Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the hockey world cupz jst started and its a really good fast and entertaining game ................... 12 teams will b compteting in it and the 1st game was won by spain as they beat south africa 4-2

group A:

Argentina
Germany(defending champions)
S.Korea
Netherlands
New Zealand
Canana

group B:

India(host)
Spain
Australia
England
Pakistan
South Africa

currently England r beating Australia 2-1 and to follow is India Vs Pakistan ............... both games r between fierce rivals and this is a really fun sport which gets very little coverage generally .............

Australia and Netherlands r regarded as favs this time as the germans,who have won the past 2 world cups have a very young team but imo shouldnt b counted out.India as hosts could b given the fillip to get back their past glory while Spain and Korea are always dangerous.They say England r very good and they r looking like the real deal atm beating australia so far .............. should b a fun world cup :musik:

any other hockey fans here then??

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
india hav pretty much annihilated pakistan tonite although pakistan had 2 penalty cornerz of the crossbar yet they were outplayed in the 1st half quite convincingly.

also the favourites australia were beaten deservedly by england who have now seriously become a power to b reckoned with and its quite amazing how 10 years ago they were the whipping boys of world hockey and now r outplaying the top hockey nations :thumbsup:

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in da 1st match new zealand beat canada 3-2 in the battle of the minnows in pool a.

in the 2nd game korea were 2-0 up vs germany but the germans have fought back to make it 2-2 and the koreans wasted a sure shot goal as the korean striker failed to make contact with the ball in front of an empty net ............... its finished 2-2 as well now and the koreans took their foot of the pedal really and should consider this as 2 pts dropped

netherlands vs argentina next :lick:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
From which country are you then fats that you like the hockey?

That slowmotion movie with Taeke is sweet!

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
iv playd hockey in skool actually and as i m in india now i will go for the matches i thnk although its far from where i m at.i have learnt this game in russia ofcourse and wen i was in egypt i playd sum as well

ur team was brilliant today btw and the argentinians were well beaten ............ saw a bit of it and hopefully i will b able to go and watch argentina vs germany and if not then atleast the semi finals

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Hey, mate!
I didn't know You like field hockey. I come from Poznań. This is the strongest place of field hockey in Poland. For many years only teams from Poznań are winning Polish League. Sometimes I watched field hockey games.
Unfortunatelly Poland isn't very good team, just average one, although we played in Sydney Olympic Tournament. But we play very good indoor hockey! We have won silver medals of World Championships twice and Indoor Field Hockey WC will be placed in Poznań next year! :D

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, mate!
I didn't know You like field hockey. I come from Poznań. This is the strongest place of field hockey in Poland. For many years only teams from Poznań are winning Polish League. Sometimes I watched field hockey games.
Unfortunatelly Poland isn't very good team, just average one, although we played in Sydney Olympic Tournament. But we play very good indoor hockey! We have won silver medals of World Championships twice and Indoor Field Hockey WC will be placed in Poznań next year! :D

ya poland does participate bt hasnt had much success and its good ur doing well in indoor hockey :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i m sure poland would kick south africa and canada's ass :)

i thnk hockey both field and indoor are fantastik sports and like squash i would say r very very tiring sports and thats why i love them :D

btw at present germany are leading argentina 4-3 in whats been an entertaining game

today there was a big big upset when new zealand beat south korea 2-1 :eek:

da dutch as usual got a big 6-0 win

yday it was australia 12-0 south africa:howler:

england continue to do well and won 5-2 against pakistan

spain finally got their act together with a 5-2 win over india

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
never gave this sport much respect because of the way the players are crouched over to play the ball, it seems like a dumb way to play sports

why isn't there a player that says, **** this, i will play with a longer stick?

it's like a game you play when you are 6 years old in your house when you don't have real equipment, but on a much bigger field

the big field is :thmbup: though

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
never gave this sport much respect because of the way the players are crouched over to play the ball, it seems like a dumb way to play sports

why isn't there a player that says, **** this, i will play with a longer stick?
it's like a game you play when you are 6 years old in your house when you don't have real equipment, but on a much bigger field

the big field is :thmbup: though

proly the same reason y a footballer hasnt said ," **** this i will get my own ball 2 play with and score and not run around after da same ball with othr plyrz " :smileani:

sportsmen r dumb like dat i guess

its a gud sport though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts