Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how you feel about it, but I'm a bit cagey about this. I've been to Oman and Dubai and the people in the Arab world are really hospitable! but we're going to go to Jeddah, on the Red Sea coast where not so long ago a Frenchman was shot dead by terrorists and with the happenings in Riyadh in the last year, you can't help but feel uncertain about the safety of our players. Though Ghaly and Saidi in it could preter potential nutters from doing anything.

We're going to play Al Ahly there during the trip and Saudi Arabia was picked since a trip to Egypt was deemed financially not affordable. More or less confirms the idea that we're a load of cheapskates :D but seriously we probably got a nice sum of cash to go to Saudi Arabia.

Turkey probably the cheapest place to go in the winterstop probably wasn't picked cos of the bad weather we had last year and the Canary Islands, my prefered destination, probably was too expensive, knowing the clubs management.

Anyways what are your feelings about this? and do you have a worrying sense too? I'm sure nothing will happen but you can't help but feel a bit worried

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I think it is safe. :angel:

;)

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ibrahimovic said:
is feyenoord will play with ahly saudi & ahly egypt or ahly saudi only ?
I'm guessing it's the Saudi one, since our trip to Egypt was cancelled

Prince-O said:
I think it is safe. :angel:

;)
so you fancy taking a change from your usual 9 to 5 factory job and taking a dip into the security branch for an extra buck? :angel: :pp

Obviously it isn't a warzone, but that tiny percent risk that something could happen is always there, but anyways hopefully it'll probably be fears for nothing.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
I thought Petrovic was taking the lads to his native Montenegro, but apparantly plans have changed.

A good friend of mine is a guy called Ronnie Nouwen, he plays for Excelsior and used to play a short while for Feyenoord's A1. In that period he went all the way to the United Arab Emirates with Feyenoord and said that the respect these footballers get over there is nothing short of amazing. He had a great time, so I doubt it will any different for our squad now.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The trip to Jeddah's been cancelled because of safety fears. Instead we'll be going to Gran Canaria to play in that tournament with that enormous cup :D we won a few years ago. Rosenborg, Sparta Prague and Bayer Leverkusen will be the teams we'll meet. Good opposition and hopefully the weather will play it's part too :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts