Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to the league already on Sunday afternoon against a side which has improved lately imo. Beating Vitesse away and also beating Willem II last week , though it must be said that Willem II are probably having their worst period in the league for a long time.

RBC will no doubt be coming for a point and a season or two ago, we only managed to beat them 1-0 in the last minute thanks to an opportunistic Paauwe shot, so all in all I doubt we'll have the same easy ride we had against them in Roosendaal where it could have easily been 0-10 to us.

As for us, Östlund will be back and I reckon he'll slot back into the team as Zuiverloon looked too much like a kid for my liking against Sporting. Nice to see Gianni play already but it's still too early imo for Zuiverloon to be in the first eleven. I'd like to see Bahia given a chance too as Gibbs hasn't really convinced me on his European outings. Maybe in the league Gibb's good but certainly not in Europe, though I think tbh Gullit will stick with Gibbs.

As for the rest, I don't really mind what'll play as up front or in midfield as it won't really make such a big difference. Hopefully Kuijt and Ono will have good days to lead us to a comfortable victory but if we play like schoolboys again, it could yet be very tough to break them down.

My prediction: 2-0 Feyenoord

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
3-0 kuijt kalou ono (i guess this means the end for lazos starting spot and maybe more)

anyone been to the match? how did we play? :cool:

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah was busy catching up with my studies :groan: but I did listen to it on the radio and we apparantly sucked :rollani:

We played in a too low tempo and the score apparantly was flattered as we were so careless that RBC even had a couple of big chances. Lazo didn't get much service btw so you can't blame him for not having his day and he also got frustrated by that (probably also made him irriatble when he got that yellow card when the ref thought he dived) but Kalou when he came on, despite scoring was also rusty apparantly according to the reporter.

If any of you saw studio sport, what did you think about Kalou's Leonardo shirt ?! :D support for our injured talent or a protest to Gullit to give him some playing time? what do you think? :D

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Support I think. It would be dumb for a player like Kalou to protest right? I thought it was a nice gesture :thmbup: Leo might just be the missing link.

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read Gullit said he's not fit enough yet and that he was only given time a week or so ago as a stimulans but him in the team definitely would add another dimension to the team :thumbsup: may also give Goor a run for his money for his position but I guess we may have to wait till next season or lets say April to see Leo back in full flow :groan:

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I have this feeling that you Feyenoord's Leandro on your hands with Leanardo. But hopefully I'm terribly mistaken.
This guy should be making his way back onto the pitch pretty soon now I think.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Bazman said:
I have this feeling that you Feyenoord's Leandro on your hands with Leanardo. But hopefully I'm terribly mistaken.
This guy should be making his way back onto the pitch pretty soon now I think.
well, for football's sake i really hope so. Because in all honesty Goor is no match for a Leonardo on form, if he ever fullfilles his talent.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
That is true though Goor has surprised me in a positive way :)

btw in studio voetbal they said leo is not training well, caused a few problems in lisbon, and that he's driving everyone at Feyenoord crazy :eek: :D

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
monte said:
That is true though Goor has surprised me in a positive way :)

btw in studio voetbal they said leo is not training well, caused a few problems in lisbon, and that he's driving everyone at Feyenoord crazy :eek: :D
aaaaahhhh, a real 'vedette' in the making :D

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Nobody knock Goor! :fero:

He's been excellent this season and I'm proud to have him as our captain. He always works hard, is all about teamplay and can score/cross/pass very well.

On topic, good win for our guys even though they didn't play brilliantly. Great to see Ono and Kalou scoring again, especially Ono's goal. :thmbup:
We seem to have a decent team right now, if only we can keep this side together for a while, I think they have potential. Lazo should be dropped since he's delivering way too little firepower at the moment.
Also, when is Bahia gonna get his chance, I mean the guy played for Brazil's U20's, he can't be that bad right?

Oh and a nice gesture by Kalou! :)

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drulo said:
:
We seem to have a decent team right now, if only we can keep this side together for a while, I think they have potential.)
yep my thoughts too as I put in the Sporting thread. What we need is experience and to keep it together and I think Wotte will be doing his upmost to do that as he's trying to extend most of our best talents contracts. With Ali B, Aerts and Ebi coming in the summer, I don't think we'll make any more transfers than that. We'll have more or less 2 players for each position and unless we sell Kuijt for a big sum what no-one' d rather not see knowing his importance to the team and also bearing in mind what we usually do with large sums of money :rollani: I expect it to be the quietest summer on the transferfront for some time as our interest in Oude Kamphuis has also apparantly cooled so that'll porbably mean Paauwe will be staying to compete with Ghaly for the DM spot.

The only player we might look on to sell if he doesn't extend his contract is Ono but he'll have to ask himself the question whether he could realistically go to a bigger club than here so all in all I can see him staying. And maybe Bahia we might look to make his stay permanent if he gets a chance and a couple of kids here and there we sign looking for the future. Other than that, it'll be up to Gullit next season to show us that he's capable of developing the players and also making the team play better tactically too, agree? :D

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
About the transfers, you never know with such an instable figure as Ruud Gullit. We might end up suffering from another losing streak by the end of the season, which will leave Gullit desperate for new signings, since they seem do well under him the first 3 months only. :D

I hope Ono stays, but he'll have to refind his form in order to become a starter again. Hofs has made a bigger impact than I ever could have dreamed of.

I also hope we offer some of our more talented youngsters a contract and start bringing them in slowly but steadily. Not only will we save money that way, but we'll also get a chance to see some benefit from that youthacademy of ours.

PS I'm still anti-Gullit! :stuckup:

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heh if Ono decides to go cos of wanting a new challenge or perhaps cos he won't get his starting place back, I bet the first person we'll turn to replace him will be Said Boutahar, who we'll probably also spend a few million on despite bringing him up. So typical!

I'm still trying to be on the fence about Gullit but for one I can say he's at least trying harder here than he was at Chelsea or Newcastle where he like looked after one training in the week before jetting back off to Amsterdam to please Estelle. Oh and yes he also signed the Spanish maestro Marcelinho while at Newcastle :howler:

oh wait, I forgot, he signed us Bruno Basto already! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts