Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
68,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Draw was made today. Tournament will be played in Feb

World Font Sky Technology Electric blue

Most probably a European club, in this case Chelsea, will win it again.

Last time a South American club won it was Corinthians in 2012.

·
Registered
68,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What can you tell us about Monterrey, @TTM ?

·
Registered
17,251 Posts
They are a solid team with more than a few players on the Mexican NT, chief amongst them are Rogelio Funes Mori, Jesus Gallardo, and Cesar Montes. Funes Mori is a tall physical "9" that was a regular with the NT while Raul was out with his fractured skull. Now that Raul is back Funes Mori is his backup. Cesar Montes is a solid central defender (with some Lebanese background). Jesus Gallardo is a winger/back who is given a lot of latitude to move up and down the field. I like him.

The team is coached by Javier (El Vasco) Aguirre who used to coach the NT (and the Egyptian NT as well :D) and has coached several teams in Europe and Asia.

Haven't really followed LIGA MX in a bit so I can't tell you what their tendencies are but Aguirre was a bit of a disappointment with the NT...which seems to be the case while Egypt also :D.

They just got eliminated in the quarters in the LIGA MX playoffs......

·
Registered
68,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Aguirre was fired after losing at home to South Africa in the 2019 ACN hosted in Egypt where we played badly and the team was heavily criticized. Intriguing to see him against an Egyptian club. Salgado was his assistant at the Egyptian NT btw.

·
Registered
17,251 Posts
Hey, if you can have a full set of teeth a Mexican club can win a CWC. Miracles happen bro! :D

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,377 Posts
Didn't even know they still had the world club championship. :unsure:

·
Registered
11,006 Posts
Yeah, 1 great team competing with 7 teams that probably wouldn't make the Conference Mickey Mouse League if they played in Europe.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,337 Posts
Some Kiwis (I wonder if Boban made the team) against some news reporters (I assume Al Jazira is Al Jazeera's Sunday league team) in the opening round, should be an interesting and close game.

·
Registered
Valencia CF
421 Posts
The only time it was mildly half fun was when you had Real Madrid and United in there together with some Brazilian teams in a group stage thing, but half fun is probably stretching it.

All this Intercontinental Cup/Super Cup/CWC stuff needs binning.

·
Registered
Valencia CF
421 Posts
What's even funnier is when a shit club wins won of these rubbish "trophies" they get all excited about it lol.

·
Registered
68,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As predictable as clockwork, gents. Thanks for following the thread title. 😀

·
Registered
68,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some Kiwis (I wonder if Boban made the team) against some news reporters (I assume Al Jazira is Al Jazeera's Sunday league team) in the opening round, should be an interesting and close game.
The news channel Al Jazeera is Qatari

The club taking part, Al Jazeera, is from UAE. As the league champions of the host nation.

Same thing I know, like all those Asians looking alike etc...

P.S. Jazeera means Island in Arabic btw

1 - 20 of 43 Posts