Xtratime Community banner

will PSVs record be broken?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the ultimate question. We've got the strikers but our midfield hasn't been up to scratch at times, like we saw against Ajax when only Ghaly played well. Now we'll be up against Hollands tightest defence and even though they resembled Swiss cheese last night, they're tighter than Escude and Gygera, who Kalou and Kuijt didn't beat too often.

Hopefully for us, Ono and Ghaly will play in midfield with Pascal Vogel at LB and yeah...Gyan at RB since Mtiliga at LB, Pascal at CM and Ghaly at RB is a waste but I fear Gullit will ultimately do that since he likes Mtiliga and he still thinks Pascal is a midfielder and Gullit is also a manager who despite seeking the media attention to spout his displeasures about certain players doesn't like getting a bit of his own medicine back, ala with Ghaly, so I think he'll be be put back at RB again.

What would you folks do btw? it's evident we're not good at making play ourselves and have relied under Gullit to strike on the counter. Should we sit back and let PSV make the play since as we saw yesterday, Alex with space behind him looks vulnerable and Castelen with space is 100 times more dangerous than when he's pinned down

Also who do you Ajax fans want to see win this game?

Anyways lets hope for especially a good performance from Ono, Goor and Paauwe since they'll be the deciding factors whether we'll win or not. Kalou, Kuijt, Ghaly, Lodewijks and Saidi I've got no doubts over. :)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
We must destroy PSV. Our defense is weak but our midfield and offense is better. That's what I think.

It also annoys me that Gullit refuses to bench Mtiglia while it's obvious he's toto divisie material, what kind of nonsense is this ?

I'm dissapointed with anything less than a win.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I really don't know who I want to win. :undecide:

On the one hand PSV must drop points if we want anything from this year's campaign, but on the other hand Feyenoord is on our tail as well, so you must drop points as well. I think a draw would be perfect. Actually, I don't care, it is a win-win situation. If PSV wins, we open up the gap with Feyenoord and it is funny to see you lose, but if Feyenoord wins, we close the gap on the Boeren, which is also good. I'm looking forward to the game. I do hope you'll score though, because I can't stand the record of the Boeren.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prince-O said:
. I do hope you'll score though, because I can't stand the record of the Boeren.
yeah that's the worst bit . I wouldnt mind if a decent keeper like vd Sar, , Van Breukelen etc had the record but Zoetebier :doh:

Team I expect for tomorrow btw:

---------Lodewijks----------

Gyan--Saidi---Paauwe---Basto

Castelen-Ono--Ghaly--Goor

----Kuijt---Kalou--

Reason I have Basto is cos Gullit yesterday said he's back in the frame after having a good game for the reserves and if Gullit has sense, he'll drop Pascal and Mtiliga.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I hope you will break the record. Best would be with a 'korfbal' score that kill the confidence of PSV a bit, but a 1-1 or a 2-2 would be nice too. As long as PSV doesn't keep a clean sheet and gets all the points I can live with the scores. So when I will be watching the last minutes of the game in the ArenA on tv by sure that that has been done already.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Gullit has gone for an improved midfield with Pascal being prefered ahead of Castelen. For the rest the same 10 as Waly mentioned. Oops see that I forgot about Song instead of Gyan.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Already 1-0 behind, again after a freekick. Don't let me say: 'come one Feyenoord!!' too many times.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ibrahimovic said:
what about ghaly?
he's been substituted after 35 odd minutes for right winger Romeo Castelen. He didn't have his day really, but neither has anyone to be honest.

PSV deserve to lead 0-2 at the break and should comfortably beat us if we continue the way we've been playing. Kuijt had a chance but missed and Goor hit the crossbar but as always our defence is total garbidge and it'll probably be a mater of time before the next cock up is made :eek:

A miracle is needed to salvage a point. Time for Gullit to earn his money now in the break.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
FORZA FEYENOORD! :proud:

Listened to the match on the radio, from what I gather we dominated in the second half but still managed to give away quite a few chances. Kalou, Ono and in injurytime Bartje Goor scored the equaliser. Can't wait to see the goals!

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well the miracle happened :D , but we don't exactly gain anything it in the league table (8 points behind AZ now), but it definitely will be a confidence boaster for the boys.

I still can't believe how bad our marking can be. PSVs goals were down to slack marking, especially the first one where if Cocu hadn't headed it in, there would have been 2 more unmarked PSVers there to head the ball. PSV then decided to do the same in the second half, defending poorly, but at least we showed a lot more grit and effort

Anyways my marks:

Lodewijks - 6

Song - 5 still just as poor as before
Saidi - 6,5
Paauwe - 5,5
Basto - 5+ only slightly better than Mtiliga I fear. If we only have dodgy LBs then I'd rather have Dutch youngsters like Mels v Driel or Snoyl who might have a bit of potential or even better Pascal there

Ghaly - 5 careless
Ono - 5+ once again not good in a topper
Pascal - 5 +
Castelen - 5 +
Goor - 7

Kuijt - 6 not his game but good effort
Kalou - 6 +

Bit off topic: Was mentioned on the commentary, but don't you find it strange we're so tight despite having the biggest harbour on the planet. I know we've made some real bad signings and sold too many good players for peanuts but surely a club of Feyenoords stature shouldn't be looking at free transfers like Basto. Surely there's money somewhere or is the Stalin of the Maas :)D ) Jorien to blame for scaring everyone away?

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
listened to the radio as well.. while studying :( anyways, I hoped for a win and I thought it was possible but 3-3 isn't bad.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Wow, great comeback. I was listening to the radio of my mp3 player when it became the 1-2. Then it was 2 a clock, so a break for Langs de Lijn. Checked the internet of my phone. ****, 1-3. Still with a bit of hope I decided to listen to the radio again. When I arrived upstairs Ono already made it oh yes! So the final minutes were still worth watching. Surely with the sub of Vonlanthen Hiddink asked for it too. The Swiss Colombian came in earlier the second half for Fanfan and in the last minutes he had to come off again.
After the 3-3 even 't lied van Feyenoord' was to be heard for a few seconds in the arenA. We almost spoiled our chance later now to make it a perfect day, but he'....

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Not a bad result looking at the amount of chances PSV got yesterday. I do feel however that Temmink messed up, Song should have gotten the penalty (at least 8 out of 10 refs would have given it) and Ooijer should have been sent off.

Our second goal was a bit lucky, but who cares right?! We salvaged a point but AZ is definitely long gone. So a third place battle remains between us and the Dutch galacticos :D.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Drulo said:
Not a bad result looking at the amount of chances PSV got yesterday. I do feel however that Temmink messed up, Song should have gotten the penalty (at least 8 out of 10 refs would have given it) and Ooijer should have been sent off.
Agree with that about Ooijer. Ref copped out, but about Song I fear that he didn't get the decision with him because of Parks diving antics and with refs now thinking that any Korean player is automatically a diver.

Also I'm wondering whether it'll come good between Gullit and Ghaly. Second time he's been subbed before half time and knowing Ghalys temperament, he might not take it well while Gullit has a knack picking scapegoats. Ghaly definitely has to be less non chalant but I'm wondering if Gullit will be able to get that across to him in the right way. Hope he will, since Ghaly as we all know has a lot in his game to go far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts