Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34,795 Posts
Annoying that these articles always stay generic and don't describe what was actually said

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said "PUTO" (which is a common term for male prostitute...by implication gay man) whenever the opposing goalie kicked a dead ball.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,234 Posts
They said "PUTO" (which is a common term for male prostitute...by implication gay man) whenever the opposing goalie kicked a dead ball.
seems a bit over the top reaction by FIFA

also calling it "anti gay" seems a bit much... the word basically means a manwhore, no?

·
Registered
16,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seems a bit over the top reaction by FIFA

also calling it "anti gay" seems a bit much... the word basically means a manwhore, no?
Yeah.....Way over the top....and what is to stop opposing fans to chant it to disqualify Mexico?

·
*the drum drum*
43,403 Posts
The word ibne is thrown around very loosely in Turkish, and in particular at football matches. Also a homophobic slur.

Only a matter of time until a fine.

·
Registered
23,509 Posts
Yeah.....Way over the top....and what is to stop opposing fans to chant it to disqualify Mexico?
The next time Mexico plays the US, watch some woke (that is not a banned word here (yet?) losers infiltrate the crowd to cause trouble and get Mexico more bans...

Funny, I have seen all kinds of s.hit happen it games from all over the world...but its Mexico, Croatia, Serbs, Estonians etc that are the only ones to get burned.

PS We have played many games without fans due to the woke uefa nailing us.....so playing in the covid times without fans is just like old times. lol

·
Registered
47,619 Posts
Annoying that these articles always stay generic and don't describe what was actually said
Quite a lot of that. And quite a lot of these...just moronic hit pieces with buzzwords.

This one's on Charles Barkley. You have to love the "journalist's" gotcha too. Chuck said that he and others can't have fun on the show without "jackasses trying to get you canceled". Her big fact check is that no one ever actually canceled Barkley. If she's an English Major, she needs a refund.

She goes for the jugular near the end...hilariously proving his point without realising it. But I'll give her some credit - her retelling of the joke makes it even funnier:

Barkley has used the "joke" about larger women specifically from San Antonio for years now. He's called the city a "gold mine for Weight Watchers" and when he attempted an apology, he instead said he understood why they were heavier because he tried churros and decided they were delicious.

The hosts mentioned that San Antonio is rated one of the "fattest cities" in the U.S. and Texas one of the fattest states. Alabama, where Barkley is from, is also near the top. He also noted he is overweight.

Notably, though, his comments have never been about the people in San Antonio, but specifically he has targeted women. In the decades of his comments, he's never been "canceled."

Reactions: TTM and Boyo

·
Registered
34,795 Posts
You could argue this was a less serious offence than throwing bottles at the American players (some of them Players of Color!)

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,945 Posts
Quite a lot of that. And quite a lot of these...just moronic hit pieces with buzzwords.

This one's on Charles Barkley. You have to love the "journalist's" gotcha too. Chuck said that he and others can't have fun on the show without "jackasses trying to get you canceled". Her big fact check is that no one ever actually canceled Barkley. If she's an English Major, she needs a refund.

She goes for the jugular near the end...hilariously proving his point without realising it. But I'll give her some credit - her retelling of the joke makes it even funnier:
He can dish it out but can take it too. Love this exchange.

Chuck: "you don't know the difference between cat scan and cat food"
Shaq: "you fat ass always talkin' bout food"

Reactions: TTM and Firdaus

·
Registered
47,619 Posts
Lol, YES! Sticks and stones, baby. Like water off a Chuck's back. On the other hand, Shaq doesn't seem to handle it so well, lol.

There are Youtube compilations of Barkley roasting Shaq and of Shaq being a baby. This particular slam is probably my favourite...Shaq interrupted mid-profound speech:

Reactions: TTM and Boyo

·
38,945 Posts
The banter between those two is hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Firdaus

·
38,945 Posts
I think it's wonderful that UEFA has the moral authority to decide what is and what isn't a good cause.

·
Registered
47,619 Posts
@Boyo Sometimes it's even better when they both laugh at someone else. Chuck's joke here about Lonzo Ball had Shaq in literal tears.

Reactions: Boyo

·
38,945 Posts

·
38,945 Posts
I wonder how that board meeting went.
  • "Kneeling during the anthem made us lose over a million viewers in one year, how can we get them back?"
  • "Let's bi gay!" 🌈

Reactions: TTM
1 - 20 of 27 Posts