Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start this topic since we have quite a few of them and I didn't know where to write down the info.

Well Romeo scored for Holland, sadly Dirk again didn't, I'd much rather see him bag one.

Hofs was one of the few better players in the U21´s.

Lazo was the captain of the Serb U21´s, they beat Spain, he had an assist for a great goal, you can download it below. But overall missed like 4 good chances, 1 of them was one on one with the Spanish goalie. But still he played well.

Ono got a yellow card against Iran and was suspended for last nights match.

Gibbs played the full 90 minutes in the US win over Guatamala.

And that´s all I know so far.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
good initative :cool:

Nice week for Romeo in the end after not getting picked. Didn't do all too badly I think despite getting subbed as like I said in the other thread, I think Kromkamp should have overlapped more, especially as the build-up play was just so slow, giving Armenia time to double mark him but he could still definitely improve.

About Hofs I read he too lost his temper a bit in the NRC on Monday like van Persie. Whether it's true I do not know as I haven't seen any pictures of the u21s games.

As I get eurosport but not eurosport 2 (what the hell must be on it :eek: :D) like you , I saw Ono against the Iranians and I thought he could have dominated more in midfield. Perhaps is the story of Ono here too. Lack of agression maybe?? maybe he'll get it later in his career too like vd Sar about whom van Breukelen was all happy about. I hope Petrovic can perhaps install some of his southern temperament into Ono :D

Smolarek must have played for Poland I think. Won 8-0 against Azerbaijan and 1-0 against N Ireland.

About Ghaly, some of the Egyptians in the Spurs forum told me Ghaly didn't get picked for Egypt cos he hadn't played a lot for us since his injury, Babos like Bentex said is no mate of Lothar so he probably didn't get picked for them and Goor as we all know is still suspended cos of his spit :D so I think that's about it.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
damn, realplayer so I can't open it up here. Will do so later :cool: when I'm back home and when I've finished this translating job I got to do now :groan:.

I saw Ostlund in the celebrations when Sweden scored against Bulgaria. :D Only saw the goals of that game so I dunno how he played.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody see Vincken last night? I thought he looked very good in the first hour but like the rest of the team, slowed down a bit in the last part of the match. Definately competition for Castelen though, I like him.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
I only saw the first half of the game (and it looked like I chose well :D)

I'm always a bit cautious to draw conclusions from youth games as the level's obviously different but Vincken did look promising (one dangerous cross I remember especially). I'll definitely be keeping an eye for him if I'm able to see us on Wednesday and the game after.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Getting interesting this week for some of our boys:

Ali B vs Saidi. Winner to qualify for the world cup. Loser down and out. Personally I'm hoping that Ali B boys make it cos they at least don't naturalise Brazilians plus I like Ali B more at the moment, but it should be a cracker.
It's also live on eurosport for those interested.

Östlund vs Croatia in Zagreb. Also more or less winner takes it all although a draw would be a good result for our bearded friend too.

Ghaly vs Cameroon. Chance for the Pharoahs to help the Elephants after their loss in the last game. Should be interesting to see how Ghaly plays for them and to see if he dribbles in front of his penalty area from them as well.

Castelen in the u21s vd the Czechs. Got quite a good team playing there.

and off course Kuijt vs the Czechs. If this isn't a chance for us to do it, then I do not know. Should still be tough though and I'd already be happy with a draw.

·
Registered
60,320 Posts
Wally said:
Ghaly vs Cameroon. Chance for the Pharoahs to help the Elephants after their loss in the last game. Should be interesting to see how Ghaly plays for them and to see if he dribbles in front of his penalty area from them as well.
hehe, he still commits such errors ? I thought he matured... :D

I heard that there's some sort of a feud between Ghaly and Erwin Koeman, is that true ?

Anyway, Hossam might not start on Saturday. Strasbourg's Hosny Abd Rabo and Ahly's Mohamed Shawqy are the preferred central midfield duo at the moment.

P.S. This match will be on eurosport as well. 15:00 CET.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
yeah basically cos of him repeating those mistakes, Koemans now had enough of them and dropped him. Ghaly claims that they're part and parcel of his game but now to make it even worse, Arsene Wenger apparantly is getting on the act and scouting him for as a potential replacement for Vieira. Don't know how much truth we can read into that. There's more about it in the Christmas shopping thread.

btw is this the same Hosny which used to play for Stuttgart? hoping myself for an Egypt win not cos I don't like Cameroon. They're a great side but they've already played in 3 back to back world cups. Would be nice to see the Ivory Coast in it for once with our old friend Bonaventura Kalou :thumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wally said:

btw is this the same Hosny which used to play for Stuttgart? :thumbsup:
no its not ahmed salah hosny
he is hosni abd rabo (2o years old)
he is avery great talent and iam sure he can be abig star in europe very soon

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Tarik Sektioui: Coach eruit!
door onze redactie
RADES - De ravage in de kleedkamer van Marokko verried dat er na afloop van de wedstrijd tegen Tunesië niet alleen harde woorden waren gevallen, maar ook met spullen was gesmeten.

Vol ongeloof, onbegrip en vooral woede zochten de Nederlandse Marokkanen Tarik Sektioui (AZ), Ali Boussaboun (Feyenoord) en Nourdin Boukhari (Ajax) naar woorden om de uitschakeling voor het WK te beschrijven.

Opvallend was dat het ontroostbare drietal daarbij geen blad voor de mond nam. "Ik hoop dat Badou Zaki wordt ontslagen", zei Sektioui over zijn coach. "Het is een heel slechte trainer. We hebben een goede ploeg, maar door zijn foute wissels zijn we uitgeschakeld", doelde hij op het feit dat Zaki pas drie minuten voor tijd Boussaboun inzette als extra aanvaller en hijzelf negentig minuten lang op de bank zat. "Volgens mij moesten we winnen."

Boussaboun deelde die mening. "Waar wachtte hij nou op? Als Zaki blijft, ga ik erover nadenken of ik nog wel voor Marokko wil uitkomen. Ik speel in Nederland bij een topclub. Hoe hij me voor schut zette, deed pijn." Boukhari was vooral boos op de Egyptische scheidsrechter Fatteh Issam. " Hij floot alles voor Tunesië en gaf ze ook nog een penalty cadeau. Het zou me niet verbazen als Tunesië weer wat heeft geregeld", maakte hij een toespeling op Kenia-Tunesië. Volgens de voorzitter van de Keniaanse bond had Tunesië dat duel voor één miljoen dollar gekocht.

:eek:

The media overthere must love them :D talk about being outspoken!

Anyone managed to catch a bit of the game after the Holland game? real shame for my man Ali B. :( Saidi didn't play btw.

oh yeah and Ono's injured again btw :groan: albeit it shouldn't be an all too serious one this time. They play the Ukraine on Wednesday.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a happy gathering! :D

Yeah too bad the Moroccans went out, I was planning on watching it in the local coffeeshop, but I dare say there were more moroccans there than in Rabat, so I couldn't find a free seat. The Turks are still in it though, so the other half of Rotterdam can still hope. :tongue:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I caught a bit of it. Morocco is the better team IMO. And that coach did fvck up, the guys [Tarik/Ali B] had been warming up for ages and he just didnt bring them in until it was too late. Also pulled off Boukhari for a defensive mid while being in this position. :thmbdown:

Whoever gets Tunisia in their WC poule will most probably be lucky. Of course I dont know them at all apart from a bit of what I saw yesterday but I dont think they're that tough to beat for any European side. Morocco would have drawn thousands and thousands of insane fans, dunno how many Tunisian ppl live in this neighbourhood.. I suspect much less though.

yeah Saidi was op de tribune :irritate: :thmbdown:

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Round-up after 6 years :D

- Vlaar didn't play a minute for Holland :D

- De Vrij, Clasie and Leerdam played in Holland u21s home loss to Scotland's u21s :palm: Luckily for us, Groningen's much praised backs were responsible for the conceded goals though.

- John Guidetti played 90 minutes in Sweden u21's 0-1 win away to Malta but didn't score

- Achahbar played 90 minutes in Holland u19's 0-0 draw against Croatia

- El Ahmadi played Morocco's 0-1 loss to Uganda and 1-1 draw (but loss after penalties) against Cameroon in a friendly tournament.

All in all, not much positive :( shame. Some of the players could have used a confidence booster.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Incredible that Morocco still isn't able to get decent results. Even losing against the likes of Uganda.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Yeah with guys like Assaidi, El Ham, Chamakh and Taarabt you'd be expecting them to be challenging the likes Ghana and Ivory Coast for the title of Africa's best.

Instead they are losing to Uganda :wallbang:

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Uganda's European based players being a defender at Partizan Belgrade and two playing in Iceland :D

Morocco lack real firepower though. Chamakh and El Hamdaoui who didn't play both aren't goalgetters but indeed with their European born dribblers in midfield, you'd expect them to score more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts