Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go...the monthly FIFA review that no one agrees with EVER !!!!!! :dielaugh:

FIFA Top 20
1. France 810
2. Brazil 787
3. Argentina 786
4. Colombia 731
5. Portugal 726
6. Italy 722
7. Mexico 715
. Spain 715
9. Netherlands 714
10. Yugoslavia 702
11. England 698
12. Germany 697
13. United States 694
14. Czech Republic 678
. Paraguay 678
16. Romania 673
17. Sweden 671
18. Cameroon 670
. Ireland 670
20. Denmark 660
. Uruguay 660

Colombia ....4th in the World ???? bahawah !!!! :lala:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tarmpropp said:
where's norway?
Since
Mar 02 Rank:
Dec 01 Change
Since
Dec 01

31 Norway 637 30 -1 25 -6 That's Where They Are !!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
ridiculous as ever, where is japan?

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
my God, it's about time we moved up in this damn thing, is qualifying not enough these days? Maybe coming first in your group isn't good enogh for FIFA these days either, yet teams that fail to qualify pack the top 20. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't understand the FIFA rankings one bit. Columbian isn't even in the WC, yet they are #4? Italy just beat England in England and they dropped. Unbeleivable, but those rankings are pointless anyhow, they are basically for people to discuss and debate over. The the real test begins May 31st. :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Nobody takes this cpar seriously, we are number 3?, because we tied two friendlies and Brazil beat two small teams in Brazil?, c'mon, Colombia isnot going to the WC but they are 4th?

i guess if we win the WC, we'll be 4th, guess who'll be first?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
The Champions are in first... OK- check.

Then the two South American giants..... OK... I sincerely think Argentina ought to be first... but check that anyway.

Columbia.... home winners of a decimated Coppa America..not going to the WC.

Mexico...

Holland and Yugoslavia both among the top 10 and neither are going to the WC.

Fascinating...

Ciao.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Actually i agree that brazil should be second.
Argentina were about only 10 points ahead of us at the start of the year.

We trashed 2 small teams at home. THen we beat Saudi arabia away (were URUGUAY LOST + THEY ARE IN THE WC)

Then we beat Yugoslavia at home.

In the meanwhile Argentina drew against Wales , who are a joke. and also against Camerron.

Were is the injustice in that???

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
We just beat Germany in their own Country and Brazil drew with Portugal. Argentina and Brazil are separated by one point so, We (Argentina) should probably surpass Brazil in the next months ranking..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's my top 10

1 FRANCE (The World champs and Euro champs)

2 ARGENTINA (probably the deepest and hottest team in the world right now)

3 ITALY (they are always there in the big tournaments and their defense is probably the best in the world)

4 ENGLAND ( have been playing really well to qualify, not anyone could score 5 in Germany )

5 NETHERLANDS (ok, ok, they didnt make the WC but they are good and should be in IMO/ They got the the WC98 and the EURO 2000 semis and lost to PKs both times)

6 BRAZIL (Should always be considered top contenders even though they have been down as of late)

7 PORTUGAL (Very talented team on the rise with possible the best player in the world in Figo)

8 CHECH REP (Not in the WC but a solid team non the less)

9 GERMANY ( You could say they are rebuilding but are reving up for the WC)

10 SPAIN (probably the world's greatest underachievers in the WCs but loaded with talent)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
It's because they take into consideration friendlies as well.. In my opinion they should only assign points to WC matches, then Continental (Euro, Copa America, etc.) and then qualifiers to those tournmants. Friendlies SHOULD not be taken into consideration. Why, because a team can only play S H I T teams in friendlies and beat them all, and then end up like 3rd in the world...

·
Registered
597 Posts
colocolo said:
Here we go...the monthly FIFA review that no one agrees with EVER !!!!!! :dielaugh:

FIFA Top 20
1. France 810
2. Brazil 787
3. Argentina 786
4. Colombia 731
5. Portugal 726
6. Italy 722
7. Mexico 715
. Spain 715
9. Netherlands 714
10. Yugoslavia 702
11. England 698
12. Germany 697
13. United States 694
14. Czech Republic 678
. Paraguay 678
16. Romania 673
17. Sweden 671
18. Cameroon 670
. Ireland 670
20. Denmark 660
. Uruguay 660

The FIFA-ranking is a joke! What the h*ll is Colombia doing at number five and Mexico at number seven! Mexico did have problems to qualify to the World Cup from the part of the World it's easiest to qualify. The USA at number 13, what's that...?

The only thing I can agree with is France number 1 - definately! Best ever national team...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Re: Re: Fifa Rankings for April 2002

Zenden said:
colocolo said:

FIFA Top 20
1. France 810
2. Brazil 787
3. Argentina 786
4. Colombia 731
5. Portugal 726
6. Italy 722
7. Mexico 715
. Spain 715
9. Netherlands 714
10. Yugoslavia 702
11. England 698
12. Germany 697
13. United States 694
14. Czech Republic 678
. Paraguay 678
16. Romania 673
17. Sweden 671
18. Cameroon 670
. Ireland 670
20. Denmark 660
. Uruguay 660

The FIFA-ranking is a joke! What the h*ll is Colombia doing at number five and Mexico at number seven! Mexico did have problems to qualify to the World Cup from the part of the World it's easiest to qualify. The USA at number 13, what's that...?

The only thing I can agree with is France number 1 - definately! Best ever national team...
France best ever national team?, for them of course, i can mention a few that were better: Argentina 86, Brazil 82, Holland 74, Brazil 70, Brazil 62, Hungary 50´s...you should do some research before you issue statements like that.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Fifa Rankings for April 2002

SZeppelin75 said:

France best ever national team?, for them of course, i can mention a few that were better: Argentina 86, Brazil 82, Holland 74, Brazil 70, Brazil 62, Hungary 50´s...you should do some research before you issue statements like that.

I know all this have been some great teams, but I do still think this French team is the best ever... Hungary did not win anything, Argentina was totally a one-man-team and Brazil 82 did not win the world championship... Brazil in the 60's probably we can say is better than the French today, but marginally... The French play some very 'beautiful' football and it's fantastique to watch... Great players in every position, passing and movement at the very highest level...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Even if you call Argentina of 1986 a one-man team, they were nonetheless a very strong team :D

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
of course maradona was the one who stick out, but there were great players in that team, like ruggeri, burruchaga, valdano, enrique, bochini, pumpido, etc.
and some of them also got to the final of the following WC along with maradona, losing just with doubtful a PK goal.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yes the curent France squad is greatn to watch, even though they don't have a Maradona, they have Zidane the best current player, but you team , Holland could give France a run fot it's money, France isn't all that, they have the titles, yes, but they have their weaknesess.

we had a revugalar but consistant WC squad in 86. Pasculli, Olarticoechea, Brown, Giuisti.....

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
In regard to the Argentina 86 VS current France team, i just would like to make a few comments. Argentina were blessed to have a genius in their team in Dieguito. France have been blessed also with a genius too in Zizou. Argentina's genius is among the greatest ever of this sport. France's genius will probably join the illustrous Argentine legend in this category.

Argentina had a few great players such as Burruchaga and Valdano to help Diego. The other players were hard working and efficient players, to complement the genie of Maradona and the talent of Burruchaga and Valdano. Overall, Argentina were mainly a one man show. Take away Maradona from the team and Argentina becomes an average to good national team.

The current French team, may have one genius in ZZ, probably the most talented player since Diego's time, but France can also count on other players to make the difference. Players such as Titi Henry, Trezegol, Pires when fit, and a great joker in Youri Djorkaeff who despite his age, can still contribute to the team greatly. The midfield of France has a real wall in the Pat Vieira-Manu Petit duo, who form, one of the most dominant defensive midfield unit in the world, if not the most dominant in the world. In defence, no need to introduce Thuram, Desailly or Liza. Barthez also, with the NT, is simply imperial. Overall, the current French NT appears to be more balanced, more solid and less dependent on one player. With no Zidane, it is indeniable that the team loses in "fantasia" and skills, but the team still remains very solid and highly competitive. The same cannot be objectively said about Argentina without Diego...This French team has a great depth and solidity.

The only teams which have been more dominant (so far) than this France Team in history are the great Hungary team of the Puskas era and the Extraterrestrial Brasil of O Rei Pelé. However, if France wins this year's World Cup, they will arguably be a very solid candidate as to the most dominant national team ever in the history of football...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts