25. Eslováquia
26. Marrocos
27. Tunísia
28. Israel
29. Ucrânia
30. Áustria

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah yeah,we'll see in the future.
the list is a bit strange to me.
ok brasil is a great football country but
czech rep. is better than argentina seems very stupid.they didnt even play in the world cup of 98 and not even in 94.
the best teams are:brasil,argentina,italy,germany,holland,spain,france,maybe england no else no matter what the ranking says....

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nasty,
ggod to see you arounf mate :)
The only thing that it is not strage is taht brazil leads the list since 93....always on #1 :)....while all the other countries alternate their positions! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah brasil is a great football country for sure and i know they are number 1 since 1993 or something.
and im not angry for that brasil is the best team,but a couple of months ago norway was ranked better than italy and argentina and thats strange norway has played 2 world cups and never won against italy!!!
italy has missed 2 world cups and when they missed they didn't even take part in the qualifications.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i like long discussions but it seems only you guys here on the brasilian forum likes it
you can ask me whatever you want is okey.
especially about sports.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i see your point.
nobody knows for sure how the points are given....but it is similar to the old tennis ranking, so current form matters a lot, and old form counts nothing!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
While we are dicussing the international scene, I have some gossip for Aquila!
It seems that Paolo Di Canio no longer wants to play for Italy because they are too rubbish for him!!! hehehe...this made me laugh my head off...as if he would get in the team above Vieri, Del Piero, Inzaghis etc!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
paulo di canio never played good in italy
now he's the king of england,so why should he leave.
but what has this to do with the fifa ranking?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Absolutely nothing Nick, but while the international teams were mentioned I wanted to share this news with Aquila...it should make him laugh!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Well, Natalya, Paolo Di Canio's words made me recalling a tale written by an ancient Greek writer called Esopo (sorry, I only know his Italian name, but Amo can help us here). The title of this tale is "The Fox and the Grapes", perhaps you already know it, but anyway: one day a fox saw some grapes on a tree and it was longing for getting them, but since the tree was too tall for it, the fox said that the grapes were too bitter to be taken. But it's true that Italian national team are playing quite badly.

Italy at place number 14, 14, 14, 14 ??????? And tomorrow there's Italy v Portugal...

FORZA AZZURRI

[This message has been edited by aquila (edited 25-04-2000).]

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Aquila I hate Paolo Di Canio (as all Villa fans do, after the West Ham games this season!) and I would be sad to see Italy reverting to desperate measures and putting Di Canio in the squad!!! I would rather see Pippo...and that is saying something!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
do you think paulo di canio is a great player??
many players always sit on the bench in italy,and haver has a changhe to improve or get known.
then when some foreign team pick them up,we see that they was good players.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
OK, mates, replace the fox with Paolo Di Canio, and the grapes with the Italian national team. Paolo Di Canio knows he will NOT be called up, so that he says Italy is rubbish. So relax and enjoy Italy v Portugal, if you can. Without Paolo Di Canio.

FORZA AZZURRI

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
aquila are you also italian??
anyway del piero is not playing!
finally zoff understand that the best players must play,del piero was good once but not anymore,i hope we'll see montella in euro,not s.inzaghi.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
the only thing i understand about the ranking is that brazil is number 1.

but how is italy 14? should be higher.
france 3? should be lower! what has france done since the world cup? nothing.
czech republic 2? give me a break!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts