Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just and FYI here in the UNIted States the offical release for Fifa2001 will be released on October 18, 2000>

D

·
0 Posts
Do you know anything about the game yet?

Such as, how many leagues?, which leagues?, AI, gamplay, etc etc.

The EURO 2000 game was not excellent, but a big improved on FIFA 2000, which was an absolute disgrace IMO. :mad:

Are you going to buy the game, even if all the critics say it's a real crap game? :confused:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I love Fifa2000(probably because the last soccer game i bought before it was fifa95):) I didn't get the Euro2000 game was it good?
Anyone ever played that CL game made by Eidos, it looks heaps good on the box.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fact Sheet!

Over 50 National Teams, including US, England, France, Holland and Italy.
17 top leagues including Major League Soccer (MLS), the English Premier League, German Bundesliga, Spanish Premier League, Italian Serie A, and the French LNF.
Intelligent commentary by legendary announcer John Motson and footy legend Mark Lawrenson.
New motion captured moves from Lothar Matthaus, Hidetoshi Nakata, Paul Scholes, Thierry Henry, Edgar Davids, Gaizka Mendieta, Shimon Gershom and more. As well as moves from Sol Campbell, Eddie Pope, and Zack Thornton. The motion capture is implemented for new animations and quick responsiveness from the controllers to the players in-game.
Multiple game modes including Friendly play, Leagues, Cups and Custom modes.
Players demonstrate different degrees of urgency and involvement relative to their position on the field.
Time elapses as events happen on the pitch in sunshine and rainstorms, the sun rotates, clouds pass by and the pitch conditions are relative to the weather conditions. Authentic light sourcing delivers dynamic player shading and accentuated physical detail as players pass in and out of shadows.
Highly detailed facial expressions and features, including intense gazing from the players eyes along with varying characteristics such as facial hair and hair color. Player's are recognizable both in their facial features and accurate heights.
FIFPro License that includes all the names and likenesses of FIFPro's member player associations.
Advanced artificial intelligence (AI) utilizes authentic football strategies and is designed to counter user tactics. AI features precise shooting control with the ability to power up shots.
Consecutive season play, with the joy of promotion and the threat of relegation, offers the chance to earn your team's advancement into the European Cups for the next season.
Cinematic cut-scenes seamlessly capture all the action so players experience the impact, pain and emotion of a world-class game.
Hard-core in-game animations capture the rough-and-tumble aspects of soccer with increased physical contact, giant collisions, and crunching falls.
User selectable set plays allow players more control than ever before during key moments of gameplay.
Year-round website support will provide bonus roster updates, patches and other surprises.
PSX Dual Shock™ support.
PlayStation and PlayStation 2 (1 to 8 players).

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
It better have the Polish National team in there. What the hell are they putting Iceland or Wales in there but not Poland. We have a rich footballing history and to not be included is a slap in the face.

Does anyone know if Poland is in there?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Being included or excluded is not always so easy. Portugal got left out of 2000 because of some deal. EA Sports didn't get a release or something, so the league and team were left out even though they had been in FIFA 99. I hope they have Portugal, Argentina and a full Brazilian League

D

·
0 Posts
I hope so too, but knowing EA, perhaps a full Brazilian league for a change, perhaps a Porteguese league, but an Argentinian??? I don't think it will be in it.

I downloaded the Argentine league to play in FIFA 99 and it replaced the Swedish league or something, that was pretty cool :cool:

that FIFA2001.net hardly tells us anything, except a short summary from the above, it doesn't tell us specifically which national teams are in it, but EA knows we'll go and buy the game anyway. :mad:

·
Registered
119 Posts
all i want to know is do the club teams have the opportunity to earn money once their in the champions league..i mean in 99 the big clubs had huge bankrolls..i think it would very cool if for each champions league game played the clubs get money for it..so they can built their team up..what do u guys think??

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i agree with that. I usually play with teams i don't care for because of their bankroll. if i could take a little team and build them into champions it would be great.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
fifa2001 better have tha argentine league. i think the soccer fans deserve to see and play with the young players that we keep talking about for the future. If they really cant do it, then i hope they have boca and river in the "others" section with the rest of the misc. teams.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
It probably won't have the Argentine league, argentina. But I do hope I can play with River and Boca in the Rest of World section as you said...

However that dammed brazilian league will probably be there again :mad:

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
I´d love to see an official UEFA Champions League game made by EA Sports. With the original CL music played before the games. That would be great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts