Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
67,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tournament will kick off on December 11th.

Teams taking part, schedule, etc..

http://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/index.html

Will it be yet another Europe vs. South America affair, like the original Intercontinental Cup and the previous editions of this current version? Or can a lesser fancied continent break the duopoly?

p.s. Go Ahly :proud: (I think we'll lose to Pachuca, though)

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I think Al Ahly will be in the final although I'm not sure if they'll be able to beat United. Hope so. ;)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
come on ldu

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
We're taking good form into this off the back of a 6-1 win last night against the only professional team from New Zealand. I expect us to do likewise against a bunch of plumbers and mailmen. Knowing us though, we'll either blow it against Waitakere or beat Gamba now it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Still, this should be fun. At least we're getting paid. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42,987 Posts
I'll be supporting Adelaide and Gamba depending [Adelaide if they're facing the Japanese, believe it or not]. Gamba are capable of the sublime, check out the pass in this video at 2:52, although Onree may not wish to go through it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbinZj64c4w

I should add that Adelaide were forced to send out a weakened outfit. :D

But, sublime stuff.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Is Manso still in La Liga?..I wonder if he might me motivated by this games or not? with that looney you never know.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Why are there 2 teams from Asia ?(Gamba and Adelaide).

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Why are there 2 teams from Asia ?(Gamba and Adelaide).
To boost crowds and local interests there is a guaranteed representative from the J-League, which would have been their newly crowned champions (Kashima Antlers) unless a Japanese team wins the ACL. Gamba won it and thus became the J-League representative and we took their place as the AFC team as runners-up.

It does cheapen the tournament for them to make sure a local team is there and/or putting in a losing finalsit, but we're getting a decent payday out of this so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Play-off starts in around two hours. Adelaide vs Waitekere.

For some information, Adelaide last week thrashed Wellington Phoenix (NZ representative in the A-League and basically the only professional team in NZ IIRC) and a couple of weeks ago said Wellington scored 7 goals against Waitekere so you know what to expect.

Some Adelaide players are injured though, notable two Brazilians (Cassio-one of their best and Diego) and defender Ognenovski.

Keep an eye on Adelaide's #13, the spawning salmon.

[tub]KrS9OKEtXdU[/tub]

·
Registered
67,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1-1 at half-time. I feel like watching the 2nd half, will probably do.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.