O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen

We have hit a bad patch of luck.
Don't despair!
Lets not point fingers at anyone.
Respect, honour and integrity will get us through this.
It is time to see who are the REAL Portistas!

------------------
Viva O Norte
Viva Porto
Viva Futebol Clube do Porto
Viva Pinto da Costa

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
yes Ola I agree with you...still I do not like Fernando...never did...I hope the Pacheco/Jupp rumours are true

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are these rumours?

------------------
Viva O Norte
Viva Porto
Viva Futebol Clube do Porto
Viva Pinto da Costa

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
go to my website tonight to see these rumours online...currently updating

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard those rumors too but I think they're both unlikely to happen.

1. Jupp Heinckes would never get out of a contract with Benfica. Besides, he's made some questionable decisions there.

2. Jaime Pacheco is too aligned with Boavista who continues to side with the powerhouses from Lisbon.

I'd rather see Carlos Queiros take over. What do you think?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
if your talking about carlos queiroZ then I agree with you totally!

But I am sick of Portuguese coaches..to defensive....maybe a Brazilian or Balkan coach...as those nations play attacking football.

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that's the one I mean. Do you know who I really would love to have back? Bobby Robson...but I suppose that's impossible.

One alternative would be Jose Mourinho who was Robson's assistant at Sporting, Porto and Barcelona. He is still at Barcelona and ready to take on a head coach's job.

I think Santos has wasted a tremendous amount of talent at FC Porto. I think he's a decent guy but not ready for high level competition.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Bobby Robson was the man! to bad we screwed him!

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Heynckes' contract with Benfica expires at the end of next season, and the word out of Germany is that he's taking over for the German National Team in 2001 after his contract at Benfica is expired.

The Heynckes to Porto rumor was published in a Spanish Sports daily in Barcelona. I really doubt it's true.

This is a legitimate question, so please don't take it as a Benfiquista trying to stir the pot: If Porto doesn't win the championship this year, do you think that PDC would make a change at coach?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have cnanged coaches last year!

------------------

·
International
5,629 Posts
Why are you thinking about changing coaches? The guy has had to of his best players hurt, Deco and Baia, they return and Deco is out form and you guys want to get rid of the coach???

Come on your team is in position for everything that they planned for, CL quarterfinals and a sixth championship. Be proud this year, you guys have earned all your points unlike previous years. AND that's very good coaching.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Sorry RedEagle I cannot stand Portuguese coaches.

Santos goes to Barcelona and plays offensive and then plays defensive in Porto????????

Does he go to Holland on his free time and go to their famous cafes???????

I want a Brazilian/English/Serb coach! Someone who believes that Futebol has to played with an exciting flavor!

The only exciting team in Portugal is Guimaraes! All they do is attack.

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Well if it was up to me defense wouldn't exist. I also like an attacking style, but defense has been Porto's constant for as long as I can remember, with a lethal striker up front to finish. Fernando Gomes et al. That philosophy has paid huge dividends, why all of the sudden change it?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
because I want to jumpp out of my seat and see great plays not this..pass-pass-pass-pass crud...I wanna see exciting fast-paced futebol!

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts