Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sporting can light it up! Liedson is da leadin scorer in da Portuguese league w/ 17 goals! He is very mobile n' good! Hugo Viana , Rochemback and a new emerging star...Carlos Martins ; this is a great midfield . Though the keeper is a blundering fool :scared:

This is how we do....no body do like we do it , so show us some luv and some goals :strong: :strong: SCP unit! :shades:

·
Registered
59,146 Posts
Yeah I'm really looking forward to this and I'm indeed gittery of Liedson who seems to be quite a poacher who'll be up against our defence which always seems to make at least one enormous blunder each game.

But Sportings league form as has any Portuguese top side's form has been real inconsistant and I see that they lost 3-0 to Maritimo today and a few weeks ago they lost 3-1 too. Not that we're so great as we been attrocious too before our 7-2 win this weekend, but the game I guess can really go either way and a lot will depend on who's defence stands up the better.

I guess Sportings strength lies in midfield and attack (with players like Liedson, Viana, Rochemback, Martins) like ours , right?

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
We'll show you some love in the form of goals Jonny! :)

Tough match-up, still since this is Europe, everything's possible. Our attack will no doubt score a couple of goals, the question remains, will our defence let in less than we've scored? We'll have to wait and see.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sporting r inconsistent! Their D aint dat great!

·
Registered
59,146 Posts
we might have had a great day at the races today but so are Sporting right now. 5 nil up at home against Rio Ave, a mid table side with Sa Pinto and Liedson getting the goals for them.

Should be a real cracker then, but back to us. Östlund is illegible for Wednesday so it'll be Zuiverloon at RB. Other than that, the only position up for discussion imo will be the goalkeeping. Will Babos be fit in time? and even if he is, will Gullit opt for Lodewijks? all we know is that Gullit is one who readily admits that he makes all his decisions purely down to his "gevoel" :D so anything can happen as we saw with Pardo. So what will it be, do you think?

Saidi I'm a slightly worried about since today he again made a little mishap with that mis-trap and last week he forgot to mark Rene Bot. We can't afford to make such mistakes against Liedson for sure.

Up front, I don't think that even Gullit will be mad enough to drop Lazovic :D so in general the same team for Wednesday bar 1 or 2 changes.

The team just for note btw:

--------Babos-------

Zuiverloon-Saidi-Gibbs-Basto

Castelen-Hofs-Paauwe-Goor

----Kuijt----Lazovic------

EDIT: Babos said to the AD he'll start so that shouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
59,146 Posts
Interesting with Gibbs from the AD today: http://www.fr-fans.nl/nieuws/nieuws_200502_049.htm

Interesting to note from it that Saidi who on the pitch didn't gel so well with a faltering Paauwe also is doing better with Gibbs on it but also off the pitch cos of Gibbs more socialness :thumbsup:

So a day left before the game. Predictions?

mine is 2-1 Sporting. We've never done well against sides from the Iberian peninsula and if you remember the games from the early 90s vs Porto and Zaragoza, then you just got to hope that we won't get wound up by them and end up getting men sent off. Kiprich and his shoe back then :D 2-1 wouldn't be a bad result either as Sportings away form in the league isn't good either, so I have a good feeling we'd be able to turn them over in Rotterdam.
Hopefully our defence will hold and continue improving as it has in the last few weeks with Gibbs and Saidi but you never know with us. Hope for another surprise from Gullit's men and not a nasty one.

Com'on Feyenoord! :fero:

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Wally said:
Up front, I don't think that even Gullit will be mad enough to drop Lazovic :D so in general the same team for Wednesday bar 1 or 2 changes.
What do you mean?

Wally said:
The team just for note btw:

--------Babos-------

Zuiverloon-Saidi-Gibbs-Basto

Castelen-Hofs-Paauwe-Goor

----Kuijt----Lazovic------

EDIT: Babos said to the AD he'll start so that shouldn't be a problem

I dont think it's fair to start with Babos as Patrick was amazing :eek: :thmbup: and Babos made a dumb mistake vs De Graafschap. Nothing against him but it wouldn't be fair.

We'll win 2-1 :cool:

·
Registered
59,146 Posts
monte said:
What do you mean?
:confused: I was just saying that Gullit even with his unpredictability wouldn't drop Lazovic or did you interpret it in another way? :googly: :D

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
No its not about Lazo I just wondered why you say he could be mad? Estelle still loves him, so..

:wallbang: you mean CRAZY not boos I get it.. sorry :pp

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Cool interview with Gibbs! Nice to see he's also a good signing off the pitch since that also plays a role in today's football.

Agree with Monte on Patje, the guy's such a rock and honestly I feel more secure with him in goal at the moment.

As for a prediction, 3-3 is what I say (and hope). :D

·
Registered
59,146 Posts
hmm I got to admit too I feel more secure with Lodewijks but what if Lodewijks keeps fit till the summer. He's a keeper who's very steady and imo rarely does things wrong while Babos is probably more spectacular and can win you games but can also win you games while also give away goals in a silly fashion (ala David James or Sebastien Frey).

Tough one imo. especially looking at the long term since if Lodewijks stays in goal till the summer then Babo's confidence for next season will likely be shattered while Aerts hasn't exactly taken the world by storm this season (bar one or 2 games like against us in Roosendaal where he saved RBC from a certain 10-0 defeat)

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Well I dont want to be looking at the long term. Whats important is who's better NOW and that man is Patrick for me :cool:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Match is about to start, Lodewijks in goal, the rest of Wally's line-up is spot on.

C'mon FEYENOORD! :fero:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
HT: Sporting 2-1 Feyenoord

We started out great with the Bart Goor goal but pretty much left it there, the Portuguese started pressing and got a bunch of corners following eachother up at one point. It was a matter of time before they scored and it happened, again some unmarked guys at the far post. The second goal was even worse, Saidi's (only) weakness showed it's ugly head again, positioning at crosses or set pieces.

Lazo got a big chance when Ricardo f*cked up but the guy cleared it from the line. Liedson is constantly trying out Zuiverloon and not without success and the Portuguese are dangerous with their long shots. Still their defense is clearly prone to mistakes as well, so my prediction stands, 3-3 at the end. :hopefull:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Well the score didn't change which means Wally got it right.

I'm not satisfied since we could have gotten more out of this match, Playing against 10 men (actually 9 plus that annoying little dwarf motherf*cker Liedson :fero: ) for half an hour. But it just wasn't there. I hoped for a miracle from Kalou but he's not yet in any kind of form. Zuiverloon was pretty bad, but I don't blame him for it, perhaps Gyan should have played. Paauwe and Basto were also pretty bad, both don't deserve a starting 11 spot IMO.

Once again much respect goes out to Dirk Kuijt who was everywhere, attacking, defending, battling for the full 90 minutes. Goor was also pretty good. I'm even beginning to like Nicky's fighting spirit. :D

Return's next week, I'm positive we're gonna knock them out in front of a sold out Kuip. :strong:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
so Babos played :)
I wish I knew :(

I take it there will be highlights throughout the night like on weekends on NED2?

·
Registered
59,146 Posts
The result is acceptable considering we were up against the wall in the first half but seeing the way we failed to impose ourselves on their midfield when they were with 10 men was disappointing. Paauwe imo looks too slow despite being a far better passer than say Pascal but what could we do as we have no real viable options for the DM spot with Ghaly out :eek: but if Gullit & Wotte were smart then they'd sell Paauwe to either Bochum or Hamburg who were interested in him a few weeks ago for lets say 1 or 2 million to then get Oude Kamphuis on a bosman, who has repeatedly said he'd want to come here. Only this week, but apparantly Wotte hasn't really shown real interest.

As for the defence, shame about the mistakes and Basto seemed more content in blasting the ball out of touch when he came forward, but Kuijt, Hofs and Goor came out with voldoendes for me. Good news too that Shinji will hopefully be 100% fit for next week as he showed in the half an hour he came on, that he still is very important for us and despite him not performing to his usual high levels this season, I can't think of any realistic replacement for him from the eredivisie. Hofs is good but as I said, Shinji's more talented.

As for next week, I'm not sure what'll happen as our defence is always liable to conceed a goal and we really need to dominate more in midfield against the more technical Portuguese and Brazilians. But what does give me hope is the way Polga played. Reminds me of Glen Loovens :eek: while wth has happened to Ricardo?! flapping at every ball and punching for no reason when he could have caught balls easily. If he keeps it up, we really should test him more will long distance shots too next week.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
We were better the first 10 minutes and should have killed them after the first goal. They looked extremely unorganised in the first quarter I thought they would collapse but later on they totally overwhelmed us, they played nice football from time to time :cool:

I would have subbed Castelen (who disappointed me yesterday) for Kalou instead of Lazo (who disappointed me as well) But Kalou showed nothing. Unbelievable how Kuijt played more as a defender, we just fell back way too much. A man like Leonardo might have been the missing link yesterday but I sure as hell wouldnt have brought him in against a Portuguese team either.

Should be interesting in Rotterdam, fortunately Custodio wont be playing, he was dangerous. Im extremely pleased with Hofs' free kicks.

Wally I thought Saidi played extremly well too, especially the first 25 minutes :star: but how the hell could he miss that sitter? The ref blew the whistle already so it wouldnt have counted anyways but still he made one awkward movement there.

·
Registered
59,146 Posts
yeah what a miss ! :D it was just as bad as Tomassons miss from half a yard against NEC :eek:

as for the defence, Saidi made some great tackles but he and Gibbs need to concentrate 90 minutes long as Liedsons the type of striker who needs one chance to score. Annoying man though with all his diving antics :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts