Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys think Fifa are going to rank us.
I think 4-5.
1 France(they might have got to FIFA as well)
2 Brasil
3 Italy
4 Holland
5 Portugal(we will be ranked below Holland and Italy ,because we are a small country)

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Well I think we will be ranked either 6th or 7th because the Czech Republic always seem to be up there regardless of their performance.

You shouldn't pay much attention to these rankings as they give little insight into the true class of the teams. But if it helps us get an easy World Cup group at WC 2002 (if we get there) it will be useful.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
We will be lucky if they put us in the top ten. Portugal is not very popular in the soccer establishment right now..
Apart from the teams Paulo mentions I think Argentina, Czech, and Spain will all be ahead of us. Probably some other team too.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
guys your taking this conspiracy thing to far. It has nothing to do with FIFA Ranking. If you win games then you gain "ranking points" for your FIFA Ranking. Despite losing to France we should get 3-4 points from them, about 20 from England, Romania, and Germany (thats 20 points each) and about 10 from Turkey. In all we should get 75 points in FIFA Ranking which will certainly put us in the top 10.

D

·
0 Posts
The Czech may drop quite a few places since they failed to progress beyond the group stage. And they will be ranked from performances and that the Czech were in a difficult group won't be taken into account.

Portugal will probably have massive climb up, since they beat 3 other top 25 team, Romania,England, and Germany

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
exactly Driver X...my fellow kinsmen seem to think otherwise though :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts