Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

v

FIFA Club World Cup: Thu, 18th Dec, International Stadium Yokohama

No idea what sort of team we'll put out here nor do I know anything about Gamba Osaka.

2-0 United, Ronaldo to get back on the goal trail and Rooney to stamp the ball into the net. :proud: :D

NB. Scholes must start this game.

·
Registered
42,804 Posts
Gamba Osaka play a stylish brand of football, one touch here, one touch there...

Their stand-out player is the midfielder Yasuhito Endo, No. 7, at his best he is a truly omnipresent personality on the pitch. :D Classy player who is a joy to watch, he must be controlled by whatever means necessary, I suppose by your own superiority as a team. Some wonder why he hasn't transfered to Europe yet. 70 caps for the national team. Nakata, Nakamura, Ono... Endo?

Others too such as the winger Yasuda and Brazilian striker Lucas.

If you underestimate them you will be punished.

Hopefully they can express their full potential and aren't crushed under the weight of pressure. There shouldn't be much, of course you're massive favourites and everyone expects you to progress!

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
For God sake dont get injured.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
For God sake dont get injured.
Thats the main thing for me......no injuries and hopefully nani gets some time and shows why he deserves starting place ahead of park.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
sh** :(

Berba misses United’s bid to take on the world’s best

Dimitar Berbatov has been ruled out of Manchester United's Club World Cup semi-final with Gamba Osaka tomorrow after picking up a virus.

The former Tottenham striker has been unable to train since United flew out to Japan on Monday to compete for the £3.3million first prize.

Berbatov, 27, was absent last night as the rest of the squad were put through their paces at the Nissan Stadium.

It means Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney, who is expected to recover from a minor knock in time to play, should be paired up front.
United are aiming to become the first British team to win the Club World Cup since the competition was extended.

The mini-tournament, which is contested between the champion clubs from all six continents, also allows Sir Alex Ferguson's side the chance to take a break from their Premier League campaign.

But United have faced some criticism over the timing of the fixture, as they will not play again until Boxing Day and they are already in third place in the table, six points behind leaders Liverpool.

Yet Ferguson believes the lure of being crowned world champions was too good to turn down.

"You can't win the Premier League in December," Ferguson said, when asked about the timing of the competition.

"Yes, it's a little bit of a handicap but that's what happens when you're successful. I hope we're in Abu Dhabi next year because it means we're successful.

"It's a big incentive to become world champions. In 30 years' time you look back and say 'Manchester United, world champions' - to me that is what our club's about."

Ferguson is expected to name a strong United side to take on their J-League opponents tomorrow in Yokohama. Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville will be included, along with Paul Scholes, who is set to start for the first time since undergoing knee surgery at the end of September.

Ferguson also hinted that Cristiano Ronaldo could be handed a starting berth.

The world player of the year has been mobbed by Japanese United fans since he arrived.

Wayne Rooney admits he has been amazed by the level of support he and his team-mates have received and says he wants to repay the locals by putting on a good performance.

The England striker said: "The support we have out here is amazing. We want to do our best to entertain them."

Meanwhile, Ferguson has identified Gamba Osaka midfielder Yasuhito Endo as the Japanese team's dangerman.

Endo, 28, scored the winner in their 1-0 victory over Adelaide United to set up a last four clash with the Reds. "He is their star," said Ferguson.

(standard.co.uk)

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Manchester United to use veterans against Gamba

YOKOHAMA, Japan (AP) — Alex Ferguson is banking on his old boys to lead Manchester United into the finals of the Club World Cup.
Ferguson said the experienced trio of Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs will form the nucleus of the English Premier League power's lineup to face Japan's Gamba Osaka in Thursday's semifinal in Yokohama.

"It's a big-game situation and their experience will be important tomorrow," Ferguson said Wednesday. "I still have to decide on who else to play, but it will be a strong team."

European Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo was the only other player Ferguson mentioned would play a part in the semifinal, as the seasoned manager considers resting players ahead of the Dec. 21 final and the taxing Christmas and New Year program in the Premier League.

"We want to win and I hope I play the right team tomorrow. Sometimes you have to look a game ahead though. I have different ideas for the final," Ferguson said.

One player who won't be playing is Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov who will miss the game after picking up a virus after the team arrived in Japan.

Fellow forward Wayne Rooney picked up an injury in training on Tuesday but is expected to be available for selection.

Ferguson, who described his current squad as the best in his 22 years managing United, said he was blessed to have three veterans the caliber of Scholes, Neville and Giggs to build his squad around.
"We're a very fortunate club," said Ferguson. "Ryan has been with us 21 years, Gary 19 and Paul 19. That is exceptional, absolutely exceptional."

There was some concern that Scholes, who only recently returned from a knee injury, would not be fit enough to take part in the semifinal, a notion Ferguson quickly dismissed.
"Over the years when Paul has had injury problems — and he's had a few and he comes back strong. He's back to normal now ... he hasn't lost anything," Ferguson said.

The Club World Cup features the club champions from FIFA's six continental confederations.'

Gamba, who won last month's Asian Champions League final, beat Adelaide United of Australia 1-0 in the quarterfinals.

(AP)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After hearing the team news i'd like to see this side for tomorrow;

Kuz

Nev
Vidic
Evans
Evra

Scholes
Carrick
Giggs

Ronaldo
Tevez
Nani

LDU beat Pachuca 2-0 this morning so if we beat Gamba Osaka we'll face them, copa libertadores champions and still competing at a good level despite losing some important players from that team.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I´ve to work the morning, packing clothes. Hopefully we´re finished on time. I´d be thankful if someone could post a good working stream then.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I've heard from sources close to the club that Anderson is going to score today.

MOTWYW
I don't know who your source is, but I heard the same thing off HP.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good morning folks, game just about to kick off

very strong line up:

VDS

Nev
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Anderson
Scholes
Giggs

Ronaldo
Tevez

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Rooney on the bench...

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Neville is going to get skinned all night against Yasuda. Even in his prime he never had the pace to keep up with that guy.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
manutd.com live updates...

Great save from VDS - 12th minute.....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts