Xtratime Community banner

who will win the Fifa footballplayer of 2004 award?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RONADINHO or SHEVCHENKO Or HENRY ?

after fifa annocing RONALDINHO and SHEVCHENKO and HENRY as one of them will be the player of the year 2004 ...who do you think will win ? and why ?

for me ,,,its ronaldinho because simply ,,,he is the best player in the world .. :happy:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Why bother posting this? Liga fans will say Ronaldinho, EPL fans will say Henry and Serie A fans will say Sheva.

I say Ronaldinho :cool:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Henry for me, has scored more goals and assisted the most goals. ;)

but it's a worthless award even if he does win it, it never seems to be voted in a logical manner :finger:

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Setzer said:
Why bother posting this? Liga fans will say Ronaldinho, EPL fans will say Henry and Serie A fans will say Sheva.
No. Everybody will say Ronaldinho with the exception of a few Serie A fanatics who will say Sheva. All the Arsenal fans will say Henry.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I'd say Ronaldinho and closer Shevchenko... Henry is great, but I think that Ronnie and Sheva did better.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's a draw

IMHO they should share it, they work under different circumstanses and they are all awsome players.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Its voted by NT managers, many who only follow major football events and go by reputation, so i think Ronaldinho will win and Henry will finish second, especially since Sheva's NT track record is "less" known.

Who should win? no one player deserves it from a title prespective, so it should go to the world's current best player, which is Ronaldinho.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
If I could vote I'd vote for Shevchenko. Yes, a Brasilian voting for Sheva instead of Ronaldinho, wow. :D

I just think Sheva has shown more regularity this season. This is Ronaldinho's first season in a top-class team, he has time on his side and he'll inevitalbly win this award sooner or later... if not this year, then next year. :star: But unless I'm mistaken Shevchenko has been scoring more than 20 goals per season in the Serie A for 4 years now, quite an achievement – not to mention that the Ukrainian has been shining both in his club and NT, something Ronnie can't really say.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
This award is all about current form no matter what anyone says and on that basis leave out Henry.He should not be there in the first place because Deco has done more for Porto.

A straight shoot between Sheva and Ronaldinho though I sincerely hope that Sheva gets it this time out for the reasons Garrincha pointed out and more.Besides he was also among the topscorers for the Euro qualifiers despite Ukraine not making it to the actual competition and has 19 goals in 20 competitive games so far this season.Truly an amazing record for an amazing player!

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Sheva no doubt in my mind, he s been the best.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
They all deserve it equally in my opinion. It's good to finally see a top 3 of guys who actually deserve to be there, rather than getting in on reputation or because FIFA like you.

Any one would be a worthy winner, Club bias is the only seperating factor for me, if I was forced to choose I would have to pick Ronaldinho because of that.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Setzer said:

I say Ronaldinho :cool:
Not etirerly true as shown in this thread. Personally I would not complain if any of these three players win it, since they all been sensational troughout the year. that I hope that Shevchenko wins it, is another thing entirerly. But as mentioned, as the voters here is the international managers I think he will not get it.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Is it only me that thinks Adriano deserves to be ahead of Henry? In this calender year of 2004 the guy has scored a goal almost everygame and basically single handedly won the Copa Amercia with a Brasillian C team .

Not saying he should win but surely ahead of Adriano, My top 3 would probably be Sheva Ronaldinho Adriano in no particular order.

But please not Deco! This guy was class this year and I rate him as a very good player but these guys deserve it way more in 2004

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
RONALDO was ROBBED!!!

The man won the Spanish Super Cup, Pichichi of la liga, Top Scorer of the South American Qualifiers, etc.

but no...Fifa rather gives it to henry "a chocker" ronalinho "did not win anything" and Sheva!!!

well what can I say? FORZA SHEVA ALL THE WAY!!!

1 - 20 of 175 Posts