Xtratime Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a pro evo fan, I always favoured pro evo over fifa, but this year pro evo really dropped the ball, BIG TIME... so I bought fifa...

anyways I am declaring myself the best fifa player in the world, if anyone has the game for ps3 and dares play me, let's do it :D I cannot be beaten.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Oh god I was playing this last night...

It's alright, but I still hate it when my players pass it BACK when I'm clearly pointing the stick in the OTHER DIRECTION! :D

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I'm a pro evo fan, I always favoured pro evo over fifa, but this year pro evo really dropped the ball, BIG TIME... so I bought fifa...

anyways I am declaring myself the best fifa player in the world, if anyone has the game for ps3 and dares play me, let's do it :D I cannot be beaten.
bro I've been playing this game since day one, I've played about 15 games online with 15 wins destroying every little 11 year old around the world!

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I played the demo and couldn't get used to it. It just didn't feel like the usual FIFA. They completely changed it.

I mean what's up with the tackle button? It doesn't work lol :pp

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
get it on the 360 then we'll play :D

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Oh, it used to be circle before.

Anyway, I agree with you on PES. That game is extremely laggy and beyond playable for me, especially online.

·
Master Debater
21,280 Posts
fifa has sucked until now... pro evo really really dropped the ball this time around
I'm not sure how the PS3 version is but Pro Evo for all its small glitches is a kick ass game for the xbox360.

By the time next years version rolls around and they fix the glitches this game will be too addicting.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
They screwed the PS3 version over. It was a very bad port from the 360.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
:howler: I think this goes down at the most hilarious thread of 2008.

Fifa has sucked since 99, and only made a marginal improvement 9 years later. If that's progress i don't know what is :D. I mean it took this retarded series almost a decade to improve.

Anyway I still play the older pro evo's much more. 2008 is no good, but telling me its better than FIFA 08 is almost as funny. The worst Pro Evo is probably as good as the Best FIFA08....

Fifa is honestly one of the worst series I've ever played, and people who know a thing or two about football baffle me on their blind praise on how 'good' this game is. It's fun to play with others, otherwise, its a blunder on realism to say the least. 80% of the crosses are goals, you can run down the wing no problem, everybody moves exactly the same way, if you find out how to shoot perfectly you'll score 9-10 goals a game easy, you can make 4 passes and score in the hardest of modes. I've seen Soner play our friends, it looks fun, but realism? Come on. I've seen the goals you score man :howler:

Unfortunately pro evolution has dropped the ball this year, as did most next gen sports games for their first run out with the PS3 and Xbox360, but Fifa is pure hilarity. I'm still playing the PS2 Pro Evo's because there is really no good football game out there right now. Football Manager and Pro Evolution 5 are the only way to go right now.

Fifa has no tactics. Arranging a formation isn't the end all of tactical decisions and it isn't even scratching the surface of realism. What made Pro Evolution? The ability to modify tactics to the barest of details. Not just game play. People confuse the fact that gameplay and movement of the players is the one and only standard to realism. That's what distinguishes between Pro Evo fans and Fifa fans.

Of course if you think that Sedat Yesilkaya moves like a slower Ronaldinho, as per Fifa standard for EVERY player in the game, than there isn't much to say is there? :howler:

But I do however admire the fans that try to go for the better game every year. Be it FIFA or Pro Evolution. It keeps the developers honest. You can't just have blind fanboys of each series to dominate the market. Because whatever piece of shit they output they will love. Pro Evolution was a gift to me, but I'm usually one to rent the game before I buy it. I like to look at myself as the casual fanboy, if I don't like it, I won't buy it. But I surely won't turn my back on it to that arcade game FIFA, that doesn't deserve half the attention I give my Nintendo 8 bit.

On another note, I do know a developer in Burnaby and he told me how they go about developing the game, and thus, my never ending boycott of that piece. He has not renewed his contract unfortunately, so I won't get the dirt on the next FIFA. He went to BCE that bloke.

Fifa is for the casual, predictable, play for fun, play with friends type game.
Pro Evolution is for the realist, serious, as well play with friends type game.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
They screwed the PS3 version over. It was a very bad port from the 360.
Huge factor. Porting games is an aberration to the PS3.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I went to play Turkey v Germany so I can get over my misery and I lost 2-1 :wallbang:

·
Master Debater
21,280 Posts
They really seriously screwed up the manual long ball in the Pro Ev for Xbox360.

My one major beef with Pro Ev has always been the way they go about the ground manual passing in all their games. Usually the long ball feature was much better. I hate having to press a button and the computer deciding where my pass goes, it takes a lot away from the creativity you want to display on the pitch.

Now that the manual long ball glitch is there in the new title I'm fairly pissed off. If your character has long passing stat above 80 you can forget trying to manually chip a pass over a defenders head to a striker going foward. The ball comes off your foot like a scud missle going 800mhp 4 feet off the ground. It sucks.

Over all it is still an awesome game. Just fix the damn manual passing for the next versions.

Neyse I doubt they'll put much attention into it considering most people don't give two shits about manual passing. :O(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.