miserables into productive members of society from undue girlish whining.

#26 ·
Is it true that not all votes in US elections are counted??

Is it true that unilateralism has killed free speech in the media in the US.

Is it true that you can be taken from your home in the dark of night and thrown in jail for an indefinite period of time without charge, in the US??

Is it true that this post will probably be monitored by a US govt. agency??

hmmm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.