Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idp...&idnoticia_PK=193958&idseccio_PK=647&h=050312

The Catalan newspaper, Diario Sport, quoting the Brazilian newspaper "O Globo" says that FIFA that decided to fix the draw of the next World Cup. So it seems that Germany will be in the Group A and Brazil in the Group F. In this way, they assure that both teams don't meet in the whole tournament until the final (in case that they reach it).

Teixeira (CBF president) has said that this decision is not "immoral". He also said that "FIFA did so give some advantage to the current champion, since it's the first time ever that the previous winner don't automatically qualify for the next World Cup".

Do you think that this is fair?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
FIFA can do whatever they want. Brasil won't make it to Berlin as good as their squad is/will be. Deutschland on the other hand ... hmmm ... tough to call .. they are hosts and a powerhouse in International Football. Argentina and Italia are set for a good WC showing.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Yeh because Brazil with Ronaldinho, Adriano, Ronaldo and Kaka won't go all the way, they'll destroy every defence in their path.
Germany are solid but there are better sides than them, but I think Brazil is so far ahead of other countries, it's unreal.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Koeman4 said:
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idp...&idnoticia_PK=193958&idseccio_PK=647&h=050312

The Catalan newspaper, Diario Sport, quoting the Brazilian newspaper "O Globo" says that FIFA that decided to fix the draw of the next World Cup. So it seems that Germany will be in the Group A and Brazil in the Group F. In this way, they assure that both teams don't meet in the whole tournament until the final (in case that they reach it).

Teixeira (CBF president) has said that this decision is not "immoral". He also said that "FIFA did so give some advantage to the current champion, since it's the first time ever that the previous winner don't automatically qualify for the next World Cup".

Do you think that this is fair?

Ofcourse it is not fair...I guess FIFA and Pele are an item as everyone says they are. Now watch, they will put Argentina in a group with Holland, Italy, Greece. Hoping that Argentina and Italy will not get through. F U FIFA!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Absolutely not. It's a travesty. And shame on them for being so open about it, like as if the people will nod their heads in agreement with this arrangement. What's wrong with FIFA?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
RayLewis52 said:
Ofcourse it is not fair...I guess FIFA and Pele are an item as everyone says they are. Now watch, they will put Argentina in a group with Holland, Italy, Greece. Hoping that Argentina and Italy will not get through. F U FIFA!!!!!!!!!
OMG!! HATERS!! What the f*** does Pele have to do with this?

And back to the tpic. Of course It should not be fixed.

Haroon said:
FIFA can do whatever they want. Brasil won't make it to Berlin as good as their squad is/will be. Deutschland on the other hand ... hmmm ... tough to call .. they are hosts and a powerhouse in International Football. Argentina and Italia are set for a good WC showing.
Why not?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
brasileiro said:
'94 - '98 - '02

Lightning struck thrice already which is a rarity. Ain't happening for the fourth time. ;) Shades of '82 as I see it. A superb Brasilian side goes to Germany. Plays awesome footy but then one fine day Murphy's Law hits 'em and hits 'em hard.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
i hope

and imo the final will be:

ITALY VS PORTUGAL

·
1st Tier Poster
50,228 Posts
Well, for me the main reason why Brazil will not win WC2006 is that everybody consider them as favourites. That's a certain death. Look at WC2002, where the big favourites France, Argentina and Italy all failed pathetically. And in the final were Brazil and Germany, two teams who were in big crisis before the tournament.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
The best thing to happen to the next World Cup would be if we saw an Italy vs Argentina Final. :) Hopefully Spain and Germany would have been the other semi-finalists, the former because they thoroughly deserve it after all these years of underachievement and the latter to keep the home flame burning right up till the final stages of the tournament.

Europe vs South America. Carefree attack vs Organised defence. Sounds like a perfect showdown.. Brazil would have been a much more boring proposition.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Europe vs South America. Carefree attack vs Organised defence. Sounds like a perfect showdown.. Brazil would have been a much more boring proposition.
:dielaugh:

I can't wait for the Brazilian response to this statement.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Haroon said:
'94 - '98 - '02

Lightning struck thrice already which is a rarity. Ain't happening for the fourth time. ;) Shades of '82 as I see it. A superb Brasilian side goes to Germany. Plays awesome footy but then one fine day Murphy's Law hits 'em and hits 'em hard.
Symmetrically, the WC winners since 1958 are as follows:

58: Brasil
----62: Brasil
--------66: Host nation :D
-----------70: Brasil
--------------74: W Germany
-----------------78: Argentina
--------------------82: Italia
-----------------86: Argentina
---------------90: W Germany
-----------94: Brasil
--------98: Host nation :D
-----02: Brasil
06: :shades:

See the trend? ;)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Haroon said:
FIFA can do whatever they want.

a) Brasil won't make it to Berlin as good as their squad is/will be.

b) Argentina and Italia are set for a good WC showing.
a) That's what people said about them coming into Korean and Japan.

b) That's what people always say. :D

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Haroon said:
'94 - '98 - '02

I kown that the statistics odd are against us. No nation has ever reached 4 finals in a row. But it can happen. At least I hope so. :)

Great Outdoors said:
The best thing to happen to the next World Cup would be if we saw an Italy vs Argentina Final. Hopefully Spain and Germany would have been the other semi-finalists, the former because they thoroughly deserve it after all these years of underachievement and the latter to keep the home flame burning right up till the final stages of the tournament.

Europe vs South America. Carefree attack vs Organised defence. Sounds like a perfect showdown.. Brazil would have been a much more boring proposition..
How About Brasil x Argentina? That would be the best final ever. Only if we win , of course. LOL.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Fixed or not, this Brasil team is so far ahead of the rest that they could put them even in the group of death and Brasil with their Copa America team could win it. That's not sarcasm but realism. IMHO, the 2006 WC should be about not who's going to win it, but who's going to finish 2nd and 3rd....:eek::lala: :mute:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
San Siro said:
Fixed or not, this Brasil team is so far ahead of the rest that they could put them even in the group of death and Brasil with their Copa America team could win it. .;)
That is what they said about Argentina (and France) in -02 ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts