Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KO Sunday 12:30

Crucial we get 3 points here if we have any hope of getting a CL place. 3rd place obviously being more realistic but looking at the fixture list our last 9 games see 6 at home in de Kuip :eek:

Injuries and suspensions wise we'll be hampered again in defence. Van Wonderen is a doubt yet again while Paauwe is suspended for the game. Gyan will be back however. Lodewijks is injured however.

Lurling got the lowest mark out of all Feyenoorders last week in the game against PSV (4) and with Robin finding his touch again in the reserves, Bert might put him back in the team.

RKC will be without Feyenoorder to be Petrovic. Hoogendorp isn't in form at all and Redan is on loan so they may find it harder to score. Olfers however will be aiming to prove that he's worthy of a return back to de Kuip next season.

Probable line up:

---------------------Zoetebier----------------------------

Song-----Schreuder/ Gyan----Vd Berg------Mtiligia

Smolarek----Ghali---Ono----Lurling/ Van Persie

------------Buffel---------Kuijt / Lazovic-----------

I'm expecting a win from us on Sunday. Hopefully NAC will do something special against PSV too!

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Probably the best first half we've played this season! we certainly came out the starting blocks flying playing towards the fanatic end in de Kuip and it was astounding that we weren't 3 or 4 nil up by half time. Thanks to average finishing and a touch of unluckiness, Feyenoord fans were kept nervous till the final whistle, though RKC didn't pressure us either throughout the game (only one Ricky Hoogendorp shot being dangerous and one from Boutahar).

The movement from our players in the first half was very good and RKCs defenders didn't know who they had to mark with Kuijt and Buffel constantly moving from attack to midfield and vicecersa. Buffel though hasn't been in real form however. He again missed some big chances. Ghali and Ono looked very good too in the first half, notably with some of their passes. You can see that Ghali has a lot of potential and he showed it yet again in patches. Nevertheless he did have a lesser second half but he definitely deserved a 6,5 or perhaps more judging the whole game.

The best surprise of the last few weeks however has been Patrick Mtiliga. In the last few games he's played, he's done everything what you could ask of him. Defending well and coming forward when needed like he did today since he had quite a lot of space. Feyenoord should imo consider extending his contract since he has done well so far and Bert has also said that Mtiliga is player with a good attitude, a very eager to learn player.

Other players who did well in the game were Song who has improved from the poor form he had earlier this season and last season. He made good use of the opportunities he had to go forward too. Yet I always will have questions about his defending. Song imo should be played on the right wing instead of defence but that probably never will happen.
And then onze kleine vriend Gyan :D who when called upon always gives a good account of himself. He really should be played more often imo. and not be like 4th choice defender when almost all defenders are injured.

Well we're now 4 points behind PSV and even though they should stay ahead of us since it actually is 5 if you look at their far superior goal ratio, their recent form has certainly made the race open again and we have everything to fight for in our last 8 games with 5 of them to be played in de Kuip. Our next four games are decisive with Roda at home up next, then NAC away, then Ajax at home and then FC Utrecht away. All very tough fixtures but if we win them all (wishful to be honest but never say never) we definitely will be even closer to PSV who will really be hampered for the next few weeks with injuries and an unhappy dressing room. Can't wait for the games :cool:

btw. it says there were 18 views to this thread. Who reads them? :D just interested

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Wally said:
Ghali and Ono looked very good too in the first half, notably with some of their passes. You can see that Ghali has a lot of potential and he showed it yet again in patches. Nevertheless he did have a lesser second half but he definitely deserved a 6,5 or perhaps more judging the whole game.
Good news. :cool:

4 points off PSV only ? Hopefully you can clinch 2nd place = CL Football next season. ;)

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah hopefully :)

Cheers Kicker ! you're probably wondering how Smolarek played I guess :D well he was his solid self as usual. He definitely is a must in our starting 11 now!

·
Registered
460 Posts
i read it too! :D
i was wondering..what do you have to say about this..
jorge acuña has said he prefered to come to chile to play against bolivia instead of playing for feyenoord and that's why the coach didn't pick him..i don't believe a single word of it! :D
all i know if because of his performances he's out of the team & because of that i don't have dutch league reports on chilean tv anymore!! so thanks acuña for have ruined my life!!:fero: i can't see ajax anymore and i won't see them winning the league i guess..:depress: :frustrat: :irritate:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mariaines said:
i read it too! :D
i was wondering..what do you have to say about this..
jorge acuña has said he prefered to come to chile to play against bolivia instead of playing for feyenoord and that's why the coach didn't pick him..i don't believe a single word of it! :D
all i know if because of his performances he's out of the team & because of that i don't have dutch league reports on chilean tv anymore!! so thanks acuña for have ruined my life!!:fero: i can't see ajax anymore and i won't see them winning the league i guess..:depress: :frustrat: :irritate:
It may be very possible since Acuña has been frozen out recently and is like 4th choice reserve :eek: I think there's a real possibility that Kike will be looking for a new club soon.

Pardo, probably the better Chilean player here, hasn't been called up I heard:dazed: cos he once rejected a call up for Chile to concentrate on Feyenoord but I expect him to stay next season since he is Shinji Onos back up. So you may see the Dutch league next season again with Pardo and you won't miss Feyenoord win the championship next season :cool: :D

There were also rumours recently btw that Mark Gonzalez would be moving to a European club and the 3 clubs linked with him were Feyenoord, Ajax and Sevilla so maybe even more coverage of Dutch league football next season :D HAve you heard more about the rumour btw?

·
Registered
460 Posts
hey :D
well..that's not new..when chile u-23 was playing south american qualy for olympics mark gonzalez was related with both ajax & feyenoord..but nothing has happened since that & i think he will stay in my team (he's playing for us since always) at least for this year..our team is doing a crappy season so i don't think ajax or feyenoord are still seriously interested.. the only chance is that our NT can do some decent matches against bolivia, venezuela & brazil here in chile..
if i know something i'll let you know :D
i'm glad for pardo..but he's not enough to see dutch league again! :depress:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts