Xtratime Community banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Gold Cup, which is the CONCACAF Championship, started this week and Mexico's first game was against Trinidad & Tobago. They have a history of hacking Mexico players (Cuah Blanco got his ACL hacked in a game against T&T). This game Hirving "Chucky" Lozano took a forearm to the back in the box which sent him headfirst into the goalie's knee. Out for the Cup and needed surgery to repair the damage. No call....Frankly, there could have easily been 3 penalties called against T&T but the ref wasn't in the mood I guess.

Well, all this led to fan frustration and towards the end of the match a segment of the crowd started with the chant. Honestly, I didn't hear it but I'm old. They ended up stopping the game twice for a couple of minutes each.

When it was clear that the game was almost over and it was going to end a scoreless draw, the entire stadium gave the chant and the ref called it right after that.

I think this is to show that if you try to generalize punishment you will get everyone pissed at you. Generalizations are just bad policy.

Find individual culprits and lay the hammer down if you want.....the technology exists.....

·
Registered
16,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mexico plays Guatemala and wins 3-0. Fans give the big F-U at the end with the chant once the game was in the bag and not too much time left.

·
Registered
16,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The Mexican Federation has gotten wise and is encouraging the fans to shout "MEXICO!" instead. It is called "Grita Mexico". It worked, somewhat, in the game against Honduras at the Azteca stadium. Most of the fans were shouting "Mexico" with a distinct minority shouting "Puto".

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,015 Posts
I blame the Dutch king for teaching the Mexicans bad language.

• Haha
Reactions: TTM and Firdaus

·
Registered
47,701 Posts
I've been laughing at this for a good 3 minutes now. 😆

Reactions: TTM and Boyo

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,087 Posts
See, say pwodway! 🌮 (was supposed to be a Mexican flag, but the flag emojis seem to be broken)

• Haha
Reactions: Firdaus and TTM
21 - 27 of 27 Posts