Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big match coming up on Wednesday, but anything to look out for?!

They're basically the inform side in Germany, having pushed their way from midtable mediocrity under Heynckes to 3rd spot within a matter of weeks without him. Although Saidi :strong: should be back for the game, Schalke will let us make the play and like all German sides, counter against us and we know what'll happen with the defence we got. Saidi can't do everything. It's a German side so we're warned and I'm not so optimistic about the game. A draw would be a good result looking at us in our current state.

Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Nope, I think a draw would be good enough if you look at the state Feyenoord is in at the moment.

·
Registered
59,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read that Schalke is thinking of not playing some of their regulars like Bordon or Lincoln since they've already qualified and for the fact that they've got the Rhur derby against Dortmund next weekend.

Won't change a thing for us though I fear. :nervous: It'll still be a hard game for us since they'll still use the same tactics which even teams like Groningen can hurt us with. Still sticking by a draw as a good result.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Yeah this is what I'm talking about, if you see possibilities like last night, take them! Gullit finally made a substitution that made sense and it turned out to be a good one. Also in the second half we dropped a little and tried to catch them on a counter.

Feyenoord wasn't lucky at all IMO. We were the better side and we could have decided everything totally if Buffel had put away one of his chances. But nevertheless a great win and hopefully it will do our teamspirit and overall confidence some good.

Best players IMO were of course Kalou, but also Goor, Ono and again Ghaly. Paauwe did ok as well.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Feyenoord played good game , Ghali :thmbup: , Ono and Bosschaart played a vital role in midfield , and Castelen played a FANTASTIC game :happy:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Did anyone see Ghali's FANTASTIC piece of skill in the second half , putting the ball past Altintop legs :happy: :happy: :thmbup:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
maher said:
Did anyone see Ghali's FANTASTIC piece of skill in the second half , putting the ball past Altintop legs :happy: :happy: :thmbup:
hehe, yeah, he got the crowd going with that move. :cool:

·
Registered
59,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jun Yun said:
Congrats to Feyenoord on qualification to last 32.
I see that Mtiliga was replaced by Ono early in the game. Has Ruud Gullit finally seen the light?
must have after Schalkes goal where Mtiliga basically stood behind the goalline with his arms on his hips staring at the ball before knocking the ball straight onto Hankes chest :D

Seriously our defending at set pieces is abysmal. Was already evident against Ajax and now again, everytime Schalke had a corner, it was a mess. Also the yellow cards were a bit unnecessary imo. We have to learn when to get them like the Italian sides, but now to the plus sides, I like Drulo thought Paauwe had a better game but the main catalist obviously was Ono. Ghaly and Goor played much better when he came onto the field so it still shows how important he can be. Also great to see Kalou back in form, much needed as his replacement Buffel looks half of what he was in the past.

My ratings:

Lodewijks 7 - saved our asses a few times

Gyan 6 - defensively alright, but as always not very creative
Saidi 7 -good to see him winding up his opponent :D
Paauwe 6,5 - better performance
Mtiliga 5 - the goal :eek:

Castelen 6,5 -alright better than the last few weeks but still needs work
Pascal 6- was his usual self.
Ono 8 - man of the match. Looked like of old. Hope he can keep it up! :cool:
Goor 7 - his great stamina showed in the 2nd half
Ghaly 7 - quiet in the first half, but with Ono beside him, much better in the 2nd half and yeah the nutmegging of Altintop to top it off :D

Kalou 7,5 - showed he's coming back. Good goals
Kuijt 7 - assists, worked hard, shame about the miss when 1 on 1
Buffel 5 - lacked sharpness

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I don't understand the comment that Feyenoord was lucky either.

Yes, Schalke was pretty dangerous so now and then but we got several 100% chances. I fully agree with Wally, our defense is still a mess sometimes.

Mtiliga, what can you say about this phenomenon, you can't put it into words.
Definitely not good for people with a bad heart.

Gyan seems to think that he's working in circus with those weird tricks. Paauwe was better than vs Heerenveen but that's not really a big achievement and he still got beaten sometimes.

Lodewijks 7
Gyan 6
Saidi 6.5
Paauwe 6
Mtiliga 5
Castelen 6.5
Pascal 6
Ono 8
Goor 7.5
Ghaly 8
Kalou 7.5
Kuijt 7